ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It’s never going to change as long as Andy is here
RunKC 02:13 PM 10-13-2019
The defense will never be good and it was only good when Andy got here bc he inherited Berry, Poe, DJ, Tamba and Houston all in their prime from prior regimes.

Andy runs this team. Nobody else but him. Not Veach, not Spags. Andy hired his friend to run the defense and that’s why they suck.

There’s a reason this team has been really good at finding offensive players and terrible at finding players on defense.

Any of you wanting to keep Andy? Have fun with your regular season wins and don’t forget your grill in the parking lot when Andy chokes again in January.

Same. Bullshit. Four. Years. In. A. Row.

Fire Andy Reid
[Reply]
YontsRBake 04:38 PM 10-13-2019
You guys are ridiculous lmao. We lost a WEEK 6 game. Week fkn 6.

You guys are acting like we just got bounced in the offs, like the defending SB champions didn't get destroyed against the Titans and Lions last year, like the regular season actually matters.

Wait til we see how the playoffs actually play out before posting this kind of sh1t.
[Reply]
iDeaL 04:45 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
You guys are ridiculous lmao. We lost a WEEK 6 game. Week fkn 6.

You guys are acting like we just got bounced in the offs, like the defending SB champions didn't get destroyed against the Titans and Lions last year, like the regular season actually matters.

Wait til we see how the playoffs actually play out before posting this kind of sh1t.
I definitely understand that sentiment. We have the kind of team now with Mahomes that all we really need to do is sneak into the playoffs as a WC and then anything can happen. Many teams have done it, recent examples: 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens.. But what should make any of us think that in a big game situation, the same things that have been our undoing in the regular season wouldn't rear its ugly head again? Idk man, its just hard to see with this team right now.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:48 PM 10-13-2019
Andy Reid is the best coach I've ever seen the Chiefs have in my life. You won't do better.
[Reply]
notorious 04:49 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Andy Reid is the best coach I've ever seen the Chiefs have in my life. You won't do better.
If only he could learn from his mistakes.
[Reply]
eDave 04:49 PM 10-13-2019
Yes. But not good enough.

And sure we can, Homer.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:51 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I would take Chris Ballard and Frank Reich in a heartbeat.

They built a solid team around their franchise QB before he retired/quit.
They went from no O line to best in the league in the span of two seasons.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 04:56 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by iDeaL:
I definitely understand that sentiment. We have the kind of team now with Mahomes that all we really need to do is sneak into the playoffs as a WC and then anything can happen. Many teams have done it, recent examples: 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens.. But what should make any of us think that in a big game situation, the same things that have been our undoing in the regular season wouldn't rear its ugly head again? Idk man, its just hard to see with this team right now.
It's all about January and February to me. It's always been about that. I've watched this team win 10+ games just to get bounced quick in the playoffs at home too many times to care about being incredible in the reg season anywhere beyond just making it.

I think the most important thing for us is we just need to get healthy and regain some confidence offensively going into January. Like the teams you named and several more, it's really all about just getting hot at the right time.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:08 PM 10-13-2019
How long before Mahomes starts thinking/looking beyond the Chiefs? If he survives his rookie contract....
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:10 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
If only he could learn from his mistakes.
He may "learn" from them, but I think it's clear he doesn't fix what he learns.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:13 PM 10-13-2019
It took Doug Pederson 2 seasons to do what Reid has been trying to accomplish since 1999.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:00 PM 10-13-2019
I'm bummed and depressed. Went out to mow after the turnover just before half-time and then went fishing on the DPI review that wasn't.

Whomever is in charge has neglected the basics of the football team. Giving up two draft picks and $20M for a DL was not a good choice.

So, we are eight years into the Andy Reid experiment. This is about the time that the Marty experiment went off the rails.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing while expecting different results.

Was against the Andy/Alex experiment and now our QBOF is getting destroyed because he has no help at all.

Last week, the same speech about fixing the penalties and stopping the run. I facing the fact that as long as Reid is here and has control, this is what we get. Where is the offensive genius? 17 in the first Q and 7 in the next 3 Qs?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:00 PM 10-13-2019
Yes, winning will never change. Glad we cleared that up.

Enjoy the magical postseason run to come.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:11 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes, winning will never change. Glad we cleared that up.

Enjoy the magical postseason run to come.
I wish I still had that youthful optimism. I'm not certain that this team is even going to make it to the postseason. They've lost two games at home, are undisciplined and pathetic on defense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:12 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I'm bummed and depressed. Went out to mow after the turnover just before half-time and then went fishing on the DPI review that wasn't.

Whomever is in charge has neglected the basics of the football team. Giving up two draft picks and $20M for a DL was not a good choice.

So, we are eight years into the Andy Reid experiment. This is about the time that the Marty experiment went off the rails.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing while expecting different results.

Was against the Andy/Alex experiment and now our QBOF is getting destroyed because he has no help at all.

Last week, the same speech about fixing the penalties and stopping the run. I facing the fact that as long as Reid is here and has control, this is what we get. Where is the offensive genius? 17 in the first Q and 7 in the next 3 Qs?
It's not even close to the same thing. We are year 2 into using a once a generation young qb. Reid also isn't even close to the biggest reason we lost the afc championship game. I get flustered with Reid a lot too. But enough crazy talk. That being said... If Chunt has as much power as he does, he had better give spags and veach very very short rope. They have a chance to turn this around but let's be real, they are complete failures so far.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:14 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
It took Doug Pederson 2 seasons to do what Reid has been trying to accomplish since 1999.
With a backup QB
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up