ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>can we please stop talking about time of possession? Please?
Buehler445 04:10 PM 10-13-2019
Everyone is talking about time of possession. That is mind bogglingly stupid. Winning is about offensive and defensive efficiency. Scores and stops. It has nothing at all to do with time. If Mahomes scores in one play every possession that’s really efficient but won’t take up any time. Moreover if we take a 12 minute drive and fumble at the 2, that isn’t going to win any games but by god we’ll win the time of possession.

Fucking pussies like Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards talk about time of possession. Winners talk about scores and stops.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:45 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
In the past two weeks KC has called 82 passes and 19 rushes. 80% passing in games that have been within 1 score pretty much the entire time. Think about how stupid that is.

Anyone think MAYBE that's impacting time of possession? Also causing Mahomes to take more hits and throw more incompletions. It's all connected folks!

Get your shit together Andy. I don't care where you put it. Pack it in a bag. Put it in your hotel. Just get all of your shit in one place... together. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!
Makes me think of what Kelce said before the season. “We’re gonna pass the ball and when you think we’re gonna run it we’re gonna pass it again”

Andy Reid doesn’t understand situational football. All he cares about is dialing up cute passing plays. We’re throwing 80% of the time with a GIMPY MAHOMES AND OFFENSIVE LINE. HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU ANDY ??!!!!!!!?? Like what the fuck man, I just don’t get it.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:46 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's nuanced. Obviously you don't it to be completely lopsided, but acting like TOP is some magical stat is pretty silly.

Fun fact: the Chiefs were #26 in the league in TOP last year. There's right where we are this year (though that may not include today).
Exactly. TOP is IRRELEVANT if you're scoring fast.

IT's very relevant when the disparity is powered by lots of incomplete passes, 3 and outs, and a acompletely inept run defense.

Which is because it's a symptom. It's not a problem you address directly. It's a lot of other problems that are creating it.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:47 PM 10-13-2019
You rode a tractor for hours thinking about posting a thread on CP and this is what you come up with OP?!?!?!

Get the fuck back out there and try again!!!!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:47 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Defense, both run and pass, but most notably run D. AND lack of an offensive running game. TOP equates to physicality in football.

Those things are HIGHLY correlated to losing in FB.

If you want to win, you need to at least straighten one of those things out (D or running the ball).

It's not rocket science. We're 6-5 in our last 11. Look at the TOP and lack of run game during that span. I'll guarantee you it doesn't look pretty.

The bottom line is that we're not physical and will keep losing to playoff caliber teams (just like most of last year).
Correlation not causation.

Pussies talk about shit that doesn’t lead to wins.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:48 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
I said it in another thread... the TOP in itself doesn't guarantee a win but it's definitely a sign. It's fairly obvious at this point that other teams want to dominate that statistic simply because it limits the number of drives in a game. It's no different than playing a slow down half court game in basketball against a high flying offense.

If you're going up against the best QB in the world you'd rather him have the ball as little as possible. It's not really rocket science. Mahomes and the offense only had 3 drives in the 2nd half of the game today. If I'm playing Mahomes that's exactly what I want.
Sure, but it really has more to do with success percentages on drives than TOP. If Mahomes throws an 80-yard TD on two of those drives instead of going 3 and out, we still win the game.

The only reason that TOP matters to me is that the defense gets gassed if it gets too out of whack.
[Reply]
-King- 04:50 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m not drunk. I’ve been on the tractor.

And he won TOP on a lot of those games where he ran LJ into the dirt. And we lost a lot of them because we couldn’t score. But by god we went on long drives.
The chiefs highest rank in TOP was 15th in the league and they barely won TOP that season at 30:01 per game
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:51 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You rode a tractor for hours thinking about posting a thread on CP and this is what you come up with OP?!?!?!

Get the fuck back out there and try again!!!!!
Eh not sure why I’m choosing this particular hill to die on but I listened to Reid’s presser and he said TOP is on him and I just lost my fucking head.

I understand there’s a big difference between what he says and what he means but I’m just sick of the TOP talk. It’s about scores and stops. We’re not doing either one well.

And if nothing else hopefully some mental midgets in here can lean about correlation and causation. Maybe I can cause some real thinking which will
Lead to introspection and can change lives. I’m changing lives here dude. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 04:52 PM 10-13-2019
Eh not sure why I’m choosing this particular hill to die on but I listened to Reid’s presser and he said TOP is on him and I just lost my fucking head.

