ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Okay, so what's working?
Rain Man 03:14 PM 10-13-2019
We all know what's happening. Kelce's getting mugged on every play, Patrick is hobbled, the offensive line is a mess, special teams are mentally deficient, we have no linebackers, and Frank Clark.

So how do we get back on the right track? We were 4-0 at one point and we can be 4-0 again. Kind of. You know what I mean.

I present to you my plan.

1. Do not ever return a kickoff out of the end zone. Easiest fix ever. Have we returned a kick past the 30 since the new rules were implemented? When we return a kickoff, we inevitably get stopped at the 18 and then move back half the distance on the resulting flag. Simple solution: don't EVER run the ball out of the end zone.

2. Bring Frank Clark in to give Kpass a rest. All Clark ever does is run upfield and then watch the play from the back. Kpass can play football. Let Clark give him a break now and then.

3. More Ogbah, less of ... any other linebacker. Ogbah is clearly our best linebacker. Give him any starting spot you want.

4. More screens than a Florida porch. The deep game is causing a left ankle injury every game for Pat right now, and the running game is barely a crawl. Let Pat go back and throw screens and short slants. When the defense stops rushing pellmell towards him on every play, then you can go back to runs and deep balls. I like deep balls.

5. Line up Kelce wide. So the freaking refs can watch him get tackled on every single play and maybe once in a while they'll call it.

6. Tyreek Hill. He's back. Give him the ball. Jet sweeps to go with #5. But as much as anything, send him deep to pull two guys out of the middle of the field.

7. Send game film to the league about the officiating. Assuming that they're actually trying to call the game well, it's atrocious. It's changing the outcomes of game, and fans don't like watching games where every third play is a penalty.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:29 PM 10-13-2019
darwin thompson needs more carries. as whole we need to be running the ball more until mahomes ankle gets better. get him under center, whatever it takes.
[Reply]
bevischief 03:32 PM 10-13-2019
Fans buying Number 15 jerseys.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:33 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
The offense is way more than a hair off. It's Mahomes magic or bust. We'd have been shut out against Indy if it wasn't for his unique talent. The offense line as presently configured is the worst in the league.
I disagree. Injuries have been the biggest culprit. I think that's obvious. Losing Tyreek, then Fisher, then Watkins has just been too much.

Even through it all, the offense is just a hair away from rolling. If not for a shit day from Pat here, horrid day from the OL there, or generally crap play callin, we're fine. We just need to get healthy and put it all together.

It's part of the reason I still have any hope for this season. Outside of the Jax game, in which we were completely healthy (surprise), our offense hasn't really put together a full game. Shit, the team has yet to play to its full potential. There's room and time for growth.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 03:33 PM 10-13-2019
The Chiefs seem to be a better road team under Andy and they are clearly playing for road field advantage in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:35 PM 10-13-2019
Hill played better than I thought he would. Obviously either on a pitch count today or just needed a few breathers, but he looked pretty good overall.

Kelce seems to be back to himself after last week's substandard game (for him).

Mahomes looked good until he tweaked his ankle again, but still looked better after that than all but three or four QBs in the league.

Shady did a good job today when he played. Didn't fumble either . . . no surprise here, but to some . . .

Damien played a little better. Even had a spectacular block in there blowing some Texan clean off his feet.

The play-calling offensively was pretty good in the first half. In the second half, particularly in the last three drives, the Texans knew that we had to pass the ball, and they just pinned their ears back. Tough to evaluate the play-calling at that point; I'll have to re-watch the film and see what it really looked like.

Tyrann had himself a pretty good day.

That's it off the top of my head. Tough to think of positives when I'm still dealing with the let-down of the loss.
[Reply]
FringeNC 03:40 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I disagree. Injuries have been the biggest culprit. I think that's obvious. Losing Tyreek, then Fisher, then Watkins has just been too much.
The point is we're NOT healthy now - not Mahomes, not Fisher, not Watkins. When that happens, we'll be fine, but we're not now. When Mahomes was mobile, he could overcome a lot of the Cam Erving Suck Machine, but not now. Channeling Scott Pioli, I bet there are guys off the street who are better than Cam Erving.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:42 PM 10-13-2019
You know what's really fucking this team over bad? All the penalties against our offense to start the game and the penalties against the D to extend drives. It's fucking up the rhythm of the offense and extending drives.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:43 PM 10-13-2019
Mahomes to Hill still works.
[Reply]
eDave 03:43 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Mahomes to Hill still works.
SINGULARLY DIMENSIONAL.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 03:43 PM 10-13-2019
It is time to face this 1 fact: This team outside Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill are not that good. Time to recalibrate expectations.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 03:44 PM 10-13-2019
The last three games the Chiefs have played opposing defenses with significant injuries in their respective secondaries.

Today Houston played without their top two CB’s for much of the game, with Shit Stain Gaines in one on one man coverage against the Chiefs WR’s and the Chiefs’ offense still could not capitalize.
[Reply]
eDave 03:44 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:
It is time to face this 1 fact: This team outside Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill are not that good. Time to recalibrate expectations.
KELCE IS TAKEN OUT SO HE DOESN'T MATTER MUCH. SMARTEN UP HOMER.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:45 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
The point is we're NOT healthy now - not Mahomes, not Fisher, not Watkins. When that happens, we'll be fine, but we're not now. When Mahomes was mobile, he could overcome a lot of the Cam Erving Suck Machine, but not now. Channeling Scott Pioli, I bet there are guys off the street who are better than Cam Erving.
Right, and even through all of the injuries there are points when this offense looks incredible.

Leads me to believe we're just a smudge off. Tweak something here and there and we're back to a 35 PPG offense.
[Reply]
eDave 03:45 PM 10-13-2019
Right, and even through all of the injuries there are points when this offense looks incredible.

Leads me to believe we're just a smudge off. Tweak something here and there and we're back to a 35 PPG offense.
LOL. YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY BELIEVE THIS.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:48 PM 10-13-2019
Of course I can. The last two weeks Pat has looked fine until an awkward sack left him gimpy and stalls the offense. Happened today and it happened after the insane TD pass he threw last week.

Bottom line: we get even league average play out of this OL and we're back to being the best offense in the league.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up