ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
TwistedChief 07:29 PM 12-20-2018
I'll admit that I don't think CP is a place that would normally appreciate a show like this that's based on 1950s/1960s Jews in NYC. But - it's on Amazon Prime and the second season was just released, and it's the most brilliantly written show I've ever encountered wherever you come from. Smart, funny, EVERYTHING. Incredible casting.

My top five all time that this is trying to break into (as perspective):

Seinfeld
The Wire
Game of Thrones
Black Mirror

If this gets one of you gentiles to consider watching, I'll say it's a success.
[Reply]
007 12:28 PM 12-07-2019
Season 3 is available now.

https://twitter.com/PrimeVideo/statu...475333120?s=19
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:42 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by 007:

God damnit . . . . GODDAMNIT! God, . . . . I'm fine . . . .
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:48 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by 007:

Awesome.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:30 PM 12-13-2019
His dick was so big, even when he cheated on me, . . . his dick was a bigger dick.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:51 AM 12-18-2019
Loved season 3, but it was interesting how much musical performance was in it. Not just a quick shot of Shy Baldwin on stage, but whole numbers that he does. It almost feels like the writers were like..."Hey, we don't have to keep writing awesome witty dialog, we can just have a bunch of performance stuff to fill in with..."

Having said that, the performances I'm talking about are really well done and authentic. I read that they created a couple of original songs for this, and you'd never know it, it's that seemless. I do wish we had more of the other characters (Joel, her parents) but since she's on the road, it makes sense that it's more about her. But there was enough of the other stuff to keep me happy, I still give this show top ratings.

The end of this season...oi...I can't wait to see what they do now...
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:22 AM 12-18-2019
Season 3 killed it. I can't think of any specific part they didn't do well. Like ICH said, the musical numbers were really good. Normally that kind of stuff takes me out of it. Luke Cage was the only other time those long musical productions actually worked in the movie off the top of my head. Maybe the one in the 5th Element. But they were really good. Coupled with the filmography.

Brosnan just did an extraordinary job. Just straight slayed it. The comedy was funny and endearing. Actually her introductions of Shy were really good. Like the musical numbers, her introductions just put me in it. It's a small thing, but if they muffed some of those I really don't know where the rest of the show would land.

The interpersonal stuff was as good as any of the seasons. It was all extraordinarily nuanced without beating you over head with any of it. The stuff with her and Bruce was amazing, the rollercoaster with Suzie and Sophie, her and her parents, her and Joel. The bit with Abe and his buddy in Florida hit pretty well. The whole bit was really really good. On that note the writing was TIGHT. It takes a hell of a lot of things to go right to pull of dialogue like that.

I really hope Amazon makes a fucking mountain of money off of it. This was as good of a production as can be reasonably expected. The showrunners and cast deserve a hit here, because this show is really fucking good.
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:01 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I do wish we had more of the other characters (Joel, her parents)...
Really? I can see more of Joel being intriguing... but some of the scenes involving the parents are just cringe-worthy.

LESS parents imo.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:58 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Really? I can see more of Joel being intriguing... but some of the scenes involving the parents are just cringe-worthy.

LESS parents imo.
This season I suppose. I didn't like what they did with her parents, but I love their interaction and characters. The bit about the commies was quite laborious, I'll grant you that.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:45 PM 12-26-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Season 3 killed it. I can't think of any specific part they didn't do well. Like ICH said, the musical numbers were really good. Normally that kind of stuff takes me out of it. Luke Cage was the only other time those long musical productions actually worked in the movie off the top of my head. Maybe the one in the 5th Element. But they were really good. Coupled with the filmography.

Brosnan just did an extraordinary job. Just straight slayed it. The comedy was funny and endearing. Actually her introductions of Shy were really good. Like the musical numbers, her introductions just put me in it. It's a small thing, but if they muffed some of those I really don't know where the rest of the show would land.

The interpersonal stuff was as good as any of the seasons. It was all extraordinarily nuanced without beating you over head with any of it. The stuff with her and Bruce was amazing, the rollercoaster with Suzie and Sophie, her and her parents, her and Joel. The bit with Abe and his buddy in Florida hit pretty well. The whole bit was really really good. On that note the writing was TIGHT. It takes a hell of a lot of things to go right to pull of dialogue like that.

I really hope Amazon makes a fucking mountain of money off of it. This was as good of a production as can be reasonably expected. The showrunners and cast deserve a hit here, because this show is really fucking good.
Nailed it. Just finished the new episodes and I feel the same way. I’m so impressed with the consistency between seasons. The writing alone blows my mind.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:57 PM 12-26-2019
Great season, my only complaint was that I knew she would out Shy as soon as we saw her find out that he was gay.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:31 PM 12-26-2019
Season 3 was better than Season 2 IMO and Season 2 was good. That's a good sign.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:32 PM 02-19-2022
It's baaaaaack.

Two episodes at a time.

The ferris wheel scene from episode one is great.

Show is brilliant.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:48 AM 02-20-2022
Niiiiiiice. Thanks for the heads up. I love this show.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:31 AM 02-20-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's baaaaaack.

Two episodes at a time.

The ferris wheel scene from episode one is great.

Show is brilliant.
Classic scene.:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:34 AM 02-20-2022
them titties are still magnificent
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up