ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I think Fisher is coming back
HemiEd 08:30 PM 03-31-2021
It just seems to be lining up where the Chiefs are planning on it to me.

His injury against Buffalo in the AFCCG was sudden and sad.

Bart Verch said he planned on him coming back in August.

Then he is suddenly cut/released.

A complete new OL minus a LT.

Yeah, I know about the draft, but it just seems to be stacking up for Fisher's return to me.

Discuss
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:53 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Fisher is a two time pro bowler at LT and CP continues to shit on him. I swear you people don’t deserve someone like Big Fish who has been an excellent LT protecting Mahomes. I mean Mahomes has a losing record when Fisher isn’t playing
I don't think anyone's shitting on him.

I think everyone wishes Fisher hadn't gotten hurt, and we weren't scrambling to figure out LT.

The fact remains, he's got a torn achilles to rehab, and was having back problems before that, and missed some games the last two years, and is now over 30. Even if the achilles heals ok, he's still a 320lb. man with back issues. That doesn't usually get better.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:55 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Schwartz barely played last season and Remmers filled in at RT just fine. So from 2020 to 2021....RT isn’t really a downgrade.

And no one knows what Niang is compared to Fisher at this point.
That's all fine and good, but that's where we're falling short.

Remmers at RT is fine, and maybe Niang is fine.

But even if he's fine, Mahomes deserves better than fine at the tackle position, does he not?

If there is a quarterback in the league that needs better than fine, it's Mahomes.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
That's all fine and good, but that's where we're falling short.

Remmers at RT is fine, and maybe Niang is fine.

But even if he's fine, Mahomes deserves better than fine at the tackle position, does he not?

If there is a quarterback in the league that needs better than fine, it's Mahomes.
Which is why they will certainly invest in a LT early in the draft.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:57 AM 04-01-2021
Comparing this line to the Super Bowl is stupid and disingenuous.

Wylie isn’t going to be our RT. Remmers isn’t our LT. And we have an all new interior line.

****ing Christ.
Well we currently don't know, because we don't know who the LT, RT, and RG is going to be or how well they're going to play.

I have my own personal opinion that the line will likely be better. But better than bad does not equal good.

Are you confident at any position other than LG? Serious question.

And keep in mind, the stakes are higher for us than anybody else in the league, because of who we have under center.
[Reply]
O.city 11:58 AM 04-01-2021
Maybe Niang is really good at RT?
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:58 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Fisher is a two time pro bowler at LT and CP continues to shit on him. I swear you people don’t deserve someone like Big Fish who has been an excellent LT protecting Mahomes. I mean Mahomes has a losing record when Fisher isn’t playing
26-1 with Fisher the past two years.

96% winning percentage.

If Fisher is on the roster right now, I'd feel a ton better about our chances in February than I do right now.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:01 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, we LITERALLY don't know.

I mean, we can objectively say that Remmers < a healthy Schwartz.

We literally don't have any idea if Niang < a healthy Fisher. The Chiefs do have an idea. We don't.

We had neither Fisher nor Schwatz in the Super Bowl, which is the whole problem.

I can tell you that Thuney > any lineman at any position we employed in 2020.

I can tell you that a healthy Long > any lineman at any position we employed in 2020 not named Schwartz. Is that what we'll get in 2021? Dunno, but if not, we're DEEP at OG.
You're correct, we do not know.

But speaking probabilistically, Niang is probably not going to be a Pro Bowl caliber LT his rookie year. Fisher probably will be, whenever he returns in 2021.

My personal view on the film I've seen since we signed Blythe is that he's on par with Reiter.

And I'm being dead serious when I say that I'm not even sure Long starts Week 1.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:02 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I personally think Niang is going to be really good there, yes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:03 PM 04-01-2021
Well we currently don't know, because we don't know who the LT, RT, and RG is going to be or how well they're going to play.

I have my own personal opinion that the line will likely be better. But better than bad does not equal good.

Are you confident at any position other than LG? Serious question.

And keep in mind, the stakes are higher for us than anybody else in the league, because of who we have under center.
Confident? Yep.

I’m confident in every position except LT right now.

LG is improved.
C is improved because Reiter was the definition of meh. Blythe is average and we don’t need a superstar there.
RG is fine. Long, when healthy is above average. LDT and Wylie are capable backups that can fill in if needed.
RT has depth and an actual competition. Niang, IMO, is a solid RT. If he takes a little bit of time then Remmers can fill in.

And I’ve already said that I would be good with Okung and a LT in the first two rounds to take over mid season if Okung gets hurt.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:04 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Which is why they will certainly invest in a LT early in the draft.
Well, yeah. They're going to have to. And they're almost certainly going to have to do it in Round 1.

And worse yet, they may be forced to trade up to do it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:04 PM 04-01-2021
You're correct, we do not know.

But speaking probabilistically, Niang is probably not going to be a Pro Bowl caliber LT his rookie year. Fisher probably will be, whenever he returns in 2021.

My personal view on the film I've seen since we signed Blythe is that he's on par with Reiter.

And I'm being dead serious when I say that I'm not even sure Long starts Week 1.
You can’t say that Fisher is probably a pro bowl LT when he returns from injury because you don’t know. This is an Achilles for a dude is now in his 30s. For all we know....his career is never the same.

The people hoping that Niang is a LT are at the same place that you are.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:05 PM 04-01-2021
Confident? Yep.

I’m confident in every position except LT right now.

LG is improved.
C is improved because Reiter was the definition of meh. Blythe is average and we don’t need a superstar there.
RG is fine. Long, when healthy is above average. LDT and Wylie are capable backups that can fill in if needed.
RT has depth and an actual competition. Niang, IMO, is a solid RT. If he takes a little bit of time then Remmers can fill in.

And I’ve already said that I would be good with Okung and a LT in the first two rounds to take over mid season if Okung gets hurt.
I think that's all fair, though I disagree at spots.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:06 PM 04-01-2021
26-1 with Fisher the past two years.

96% winning percentage.

If Fisher is on the roster right now, I'd feel a ton better about our chances in February than I do right now.
What good would having Fisher on the roster right now be? He can't play.

He probably won't be ready to play at a 'pro bowl level' until mid-season at the very earliest, and that's quite an optimistic guess at that.

The cool thing about our chances in February is that it's APRIL FUCKING FIRST and it's way, way too early to be puckering our bungholes about what the roster will look like in September when the season starts.
[Reply]
Fish 12:06 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I was thinking that too. That could work out well..
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:07 PM 04-01-2021
You can’t say that Fisher is probably a pro bowl LT when he returns from injury because you don’t know. This is an Achilles for a dude is now in his 30s. For all we know....his career is never the same.

The people hoping that Niang is a LT are at the same place that you are.
The difference is the guy I'm pimping at the spot is 26-1 when he's on the field. So even if you take a step back from that, you're still looking pretty damn good.

Niang is talented and I still believe he's going to be a really good RT but we genuinely do not know what's coming down the pipeline there.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up