ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Media Center>DeNiro, Pacino, Pesci, Scorsese.....The Irishman trailer
Deberg_1990 10:21 PM 07-31-2019
Holy shit. Probably the last hurrah for these guys. Looks great

Scorsese. De Niro. Pacino. Pesci. THE IRISHMAN. Get ready. pic.twitter.com/xYyaOapXXZ

— Netflix Film (@NetflixFilm) July 31, 2019

[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 07:03 PM 11-30-2019
Haven't seen it yet but can anyone tell me how this Sheeran killed Hoffa theory stacks up? There are so many claims with this and MLK that it's hard for me take any seriously.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:16 PM 11-30-2019
It was solid. Dragged quite a bit, but a good watch.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It was solid. Dragged quite a bit, but a good watch.
It is. I don’t understand why people are complaining? What did they expect?

It’s still very well made and the cast is beyond Iconic.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:35 PM 11-30-2019
You would watch Expendables 10, Deberg. Tell it true....
[Reply]
cdcox 11:06 PM 11-30-2019
It's slow. If it had been a theatrical release, there would be an hour of cellulose acetate lying on the floor. It had some good moments. Will watch again to stitch together details.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:15 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Watched it last night on Netflix. Watching Pacino and Deniro act together was great to see. Scorsese and mob movies are always entertaining. But 3.5+ hours? Netflix should have made this a limited series.
You coulda' divided it up. That's what we did. The so wanted to see it. I'm not a big mob movie fan. So I didn't care for it at first, but as it proceeded I did like it. It's based on a true story and this Irishman claims he knocked off Hoffa on his deathbed. However, there are others that say his claim is not true.

I couldn't understand how they could take two old men, DeNiro and Pacino making a movie in old age, being able to do flashbacks where they look much younger. So I looked it up and found out their faces were all digitally altered to look younger. Amazing!
[Reply]
scho63 03:24 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
It's the first truly interactive movie. It's so long the audience ages and dies along with the characters.
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
scho63 03:25 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
How do you make a movie around Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance based on facts when no one knows the facts?

The movie is based on a book told by Sheeran.
Because Sheeran's stories are being debunked. :-)
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 04:34 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
It's slow. If it had been a theatrical release, there would be an hour of cellulose acetate lying on the floor. It had some good moments. Will watch again to stitch together details.
I saw it in a theater. It was boring/disappointing.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:35 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Because Sheeran's stories are being debunked. :-)
Being debunked by people who have 20 different theories about how he died themselves. He was chopped up and put in sausage. No wait he was buried alive under a horse barn. No wait he was dumped in a landfill owned by the mob... etc, etc.

Scorsese himself said it wasnt important to have a historically accurate account of what happened because we'll never know for sure. It's just a compelling story told by an insider and ya it's probably fabricated by someone trying to sell a book but thats the same story as the rest of the guys who probably have some knowledge of what happened. It's the Black Dahlia, Zodiac, Jack the Ripper.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:00 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Seeing 70 year old guys trying to play and sing their greatest hits isn't always so great

Bruce Springsteen did a show last week at the Stone Pony and one of buddys who was there commented on how we are all old and can't outrun Father Time no matter how hard we try.
BTW, Eddie Van Zandt has a cameo in this movie too
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:56 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Being debunked by people who have 20 different theories about how he died themselves. He was chopped up and put in sausage. No wait he was buried alive under a horse barn. No wait he was dumped in a landfill owned by the mob... etc, etc.
Possibly, due to what DeNiro's character claimed in the movie, that only parts of a hit are revealed to each player involved so no one knows the whole truth about it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:31 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
BTW, Eddie Van Zandt has a cameo in this movie too
Stevie?
[Reply]
scho63 12:57 PM 12-01-2019
I just finished watching this and I was impressed. I like the way the story came together.

It was much more about the whole interaction between the mob and the teamsters than a movie of violence.

Al Pacino was probably my least favorite as he has become a caricature of himself as he is over the top and the last 10 roles all seem like he is doing the same thing. He didn't come across as Hoffa in anyway to me. Bad casting on that one role.

I thought Pesci was great and played his part very subdued.

Also a lot of this action took place a lot further in the past than it came across in the movie. It was the early to mid 50's into the late 70s. It felt like mid to late 60's to early 80s.

Overall I give it an 8.5-9 out of 10
[Reply]
jd1020 02:04 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Possibly, due to what DeNiro's character claimed in the movie, that only parts of a hit are revealed to each player involved so no one knows the whole truth about it.
Obviously someone knows the whole truth about it. Just one problem, that person probably ate a couple bullets to the head a few years later.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up