ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Netflix: Lost in Space
stumppy 03:37 PM 04-13-2018
Didn't see a thread about it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80104198

Dropped today, I'm going to have to give it a go. Robot looks cool as hell.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:11 AM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It required the magic of a child’s eye, that’s for sure.
That's for sure.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:16 AM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just finished the second episode. It's okay. Certainly better than the source material.

Yep. The Wife and I just finished watching it. (Last episode last night). I remember watching the original when I was a teenager - it sucked snot.

This one, for all intents and purposes, looks 1,000 times better than the original. Netflix seems to have spent a boatload making it and I can see it running for 4-5 seasons easily.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:43 PM 04-16-2018
Finished it. Episode 9 and about half of episode 10...incredibly hokey. Almost as hokey as the original show. I enjoyed the show well enough though. I'd probably watch another season.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:10 PM 04-16-2018
Netflix generally kills it on a lot of their original programming. I am not sure how they stay profitable sans commercials because some of their shows cost a fortune. I would love them to acquire Stargate property.

Past properties I would like to see Netflix run.
Stargate, either restart the franchise or have the old cast fuck up in the first episode and restart the timeline.
Babylon 5, updated cgi relaunch then sequel series.
Thundarr the barbarian anime.
Firefly, but with Kaylee and Jane as cocaptains with a new crew. The rest can do cameos.
Goonies 2, with the kids now being parents.
Vampire masquerade/the kindred.
Critters, relaunch.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:14 PM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Netflix generally kills it on a lot of their original programming. I am not sure how they stay profitable sans commercials because some of their shows cost a fortune. I would love them to acquire Stargate property.

Stargate, either restart the franchise or have the old cast fuck up in the first episode and restart the timeline.
Firefly, but with Kaylee and Jane as cocaptains with a new crew. The rest can do cameos.
Critters, relaunch.

Those would kick ass. I can't let go of the Firefly dream either.:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:42 PM 04-16-2018
Netflix earnings report came out today. Up almost $20 after hours
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:08 PM 04-16-2018

Critters, relaunch.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:11 PM 04-16-2018
Finished it last night. I enjoyed it. Yes there are things that could be better but that is the case with most things. I would imagine there will be improvements in the next season with as much viewership as this season has gotten.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:45 PM 04-16-2018
125 million x $10.99/mo x 12 mo = 16.48 billion/year

That’s a ton of acquisitions and original programming.

Hollywood basically cut their own throats to get that SVOD check. Now they’re competing with the monster they made.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:50 PM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
I hope it is good but it looks like a step back.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:51 PM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
125 million x $10.99/mo x 12 mo = 16.48 billion/year

That’s a ton of acquisitions and original programming.

Hollywood basically cut their own throats to get that SVOD check. Now they’re competing with the monster they made.
Didn't know it had that big of a user base. Okay then.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:39 AM 04-17-2018
Finished it last night. I'm torn between what it is and what it could be. I'm sure I'll check out the second season, if there is one. But they'll have to step it up a notch if I'm going to make it past episode 2.1.

6.5/10
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:57 AM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Finished it last night. I'm torn between what it is and what it could be. I'm sure I'll check out the second season, if there is one. But they'll have to step it up a notch if I'm going to make it past episode 2.1.

6.5/10

Apparently there will be a season 2:

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/los...ws-1201952695/
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:29 AM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:

6.5/10
This is where I am at with the series....I almost turned it off after episode 3 but talked myself into watching the rest of the season to give it a fair chance.

Hopefully the writers will get a better imagination...
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:46 PM 10-05-2019

[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up