#5 Hawks @ #4 Wizards

WEST:
#8 Blazers @ #1 Warriors
#7 Grizzlies @ #2 Spurs
#6 Thunder @ #3 Rockets
#5 Jazz @ #4 Clippers
[Reply]
mcaj22 11:31 AM 04-21-2017
Steven Adams is a max contract player so uhhh unless you armchair GMs know more than NBA front offices I am pretty sure he is the best big between the two teams

Oladipo is the best guard excluding Harden and Westbrook

If you even say Eric Gordon is better I might laugh you off this forum
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:33 AM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Pretty sad when Adams is supposedly the only player on the thunder that could be better than a bunch of journey man players.

What Harden did this season is worth an MVP. But what Westbrook has done is one for the record books. The guy lost Durant and brought a roster that would finish last in the NBA without him to the playoffs. He did this by averaging a triple double the entire season. The season he has had is insane. Something even the king LeBron has never done.
If Lebron wanted to average a triple double for a season he could easily. That is not to diminish what Westbrook did though.
[Reply]
dls6501 11:47 AM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Steven Adams is a max contract player so uhhh unless you armchair GMs know more than NBA front offices I am pretty sure he is the best big between the two teams

What is sad is you are continuing to use salary as a barometer for how good players are.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:54 AM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by dls6501:
What is sad is you are continuing to use salary as a barometer for how good players are.
I agree with this. We see players get overpaid in every sport. You can't judge how good a player is based on how much money they make.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:56 AM 04-21-2017
If the NBA isn't paying players on how good they are or how good they think they are, what metric are they using to determine salary?
[Reply]
mcaj22 11:57 AM 04-21-2017
whats the point of bird rights then?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:06 PM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If the NBA isn't paying players on how good they are or how good they think they are, what metric are they using to determine salary?
It's the same in every sport. Players get contracts based on how good GMs, HCs, scouts "think" they are. That doesn't mean that they are actually that good. These guys aren't Gods they make mistakes all the time.

If these guys had all the answers do you think Sam Bowie gets picked before Michael Jordan?
[Reply]
Miles 12:07 PM 04-21-2017
Ask the Magic who pay Jeff Green 15m per year.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:08 PM 04-21-2017
Matthew Dellavedova got a $40 million dollar contract. You tell me. :-)
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:08 PM 04-21-2017

Please explain to me why Oladipo is so much better than Gordon???
[Reply]
mcaj22 12:11 PM 04-21-2017
so its Hardens fault his GM gave him Ryan Anderson as his next best player and he won 50 games with it? And because Westbrook has an overpaid bum like Enes Kanter as his next best option that Westbrook is the better player because he couldnt get his scrap lineup to 50 wins but Harden could get the journeymen and injury prone guys he was given to the 3rd seed cause those guys are better?

I actually cant believe this forum shits on Lebron than will say Eric Gordon and Trevor Ariza are the reason Harden looks better than Westbrook
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:15 PM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
If these guys had all the answers do you think Sam Bowie gets picked before Michael Jordan?
No, but we're talking about big contracts. Max deals go to guys who've been in the league. GMs should, at that point, know more about how good of an NBA player a guy is.
[Reply]
dls6501 12:17 PM 04-21-2017
so its Hardens fault his GM gave him Ryan Anderson as his next best player and he won 50 games with it? And because Westbrook has an overpaid bum like Enes Kanter as his next best option that Westbrook is the better player because he couldnt get his scrap lineup to 50 wins but Harden could get the journeymen and injury prone guys he was given to the 3rd seed cause those guys are better?

I actually cant believe this forum shits on Lebron than will say Eric Gordon and Trevor Ariza are the reason Harden looks better than Westbrook
Talk about strawman. Jesus Christ.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:19 PM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Matthew Dellavedova got a $40 million dollar contract. You tell me. :-)
I hated that deal when it happened, but it may not be a horrible deal. He played the third most minutes for the Bucks in the win the other night and had the third highest +/- on his team in that game as well. I think they gave him the $9 million per for 4 years for that experience/leadership.
[Reply]
mcaj22 12:23 PM 04-21-2017
Originally Posted by dls6501:
Talk about strawman. Jesus Christ.
not really the stats back it up, its not that big of a gap as you Westbrook lovers make it seem

Pro Westbrook fans might be worse than Pro Alex Smith fans
[Reply]
Page 14 of 185
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up