ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020. What do we need?
HonestChieffan 03:48 PM 10-13-2019
Decent team that can win against weak teams but the last two weeks show this outfit is exposed. Where do they start?
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:49 PM 10-13-2019
Hitchens is not okay.

None of the LBs are above average. But this is a problem that most knew before the season started. Hell, the defense might look a lot different IF we had even just a couple above average LBs, particularly a solid run-stuffing middle linebacker.
[Reply]
Flying High D 04:49 PM 10-13-2019
This defense kicked ass til the games started. I listened to what they were saying. They were saying they were kicking ass. Then the games started. I bet if the games never started they would still be kicking ass. Damn mule dick lickers.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:53 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We need to beef up the OL and draft some ****ing athletes at every level of the defense.

Everyone on our defense is either garbage, a role player in a starter's role, disinterested, or a shit athlete. The CBs can't cover without holding/interfering, the safeties are often beaten deep/don't do shit in run support, the LBs are weak, slow and ****ing dumb, and the DL can't disengage a blocker to save their shitty ****ing careers.

Even Chris Jones, far and away our best defender, leaves a lot to be desired in run support/gap control.

When Daniel Sorenson appears to be one of your better defenders, you know you've got problems. And that's actually how I know this defense is truly worse this year than last. Last season Sorenson stuck out like a sore thumb as one of our worst. This year, I'm actually sort of pleased to see him out there around the ball because I trust him to make the play more than anyone else.
I think that’s an overreaction. This is really the first game in which an offense truly had their way with our D so far. The others have at least been slowed a bit. Houston blew up for 50+ last week, after making some tweaks. There’s a chance that they’re just a really good offense now.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:58 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I think that’s an overreaction. This is really the first game in which an offense truly had their way with our D so far. The others have at least been slowed a bit. Houston blew up for 50+ last week, after making some tweaks. There’s a chance that they’re just a really good offense now.
We're likely to see other really good offenses as the season, and the postseason in particular, progresses.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:59 PM 10-13-2019

55 don’t fit with spags scheme

— shaun smith (@autumnsjs90) October 13, 2019

[Reply]
iDeaL 05:00 PM 10-13-2019
Bring Eric Berry in for a look?
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:01 PM 10-13-2019
An order of everything, with an emphasis on OL/DL and LB’s
[Reply]
Aspengc8 05:02 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hitchens is not okay.

None of the LBs are above average. But this is a problem that most knew before the season started. Hell, the defense might look a lot different IF we had even just a couple above average LBs, particularly a solid run-stuffing middle linebacker.
any linebackers that attack downhill would help the run d out tremendously at this point.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:06 PM 10-13-2019
Watkins and Hitchens cuts would save $15 million. (Hitch after June 1).

I'd seriously consider a tag and trade for Jones. He's going to want Aaron Donald money, but he's half the player. Almost as good a pass rusher, not nearly as good a run defender.

We're stuck with Clark until June 1, 2021.

Ward and Fenton are the ONLY CORNERS UNDER CONTRACT in 2020.

Jesus.

Facepalm.

We need DT's. We need LB'ers. We need CB's. We desperately need OL help.

Veach has really fucked this up.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:07 PM 10-13-2019
The best possible middle linebacker. Who's also a badass, to light a fire under our passive, submissive defense. A true dawg. With intelligence.

Then a bunch of offensive linemen. Mahomes has proven without a doubt that he can turn any JAG into a good receiver. Keeping him healthy should be this franchise's #1 priority for the next 15 years.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:10 PM 10-13-2019
Start Ragland next game
[Reply]
stumppy 05:11 PM 10-13-2019
LB's and fatties.
[Reply]
44yearsandcounting 05:19 PM 10-13-2019
Anyone still want to give up a 1st a 3rd and a player for Ramsey? Didn’t think so.
Problem is, do you trust the scouts, GM, and Reid to identify talent on the D side?
[Reply]
Valiant 05:21 PM 10-13-2019
It is not just draft. Andy has to give up playcalling. All defensive coaches need let go. Online coach needs let go.

We never run stunts. Every 3 or 4 man rush is straight ahead. We do not disguise packages. Our dline can't get pressure which makes the bad secondary worse. We are so bad right now we don't know if any may have talent.
Starts with coaching. We need to tackle like pros. We whiff, bad angles, go for wrong parts. Then secondary and linebackers watch the ball in the air go to wrong then make a move to tackle. We also tackle and add yac.

Our lines suck week in week out because they are both soft. They are not NFL starting caliber. Hence why they get smashed each week. This offseasons needs minimum 2 starters on online. Dline may be saved a competent coach.

Andy needs a mcvay type offensive coordinator or give pat authority to call plays.
Again if I am guessing our play they are as also doing it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:28 PM 10-13-2019
Maybe I'm not seeing it right, but I don't think the DBs are that bad. They're aren't elite or even top ten, but they are better than last year's group.

Also, anyone else remember just how much contact/grabbing/pushing/etc. they let go in the playoffs last year in the secondary? I think maybe we can live with Breeland and Claiborne getting a few flags now if they call things that way in the playoffs. AT least they aren't getting smoked like last year.

IMO, we just need our DTs and middle linebackers to do their jobs, attack their gaps and limit the other team's running attack, and our defense will be good enough to win in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up