ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018-19 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:47 PM 04-16-2018
After a surprising, disappointing, exciting, and depressing 2017-18 that both began and ended in typical Mizzou fashion, the Tigers begin the offseason with several holes in the roster and one major recruiting target remaining.

Losses from 2017-18:
Michael Porter Jr, SF
Jordan Barnett, SF
Kassius Robertson, SG

Returning Starters:
Jontay Porter, SF/PF
Kevin Puryear, PF
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C

Returning Role Player:
Reed Nikko

Injured Role Players:
Cullen Van Leer
Mitchell Smith

Returning Suicide Vest:
Jordan Geist

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Dartgod 08:07 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I think it’s a Porter thing
Porter things are a subset of Mizzou things.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:08 PM 03-23-2019
How many is that for the siblings? 8, 9?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:32 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Jesus Christ. Jontay tore his ACL again.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-missing-18-19

Vegan diet.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:59 PM 03-23-2019
God damn 5 acl tears?!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:08 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Vegan diet.
There are other competitive athletes that are vegan and don't have this level of trouble. It's likely that genetics and diet are both contributors with the major cause being Mizzou
[Reply]
BWillie 10:06 PM 03-23-2019
Think he'll come back to Missouri? He's going to fall like a rock in the NBA draft, not only because of injury history - but because he can't play next year.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:12 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Think he'll come back to Missouri? He's going to fall like a rock in the NBA draft, not only because of injury history - but because he can't play next year.
Not according to some guys he won't.

Text from a league source on if Jontay Porter's latest ACL tear would drop him out of the first round of the NBA Draft:

"Amazingly, not certain it will."

— TOM MARTIN (@TomKCTV5) March 23, 2019

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:58 PM 03-26-2019

Arkansas has parted ways with head coach Mike Anderson, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Kelvin Sampson has been the name linked to this job for months. Ties to the athletic director.

— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) March 26, 2019

[Reply]
Jerm 04:59 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Oh darn....poor Suitcase.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:59 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Oh darn....poor Suitcase.
Hes such a piece of shit
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:52 AM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Hell at this point, I'd think the Arkansas job would be a step down from Houston. I mean it's the SEC, but Sampson has built up the Houston program into a pretty formidable team. Houston is a big market he can pull talent from. Arkansas hasn't been shit for almost 3 decades. Hell what if they beat UK on Fri?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:55 AM 03-27-2019
When the hell is MU gonna make the tournament again?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:28 AM 03-27-2019
I wonder if Mike Anderson ever stops and ponders what he could have done at Mizzou in 2011-12 with this lineup:

Ratliffe
Otto Porter
Kim English
Denmon
Phil Pressey

And a bench of:
Mike Dixon
Matt Pressey
Steve Moore

I’ve thought about it. With Anderson, I’m not sure that team improves offensively like it did... but would the injection of a do-it-all freshman perfect for that style of play have made it a moot point? How much of the offensive uptick in 11-12 was just Pressey developing?

All in the past, anyway. Arkansas will probably throw enough money at this to upgrade from Anderson.

Next year is big for Cuonzo Martin. It’s Year 3. It’s firmly his program, with the holdovers mostly cast off.

They need to be a tournament team, minimum.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:57 AM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I wonder if Mike Anderson ever stops and ponders what he could have done at Mizzou in 2011-12 with this lineup:

Ratliffe
Otto Porter
Kim English
Denmon
Phil Pressey

And a bench of:
Mike Dixon
Matt Pressey
Steve Moore

I’ve thought about it. With Anderson, I’m not sure that team improves offensively like it did... but would the injection of a do-it-all freshman perfect for that style of play have made it a moot point? How much of the offensive uptick in 11-12 was just Pressey developing?

All in the past, anyway. Arkansas will probably throw enough money at this to upgrade from Anderson.

Next year is big for Cuonzo Martin. It’s Year 3. It’s firmly his program, with the holdovers mostly cast off.

They need to be a tournament team, minimum.
Well, he appears to be plum out of Porters to be injured, so that helps.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:02 AM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Hell at this point, I'd think the Arkansas job would be a step down from Houston. I mean it's the SEC, but Sampson has built up the Houston program into a pretty formidable team. Houston is a big market he can pull talent from. Arkansas hasn't been shit for almost 3 decades. Hell what if they beat UK on Fri?
I'd say Arky is probably a step up right now. More TV dollars flowing around the program and it seems the current upper level era WM exec's are more willing to pour money into the program. Will alao be easy to grab the spotlight since the fb program is shit.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up