ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>OTA's Begin Today.
Coogs 08:31 AM 05-22-2018
I'm sure a lot of you don't care about OTAs, but I am anxious to hear how things are going at practice!
[Reply]
jaa1025 02:05 AM 06-09-2018
This team is going to be Andy's best in KC.

Offensively, they may remind people of the Chiefs in '03. At least, efficiently and scoring wise.

Defensively, they will be much improved. Losing Tamba and DJ at this point in their career is addition by subtraction. Even at replacement level players, it is an upgrade at both positions. I don't like our CB depth situation but Peters, while still having a good year, had the worst year I felt of his career. Plus, he became allergic to tackling, which used to be a strength. This defense should be middle of the pack IMO with potential to be top 10.
[Reply]
ct 06:39 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:

Offensively, they may remind people of the Chiefs in '03. At least, efficiently and scoring wise.

Defensively, they will be much improved. Losing Tamba and DJ at this point in their career is addition by subtraction. Even at replacement level players, it is an upgrade at both positions. I don't like our CB depth situation but Peters, while still having a good year, had the worst year I felt of his career. Plus, he became allergic to tackling, which used to be a strength. This defense should be middle of the pack IMO with potential to be top 10.
some deep rosy homerism here, but i like it! :-):-)

flip side view, offense could be huge roller coaster of ups and downs. lots of big WOW plays and lots of head scratcher 'just, wow' interceptions too. This will put the defense in some very bad spots.

i do expect the front 7 to be much improved on the ground game perspective, but still have concerns about how consistent we can rush the passer. if we dont get good pressure, our patchwork secondary can still e exploited. i'm as hopeful as the next guy all the pieces align for a nicely finished puzzle board but realistically i still see the cb group with too many Qs.

this feels like a bumpy ride 8-8 season, with a +/- of 2 games if it turns bad or good. a wild card berth would be a very successful year and anything beyond that would be legendary.
[Reply]
TRR 08:27 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by ct:

flip side view, offense could be huge roller coaster of ups and downs. lots of big WOW plays and lots of head scratcher 'just, wow' interceptions too. This will put the defense in some very bad spots.

i do expect the front 7 to be much improved on the ground game perspective, but still have concerns about how consistent we can rush the passer. if we dont get good pressure, our patchwork secondary can still e exploited. i'm as hopeful as the next guy all the pieces align for a nicely finished puzzle board but realistically i still see the cb group with too many Qs.

this feels like a bumpy ride 8-8 season, with a +/- of 2 games if it turns bad or good. a wild card berth would be a very successful year and anything beyond that would be legendary.
I couldn’t agree more with this. Mahomes will be fun to watch this season, but he will be up and down especially against the schedule KC has. The defense has been re-worked and will take time to gel. My hope is they really come together over the last 4-6 games of the season, and squeek into the playoffs.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:39 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by ct:

Did Mahomes throw a lot of "Just Wow Interceptions" in College? I don't watch college ball much, but have not seen him being totally reckless with the ball since he got here.

I think when he does throw one- it will be because he was trying to make a play, maybe into an ultra-tight window and the D-back ends up with better position over our receiver. Nothing from practice or the reports coming out of Arrowhead have stated he is just throwing it up for grabs. The Denver game he had the ball sail high on him. It was more from being pumped up and not setting his feet- than making a terrible decision.

So you are predicting 8-8 with a 2 game cushion either way. Anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. I think your bases are covered-lol
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:47 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:

Excellent post!

Ragland was on Chanel 5 News last night during the sports segment. He talked about the Chiefs Defense being run over the last 2 years in the Playoffs and how embarrassed they were by their performance. He stated that basically, the number 1 goal of the organization was to be more physical in the run-stopping department. He said that is their main focus on defense-stopping the run. He mentioned he has changed his work out routine and the loss is always on his mind. Ragland talks like a leader and seems very focused on the upcoming season.

I was not a fan of the trade when it happened since he was coming off an injury, but I have grown to like him. He and Hitchens are going to be hitting hard in the middle of that defense and I think they will set the tone for the entire unit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:01 PM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Excellent post!

Ragland was on Chanel 5 News last night during the sports segment. He talked about the Chiefs Defense being run over the last 2 years in the Playoffs and how embarrassed they were by their performance. He stated that basically, the number 1 goal of the organization was to be more physical in the run-stopping department. He said that is their main focus on defense-stopping the run. He mentioned he has changed his work out routine and the loss is always on his mind. Ragland talks like a leader and seems very focused on the upcoming season.

I was not a fan of the trade when it happened since he was coming off an injury, but I have grown to like him. He and Hitchens are going to be hitting hard in the middle of that defense and I think they will set the tone for the entire unit.

Ragland and Hitchens make a very nice ILB duo. I don't think DJ was ever particularly physical; it was always the knock on him. He was a great player, but his athleticism was his calling card. Hitchens should be a major upgrade. Add in all the rotation options on the d-line, the return of Berry, and I don't see anyway this defense isn't improved.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:28 PM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by TRR:
Mahomes will be fun to watch this season

Yes he will!

https://youtu.be/ZL6DXAxVMTk https://youtu.be/VAha2FizYFs https://youtu.be/6ilh_Z7NEl8 https://youtu.be/sNNeEuOlBKM
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up