ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 204 of 207
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:55 PM 07-04-2023
I've been attempting to explore more regional bourbon/whiskeys

Enjoying a Frey Ranch (Nevada) Farm Strength 124 proof

[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:15 PM 07-05-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I've been attempting to explore more regional bourbon/whiskeys

Enjoying a Frey Ranch (Nevada) Farm Strength 124 proof

It's a good thing?
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:05 PM 07-05-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It's a good thing?
Fantastic

Big enough flavor to carry the proof

We get their straight bourbon whiskey and straight rye distributed locally so I've been able to sample before buying

Single barrels are distillery only but they ship to a bunch of states

They're priced a bit high in the $50-60 range so the cask strength was a bit of a splurge for me
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:13 PM 07-05-2023
My Costco has the Kirkland 1792 1L bottle for $20 so that’s my value purchase
[Reply]
srvy 07:38 AM 09-06-2023
I have been reading a lot about how the bourbon fad is in decline. It may be true as posts here have slowed also. The good news is some bourbon that was impossible to find is now being seen on the shelves in these parts with prices getting back within reason.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:18 AM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
I have been reading a lot about how the bourbon fad is in decline. It may be true as posts here have slowed also. The good news is some bourbon that was impossible to find is now being seen on the shelves in these parts with prices getting back within reason.
That's comical. It's not that way in KC. And because of the speculative nature of bourbon prices, I doubt the cost ever comes back down much.

It's common for something like Eagle Rare to be marked up to $100 or more, and that's if you can even find it on the shelf ever. Hell, Weller Special Reserve (the crap green bottle) is going for probably double MSRP. And again, that's only if you can actually find one.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 09:21 AM 09-06-2023
It's kind of seasonal, too. A helluva lot of 'decent' bourbon gets purchased for gifting @ Christmas time. Bourbon's become trendy, compared to what it was 20 years ago. I keep a few bottles of 'unobtainium' around just for toasting football victories - or even sweet plays. It's really easy to talk me into drinking the good whiskey, given half a chance.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 09:58 AM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
I think a lot of that has to do with RNDC losing the distributorship of the Sazerac line. In Omaha once they lost the business all of a sudden things like Stag and EH Taylor were popping up and then at restaurants that would never have things like Blatons Gold, Blantons SFTB and high end Weller products, were readily available.

The amount of people at the raffles around here continues to climb so in my neck of the woods it is not in decline for sure.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 10:03 AM 09-06-2023
If you haven't done so you should check out the Ben Holladay offerings. Their bottled in bond and Soft Red Wheat are both excellent products for the price point. They are located in Weston, Mo and give a nice tour. If you go make sure to pick up a bottle of the Rickhouse Proof.
[Reply]
phisherman 10:05 AM 09-06-2023
Holladay has been putting out solid stuff definitely.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 01:52 PM 09-30-2023
I picked up a couple of bottles of 80 proof Very Old Barton early this week, on the MO side of the line - hard to find in KS. It may not be the BEST whiskey you'll find on the shelf. Might be the best $10/750 you'll find, so keep an eye out for it. One more tidbit of info - VOB is released @ 80, 86, 90 & 100 proof. I never see the high proof stuff around here these days, but in the old days that 90 & 100 proof VOB sure was good. Another FYI - in the good old days, they kept this stuff 'in the wood' til it was 5 years old or older. Nowdays it's usually 3 years old - but hey...$10 on sale in MO. Pretty hard to beat.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:47 PM 10-20-2023
Scored some Wellers & BT after work. Welllers is now my absolute favorite what a damn good bourbon
[Reply]
trndobrd 08:56 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
It's kind of seasonal, too. A helluva lot of 'decent' bourbon gets purchased for gifting @ Christmas time. Bourbon's become trendy, compared to what it was 20 years ago. I keep a few bottles of 'unobtainium' around just for toasting football victories - or even sweet plays. It's really easy to talk me into drinking the good whiskey, given half a chance.
The Mahomes era has been hard on the top shelf of my liquor cabinet.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:58 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Scored some Wellers & BT after work. Welllers is now my absolute favorite what a damn good bourbon
Be sure we're masking up and remember Bill, Clean Hands Save Lives also big bro reminding you to "Cover your Cough!"
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 06:29 AM 10-21-2023
I don't know if it counts as bourbon but Black Velvet has always been my thing. If I'm ever feeling extra rich I'll treat myself to some Jhack Daginals, but I honestly don't think it tastes any better than BV, and therefore the price feels outrageous to me.
[Reply]
Page 204 of 207
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207 >
Up