I understand there’s a big difference between what he says and what he means but I’m just sick of the TOP talk. It’s about scores and stops. We’re not doing either one well.

And if nothing else hopefully some mental midgets in here can lean about correlation and causation. Maybe I can cause some real thinking which will
Lead to introspection and can change lives. I’m changing lives here dude. :-)
I hope he means more run plays for Shady when talking about TOP.

I am so confused on our limited use of him in the running game. 5.5 YPC but only getting about 9 attempts a game.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:53 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
The chiefs highest rank in TOP was 15th in the league and they barely won TOP that season at 30:01 per game
I could be wrong. And I’m not looking it up. I just remember games where he’d eat up 8 minute drives running LJ and not score. And losing. And it sucked.

Fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:54 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I hope he means more run plays for Shady when talking about TOP.

I am so confused on our limited use of him in the running game. 5.5 YPC but only getting about 9 attempts a game.
Don’t be confused. Understand Reid is a toolbox.
[Reply]
tk13 04:57 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Sure, but it really has more to do with success percentages on drives than TOP. If Mahomes throws an 80-yard TD on two of those drives instead of going 3 and out, we still win the game.

The only reason that TOP matters to me is that the defense gets gassed if it gets too out of whack.
Of course there is truth to that, we could hit on all three drives and we win the game, but that requires absolute perfection on offense.

I really don't think it's some kind of prehistoric Herm Edwards philosophy. I think it makes perfect analytical sense to try and limit the number of times Mahomes can beat you with an 80 yard pass, because every second he's on the field it's a threat. It's not going to work every time, but holding him to 3 drives in a half increases your odds of doing what happened today, you stop him on 2 of 3 drives and you win the game.

If you hold a 3 point shooting contest against Steph Curry, you have a better shot if you're only both shooting 3 shots because of the small sample size and randomness. If it's a contest where you both have to shoot 15 three pointers, his extreme advantage in talent is going to be far more obvious.
[Reply]
iDeaL 04:57 PM 10-13-2019
TOP might not matter, but what does matter are the reasons why TOP is lopsided. And right now, those reasons are kicking the team's ass.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:57 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Well, he's right in that Herm WAS obsessed with TOP and he played his offense with that goal in mind moreso than outscoring the opponents.

Herm wanted EVERY drive to be a 15 play 80 yard drive.

A lot of things go wrong in a 15 play drive. Drive killing Penalties and turnovers are more likely the more plays you run. Which is why big plays have a bigger causal effect on winning than TOP. KC had bad TOP last year, but they kept winning because BIG PLAYS!

Herm's offense was all running and 3 yard passes because he didn't WANT to score 'too fast'. Which resulted in a lot of stalled 6 and 7 play drives.

There's a balance between trying to throw deep every play and never throwing deep. I"m sure we can find it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:02 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Of course there is truth to that, we could hit on all three drives and we win the game, but that requires absolute perfection on offense.

I really don't think it's some kind of prehistoric Herm Edwards philosophy. I think it makes perfect analytical sense to try and limit the number of times Mahomes can beat you with an 80 yard pass, because every second he's on the field it's a threat. It's not going to work every time, but holding him to 3 drives in a half increases your odds of doing what happened today, you stop him on 2 of 3 drives and you win the game.
Not me. If you can score a touchdown, score the goddamned touchdown. Giving up 80 yard plays in Lieu of scoring too fast will just get you a punt. In the NFL you score a touchdown every time they give you one.

And let’s be real here. Most of it is defense.

But again, while there might be correlation to winning, it’s certainly not causation so it is truly irrelevant to talk about it.

Originally Posted by iDeaL:
TOP might not matter, but what does matter are the reasons why TOP is lopsided. And right now, those reasons are kicking the team's ass.
Absolutely right. So we should stop talking about TOP and start talking about what is preventing score and stops.
[Reply]
-King- 05:03 PM 10-13-2019
I could be wrong. And I’m not looking it up. I just remember games where he’d eat up 8 minute drives running LJ and not score. And losing. And it sucked.

Fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards.
Yeah you're wrong. Under herm we finished 18, 15, and 28th in TOP
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up