ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>can we please stop talking about time of possession? Please?
Buehler445 04:10 PM 10-13-2019
Everyone is talking about time of possession. That is mind bogglingly stupid. Winning is about offensive and defensive efficiency. Scores and stops. It has nothing at all to do with time. If Mahomes scores in one play every possession that’s really efficient but won’t take up any time. Moreover if we take a 12 minute drive and fumble at the 2, that isn’t going to win any games but by god we’ll win the time of possession.

Fucking pussies like Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards talk about time of possession. Winners talk about scores and stops.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:16 PM 10-13-2019
He does have a point though, to an extent.

I would imagine that a lot of the people bitching about the Chiefs losing time of possession now were defending the Chiefs offense that won time of possession in the 2nd half of the Colts playoff game while simultaneously blowing one of the biggest leads in history.

I wouldn't care about time of possession if the offense fucking did something at the end of these last 2 games but they couldn't be bothered to get even 1 first down.
[Reply]
TEX 04:17 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Everyone is talking about time of possession. That is mind bogglingly stupid. Winning is about offensive and defensive efficiency. Scores and stops. It has nothing at all to do with time. If Mahomes scores in one play every possession that’s really efficient but won’t take up any time. Moreover if we take a 12 minute drive and fumble at the 2, that isn’t going to win any games but by god we’ll win the time of possession.

****ing pussies like Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards talk about time of possession. Winners talk about scores and stops.
No. You're just stupid if you dont think T.O.P. matters. Quit being a dooe whike trying to push some foolish hot take.
[Reply]
-King- 04:17 PM 10-13-2019
Is this a serious thread?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:18 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's not wrong though. TOP is a SYMPTOM of the problem, not the problem itself.

The problem is an inefficient pass happy offense and no run defense.

One of those problems is easily fixable.

I can't make Spags a good DC.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:19 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Well, when we win, maybe we'll be able to talk about scores and stops. Until then, it's time of possession.
No. We lost because we couldn’t score efficiently enough to overcome our fuck of a defense that was horribly inefficient.

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
In sick of people saying dumb shit like... We only gave up 19 points to the Colts. The sad thing is if not for the slow drives our defense would be giving up even more points. The best defense against our offense is to keep them off the field. And we're failing miserably.
Still about efficiency not time. If they were getting stops we win. They didn’t. We didn’t.

Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
when you are that behind in TOP your defense is gassed, TOP is one of the most important stats in the game, they are gassing your D and keeping your most important asset off the field.
Effects not causes.

Pussies talk about shit that doesn’t matter like time of possession.

A lopsided TOP can possibly mean you can’t get stops. But in our case why not say it? We can’t stop anybody.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:20 PM 10-13-2019
It shows we don't have a run game, which we do need to win games.

I am not sure why Shady isn't getting more running plays?
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:21 PM 10-13-2019
TOP does matter to a degree. Obviously if a team only possesses the ball for 5 minutes for an entire game (just using an extreme example) they probably aren't going to win any games. Just as possessing the ball for 55 minutes probably means that team won the game.

Based on what we're seeing, I'd guess that the minimum TOP for the Chiefs has to be somewhere areound 27 minutes at a minimum.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:21 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Because Andy's head is firmly placed up his own ass.
[Reply]
Iconic 04:21 PM 10-13-2019
top matters but imo a much better marker is # of possessions

10 possessions vs 10 possessions. texans simply handled their possessions better. we didn't. they won.

sure our run d is ass but we all knew that. the o is the strength and it's not exactly showing up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:23 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by jspchief:
So you use the most extreme outlier examples to argue against some of the most conventional football wisdom out there?

That's a no from me, dawg.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Going back to back three-and-out on offense with the game in the balance doesn’t help TOP either.
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
In the past two weeks KC has called 82 passes and 19 rushes. 80% passing in games that have been within 1 score pretty much the entire time. Think about how stupid that is.

Anyone thing MAYBE that's impacting time of possession? Also causing Mahomes to take more hits and throw more incompletions. It's all connected folks!

Get your shit together Andy. I don't care where you put it. Pack it in a bag. Put it in your hotel. Just get all of your shit in one place... together. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!
Still shit that pussies talk about when they’re either too dumb or too weak to talk about what is actually happening.

TOP doesn’t win games. Scores and stops do. And yeah. Our defense is shit and we can’t run the fucking ball because we’re a bunch of soft bitches. That’s the reality. Time of Posession doesn’t drive either one of those things.

Originally Posted by -King-:
Yes.
[Reply]
-King- 04:26 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
He's not wrong though. TOP is a SYMPTOM of the problem, not the problem itself.

The problem is an inefficient pass happy offense and no run defense.

One of those problems is easily fixable.
It's apart of the problem. A very big part. It forces us to need a touchdown almost every drive because possessions are rarer.

Of course at the end of the day, points are all that matters but the difference in TOP limits how many points we can score and adds to the chances they have to score. The longer a team has the ball,the more likely it is they'll score and the less time we have to answer.
[Reply]
-King- 04:27 PM 10-13-2019
Still shit that pussies talk about when they’re either too dumb or too weak to talk about what is actually happening.

TOP doesn’t win games. Scores and stops do. And yeah. Our defense is shit and we can’t run the fucking ball because we’re a bunch of soft bitches. That’s the reality. Time of Posession doesn’t drive either one of those things.

Yes.
The longer a team has the ball the more likely they are to score. The less a team has the ball, the less chances they have to score.

It's a pretty simple concept.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:27 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Because we are coached by flaming morons.

And I’d disagree we need a running game necessarily, we just need to score more efficiently with the pass. But it’s easier to build a run game than improve our already good pass game. So that’s where I’d go.

Originally Posted by Megatron96:
TOP does matter to a degree. Obviously if a team only possesses the ball for 5 minutes for an entire game (just using an extreme example) they probably aren't going to win any games. Just as possessing the ball for 55 minutes probably means that team won the game.

Based on what we're seeing, I'd guess that the minimum TOP for the Chiefs has to be somewhere areound 27 minutes at a minimum.
You’re wrong. A team that returns every kickoff or punt for a TD is winning.

We need fucking stops and scores. The TOP issue is an effect not a cause.

While there might be correlation to winning, there is not causation.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:28 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Going back to back three-and-out on offense with the game in the balance doesn’t help TOP either.
Especially when your offense gets ONE possession series in the 4th quarter.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 04:29 PM 10-13-2019
Would you rather they scored in one ****ing play?
Yes I would absolutely prefer they score in one play if they’re going to score. The quicker they score, the quicker our offense gets back on the field.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up