ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Okay, so what's working?
Rain Man 03:14 PM 10-13-2019
We all know what's happening. Kelce's getting mugged on every play, Patrick is hobbled, the offensive line is a mess, special teams are mentally deficient, we have no linebackers, and Frank Clark.

So how do we get back on the right track? We were 4-0 at one point and we can be 4-0 again. Kind of. You know what I mean.

I present to you my plan.

1. Do not ever return a kickoff out of the end zone. Easiest fix ever. Have we returned a kick past the 30 since the new rules were implemented? When we return a kickoff, we inevitably get stopped at the 18 and then move back half the distance on the resulting flag. Simple solution: don't EVER run the ball out of the end zone.

2. Bring Frank Clark in to give Kpass a rest. All Clark ever does is run upfield and then watch the play from the back. Kpass can play football. Let Clark give him a break now and then.

3. More Ogbah, less of ... any other linebacker. Ogbah is clearly our best linebacker. Give him any starting spot you want.

4. More screens than a Florida porch. The deep game is causing a left ankle injury every game for Pat right now, and the running game is barely a crawl. Let Pat go back and throw screens and short slants. When the defense stops rushing pellmell towards him on every play, then you can go back to runs and deep balls. I like deep balls.

5. Line up Kelce wide. So the freaking refs can watch him get tackled on every single play and maybe once in a while they'll call it.

6. Tyreek Hill. He's back. Give him the ball. Jet sweeps to go with #5. But as much as anything, send him deep to pull two guys out of the middle of the field.

7. Send game film to the league about the officiating. Assuming that they're actually trying to call the game well, it's atrocious. It's changing the outcomes of game, and fans don't like watching games where every third play is a penalty.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:51 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The last three games the Chiefs have played opposing defenses with significant injuries in their respective secondaries.

Today Houston played without their top two CB’s for much of the game, with Shit Stain Gaines in one on one man coverage against the Chiefs WR’s and the Chiefs’ offense still could not capitalize.
Here's the deal: a team loses a couple DBs, in today's NFL, is not the end of the world. The Texans had their defensive line intact. Our OL is a mix-and-match shell of itself right now. You can't seriously expect a pair of back-ups to consistently block both JJ Watt and Mercilus. If I had been the Texans, I'd have lined up Watt and Mercilus over our LT and LG every snap.

And even Mahomes is going to have difficulty getting the ball to our WRs when Watt and Mercilus can run by our blockers. He needs more than 1.5 seconds to deliver the ball outside/downfield. When we get Fisher back, and either move Erving back to guard or install Wiz there, Mahomes will start getting time again, and it won't matter much who's covering our WRs.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:59 PM 10-13-2019
Run the ****ing ball more than 10 times per game when you're averaging over 6 YPC in a close game. I'm actually annoyed that NOBODY is calling this out. When he does run it, he does it in a dumbass situation like 2nd and 14 with 3 minutes left. FFS

Not that ****ing hard honestly.

Also, when you have the ball at your own 20 with 30 seconds left don't call a ****ing deep play action from a tight bunch formation. There's at least 3 reasons that's a stupid ****ing idea.

1. There was no threat to run. The Texans know they're either passing or kneeling.

2. In a tight formation like that blitzers are easier to disguise and closer to the QB

3. KC had already lost all of the momentum they had.

Also, your OL can't pass protect for shit. Something that should probably be taken into account.

Andy got outcoached AGAIN. BADLY. I mean goddamn. It's three games in a row now. ADJUST. Geezus.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 04:06 PM 10-13-2019
Madden Curse.

but really....our playcalling has been very questionable lately and the defense is a complete disaster. it doesn’t matter how healthy and unstoppable the offense is when other teams can just run it, dunk and dunk for 14 play 9min long drives twice a game. teams are going for it pretty much it’s less than 4th and 5 on the plus side of the 50.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:14 PM 10-13-2019
Colquitt had a good punt today...
[Reply]
KC_Lee 04:18 PM 10-13-2019
Forget about building a defensive scheme this week, just run tackling drills every day. Too many 3 - 5 yard pass plays turned into 10 - 15 yard gains due to bad tackling. I'm not talking about a guy juking a defensive player. I'm talking about the KC defensive player having his hands and arms on an opponent and not getting them down.

Probably 80 - 90 yards of extra yardage today because of this garbage.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up