ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Borderline Apathetic
dlphg9 03:36 PM 10-13-2019
From the time I was about 10-13 until my mid 20's I was a die-hard Chiefs fan. Losses would bother me for a couple of days and wins were the best things ever. I'm sure it was terrible for my heart.

During the early years of this time frame is when ESPN and Sportscenter were must watch TV, but if the Chiefs lost that week, then there was no way in hell I could endure the heartache. I'd avoid anything that would potentially show highlights of the Chiefs until at least Wednesday. I remember how slow time would go on Sunday's and I would try anything I could to kill time. If they would have a 3pm game, then it felt like torture and prime time games were even worse.

The first playoff game I could remember was the no punt game when I was 13 years old. That was the most painful loss that I had up until that time and I only got to feel that playoff loss pain 2 more times until Reid got to KC. Only 2 playoff appearances in nearly a decade and a plethora of shit ass football. With all of that shit football I sure had a ton of heart break week after week, but even after one of the worst stretches in franchise history I was still a die-hard fan.

It all changed after 1-4-14. For anyone that doesn't know what happened on January 4, 2014, then let me give you a quick history lesson. This is the shittiest playoff loss I have ever witnessed, a choke job of epic proportions, a 28 point lead turned into a 1 point loss. The second largest fuck job in playoff history. That loss pissed me off more than any other loss ive ever seen in sports.

After that I started to care less and less. I haven't been mad over a loss since that day, with one lone exception, the AFCCG. That loss hurt, because we were so close. Mahomes has brought back some of what I lost, but I still dont get upset when we lose. It's losses like today that get me closer and closer to complete apathy when it comes to this team. How the hell am I supposed to get all upset over a game in which billionaires profit from my emotional attachment to a sports team. Hell for the most part the guys playing the game, making millions and going home to their mansions, don't give a shit if they win or lose. I can guarantee they don't stay upset over a loss and some are laughing and smiling after a loss. Why should I let a loss bother me if it doesnt bother the players?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 03:39 PM 10-13-2019
I’ve been passionate for 54 years. The losses ruin my entire week or in some cases the entire offseason.
[Reply]
eDave 03:42 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
I’ve been passionate for 54 years. The losses ruin my entire week or in some cases the entire offseason.
YEA. I DON'T KNOW WHY I DO THIS TO MYSELF. i'M GONNA DROP SOME MOLLY THIS AFTERNOON AND GO TO AN EDM FESTIVAL AND DANCE THIS SHIT OFF.

HEY, IF IT WERE YOU WOULD YOU TRADE A MOLLY FOR SOME SCHROOMS? i GOT TWO MOLLY'S FOR 3 PEOPLE AND A BUNCH OF SCHROOMS. I WANT MY PARTY TO ALL BE ROLLING.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 03:43 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
YEA. I DON'T KNOW WHY I DO THIS TO MYSELF. i'M GONNA DROP SOME MOLLY THIS AFTERNOON AND GO TO AN EDM FESTIVAL AND DANCE THIS SHIT OFF.

HEY, IF IT WERE YOU WOULD YOU TRADE A MOLLY FOR SOME SCHROOMS? i GOT TWO MOLLY'S FOR 3 PEOPLE AND A BUNCH OF SCHROOMS. I WANT MY PARTY TO ALL BE ROLLING.
Go with the shrooms.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:46 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:

Go with the Molly bro. Shrooms have the chance to turn out bad if you're not in the right mindset. Molly, if it's actually MDMA, has a very small chance of going bad.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:46 PM 10-13-2019
With Mahomes It reinvigorated my enthusiasm about the team but with past results SSDD.

I'm becoming indifferent again about the Chiefs chances
[Reply]
eDave 03:47 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Go with the shrooms.
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Go with the Molly bro. Shrooms have the chance to turn out bad if you're not in the right mindset. Molly, if it's actually MDMA, has a very small chance of going bad.
THANKS DUDES. IT'S ALWAYS LEGIT MDMA. WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR? :-)

I'D LIKE TO TRADE THE SCHROOMS FOR ANOTHER MOLLY.
[Reply]
notorious 03:47 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
With Mahomes It reinvigorated my enthusiasm about the team but with past results SSDD.

I'm becoming indifferent again about the Chiefs chances
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:47 PM 10-13-2019
You cared enough to pen a PHD dissertation about how little you care
[Reply]
eDave 03:48 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You cared enough to pen a PHD dissertation about how little you care
IT'S GOOD THERAPY.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:48 PM 10-13-2019
The thing that startled me the most was I wasn't as upset as I usually am....I think I just expect it any more, esp. under this regime.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:50 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
...but you have a 90% chance it is some methaphetamine concoction instead of MDMA.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 03:57 PM 10-13-2019
Still the same old Chiefs. Raise expectations and hopes, then crush them in the most excruciating and humiliating way possible.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:02 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
Still the same old Chiefs. Raise expectations and hopes, then crush them in the most excruciating and humiliating way possible.
I was actually believing for a moment, much like Joe Montana in 93-94.
[Reply]
eDave 04:05 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I was actually believing for a moment, much like Joe Montana in 93-94.
THAT TEAM HAS A BETTER CHANCE THAN THIS ONE.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up