ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Media Center>What Terrible Movie Do You Love?
Frazod 12:09 AM 02-23-2019
A twist on the other thread.

[Reply]
srvy 11:06 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
great pick. box office was $5.8M. how did that happen?
Who knew probably teenybopper carryovers. I will say that Macchio stayed pretty grounded and sane for a childhood star.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 11:35 AM 02-26-2019
Bad movies I love. Everybody knows Scarface, but Brian De Palma two previous films "Dressed to Kill" and "Blow Out" are both excellent, but my favorite bad movie is the one afterwards, "Body Double". I cannot understand how people can dislike that film. It has everything that makes a great film.

No big stars, but you've seen Gregg Henry in a million shows. Craig Wasson on the left, is excellent as the lead in this film. What really ties those three films together is the soundtrack, you knew when something was going to happen and it wouldn't be good.

As far as Nic Cage, I showed someone Red Rock West just last week, that's one of my favorites. Having a crazy Dennis Hopper on the loose doesn't hurt and it featured the late J.T. Walsh as the bar owner, who died way too young.

Vampire's Kiss is also excellent, that's the one where he eats a roach. Raising Arizona I actually saw in the theater twice and on TV I've lost count. I actually didn't know anything about Raising Arizona before I went, I had seen the Coen Bros Blood Simple on HBO a few times and was hooked.

[Reply]
underEJ 01:07 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Who knew probably teenybopper carryovers. I will say that Macchio stayed pretty grounded and sane for a childhood star.
Ha ha! That's because he was a grown man the whole time! He was 23 or something in Karate Kid. He played teenagers until he was like 30. One of those very young looking people.
[Reply]
morphius 01:37 PM 02-26-2019
Warm Bodies - That movie cracks me up, and it is awful. I would never tell anyone to watch it and I have seen it a few times now.
I guess Spawn is terrible as well according to this list, though I think it was one of the first decent attempts at a super hero movie outside of superman and batman.
Kung Fu Hustle - Has some epic scenes in it
[Reply]
Frosty 02:17 PM 02-26-2019
How is Warm Bodies a terrible movie? It got decent reviews (not great but decent). I liked it, though I doubt I would need to watch it again.

I liked Spawn a lot. I think the fanbois hated it and the CGI is pretty bad at spots but it is still a pretty cool movie, especially for its time.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:21 PM 02-26-2019
Yeah, Warm Bodies is pretty cool. It's so rare to see a clever and unique spin put on a stale genre.

It's also got a 6.9 on IMDb.
[Reply]
morphius 02:37 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
How is Warm Bodies a terrible movie? It got decent reviews (not great but decent). I liked it, though I doubt I would need to watch it again.

I liked Spawn a lot. I think the fanbois hated it and the CGI is pretty bad at spots but it is still a pretty cool movie, especially for its time.
My wife says it is terrible so I was going with that, I'm just surprised that people like it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:40 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Buckaroo Bonzai
Return of the Living Dead
The Gate
S.F.W.
Buckaroo Bonzai is a great flick.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:01 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
In looking through Nicolas Cage's list of films, he has been in one movie that I absolutely loved (Lord of War), a couple that I've liked (Knowing and Guarding Tess), and one silly ass guilty pleasure movie (the first National Treasure). Of the rest, I've either not seen them or thought they were shit.

Lord of War was phenomenal, though. That's one of my all time favorites, and he's brilliant in it.
Raising Arizona was a goddamn masterpiece.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:03 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Raising Arizona was a goddamn masterpiece.
While I don't hate it or anything, it really did nothing for me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:06 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
the late J.T. Walsh as the bar owner, who died way too young.
Niebaum!

The Negotiator definitely qualifies as an entertaining bad movie.

I guess I never knew he died; I just figured he was a character actor who kinda decided to do different things. He wasn't in a ton of movies I saw but I was never disappointed when I saw him. Dude had a Masters in smarmy, that's for sure.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:07 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
While I don't hate it or anything, it really did nothing for me.
It sits alongside The Big Lebowski as one of those movies that I watched because people insisted it was just hilarious and when it was done I just kinda shrugged and never gave it another thought.

Yeah, can't say that I understand the fascination with Raising Arizona. Maybe I need to watch it again; I was in my late teens/early 20s when I saw it so perhaps I missed the gist.
[Reply]
sedated 03:08 PM 02-26-2019
Speaking of Nic Cage, I will always watch Gone in 60 Seconds if it's on and I'm bored.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:20 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It sits alongside The Big Lebowski as one of those movies that I watched because people insisted it was just hilarious and when it was done I just kinda shrugged and never gave it another thought.

Yeah, can't say that I understand the fascination with Raising Arizona. Maybe I need to watch it again; I was in my late teens/early 20s when I saw it so perhaps I missed the gist.
Same here. I felt the same way about There's Something About Mary and Dumb and Dumber. I just thought they were lame.

I loved Kingpin, though.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 03:34 PM 02-26-2019
Land of the Lost.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Up