ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>PFF Draft - 4/3
Chargem 02:36 PM 04-04-2018
https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...l-mock-draft-4

Only a 3 round draft:
54. Ogbo Okoronkwo (Edge)
78. Darious Williams (CB)
86. Dorian O'Daniel (LB)

Quite different. I've heard it mentioned in a couple of PFF podcasts that the Chiefs don't have a great coverage linebacker as Ragland and Hitchens are similar style run stuffers, so they have a coverage type LB drafted at 86.

PFF stuff is generally really interesting, convinced me to spend the $40 to have a look at the stats and rankings even though I don't play any fantasy. But, the draft is a bit pointless because no way in hell this actually happens, as teams don't take the data driven approach that PFF do.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:45 PM 04-04-2018
Have you listened to Veach and Reid? Hitchens is our 3 down LB. PFF doesn’t know what a good 3 down LB looks like. I’ve seen the breakdowns of Hitchens, and he’ll be fine there. Much better than DJ and KPL last year.

That shitty ****ing mock goes to show how bad they are at evaluating talent at the end of the day though.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:17 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Have you listened to Veach and Reid? Hitchens is our 3 down LB. PFF doesn’t know what a good 3 down LB looks like. I’ve seen the breakdowns of Hitchens, and he’ll be fine there. Much better than DJ and KPL last year.

That shitty ****ing mock goes to show how bad they are at evaluating talent at the end of the day though.
Wow this got you upset! First of all, PFF actually pretty positively grades Hitchens, so they like him as much as the Chiefs do, he's just never got plus coverage grades. Also, is Ragland a 3 down linebacker also? Last year KPL came on for the third down in place of Ragland, so their assertion that a coverage linebacker could add some value isn't exactly ridiculous, considering both LBs who played 3rd downs last year are gone.

I think the jury is still out on their ability to evaluate talent, you need more years of data following players from college to the NFL to really see if their system works, but I don't have anything against their brand of analytical approach to evaluation.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:01 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Wow this got you upset! First of all, PFF actually pretty positively grades Hitchens, so they like him as much as the Chiefs do, he's just never got plus coverage grades. Also, is Ragland a 3 down linebacker also? Last year KPL came on for the third down in place of Ragland, so their assertion that a coverage linebacker could add some value isn't exactly ridiculous, considering both LBs who played 3rd downs last year are gone.

I think the jury is still out on their ability to evaluate talent, you need more years of data following players from college to the NFL to really see if their system works, but I don't have anything against their brand of analytical approach to evaluation.
I’m not upset, I’m just pointing out what a joke that mock is.

Ogbo is a reach in the 2nd and O’Daniel and Williams are day 3 picks. Williams can’t even play outside. We have enough guys that can play inside already.

Also, KPL did not come in for Ragland, he came in for DJ. Ragland is the thumper. When we go to subs the thumper comes off the field and a safety lines up next to the base WILB (DJ/KPL/Hitchens).

Another ILB on day 2 is absolutely pointless unless Sutton plans on going with a LB instead of a S in those packages, which I highly doubt. A hybrid S/LB is more likely, but even then it’s unlikely we use a day 2 pick there. If we take a safety early, it’s going to be to replace Parker.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:05 PM 04-04-2018
They aren't taking an ILB before near the end of the draft. Veach made significant investments in Hitchens and Ragland.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:19 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They aren't taking an ILB before near the end of the draft. Veach made significant investments in Hitchens and Ragland.
I’m hoping they get my boy Jack Cichy in round 6.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:37 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
I’m hoping they get my boy Jack Cichy in round 6.
I like Cichy, but we have our share of thumpers now...
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:39 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I like Cichy, but we have our share of thumpers now...
As a late pick he could be a nice steal when healthy. Key word when
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:03 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
As a late pick he could be a nice steal when healthy. Key word when
Yeah, otherwise he’d be a top 50-75 pick
[Reply]
kccrow 10:05 PM 04-04-2018
There's a certain ILB that KC should take late. I'll tell you all about him after I draft him in the CP Mock. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:15 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
There's a certain ILB that KC should take late. I'll tell you all about him after I draft him in the CP Mock. :-)
Let me guess. You are pimping Azeem Victor again.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:23 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Let me guess. You are pimping Azeem Victor again.
Nah, but I do like Victor. I think he goes before the Chiefs pick in the 6th though.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:13 AM 04-28-2018
Just thought I'd be a dick and bump this. Dorian O'Daniel in the third
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:52 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Chargem:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...l-mock-draft-4

Only a 3 round draft:

54. Ogbo Okoronkwo (Edge)

78. Darious Williams (CB)

86. Dorian O'Daniel (LB)

Quite different. I've heard it mentioned in a couple of PFF podcasts that the Chiefs don't have a great coverage linebacker as Ragland and Hitchens are similar style run stuffers, so they have a coverage type LB drafted at 86.

PFF stuff is generally really interesting, convinced me to spend the $40 to have a look at the stats and rankings even though I don't play any fantasy. But, the draft is a bit pointless because no way in hell this actually happens, as teams don't take the data driven approach that PFF do.

I like your draft better than Brett Reach.
[Reply]
Up