ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Remember last year when we thought the defense couldn't get worse?
treeguy27 02:03 PM 10-13-2019
Here we are...
[Reply]
Iconic 04:29 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I miss Justin Houston
x100

houston >>>> clark any ****ing day of the week even if houston only plays half a season
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:33 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
sometimes we have to take a step backwards before we can take a step forwards
Let's assume you're right and Spags avoids continually putting a bottom 5 defense on the field as he has several times over in his career. By the time the defense is fixed, the offense's window will be closing fast.

Kelce isn't getting any younger (and teams have begun mugging him Gronk style), and the line will need replacements chosen by a top brass who has a questionable history of scouting offensive lineman.

The Chiefs were an offsides penalty away from a super-bowl last year. To go from that to re-building one side of your team while your team has a 3 year window in its current incarnation is, at best, a questionable decision.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:50 PM 10-13-2019
I think the defensive scheme is better - but I'm not sure why everyone blamed Dee Ford and Justin Houston for our bad defense. They did their part last year, but our scheme was so bad our defense overall was still bad.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:52 PM 10-13-2019
I got barbecued for saying that Spags was a shitty D-coordinator based upon his numerous recent failures, but too many people were viewing everything through the Arrowhead filter to look at him objectively. Same thing for the Clark acquisition.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:59 PM 10-13-2019
CBS happened to get some footage of Bob Sutton leaving Arrowhead after today's game.

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:02 PM 10-13-2019
Watching Ford harass Goff is depressing.

We threw away possibly the best pass rusher in the league and now have zero pass rush.
[Reply]
iDeaL 05:02 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by 44yearsandcounting:
What would be refreshingly novel is for CHunt to step in and put his boot in Andy’s ass. No more butt-buddy hires. Make a change in season at D coordinator, O line coach. Before you laugh, make a case for how either of those units are going to improve staying the course? 6 games is enough to identify what’s working or not working. Send a ****ing message.
CHunt doesn't know what he's doing either.. he just sits back and counts the money. So who exactly do you think he would hire?
[Reply]
arrwheader 05:09 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I got barbecued for saying that Spags was a shitty D-coordinator based upon his numerous recent failures, but too many people were viewing everything through the Arrowhead filter to look at him objectively. Same thing for the Clark acquisition.
Meh didn't like the hire either but had to see how it went. Pretty much is what it is. We are losers always will be. Finding a way to be a loser with a generational qb is another level of suck

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:20 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by iDeaL:
CHunt doesn't know what he's doing either.. he just sits back and counts the money. So who exactly do you think he would hire?
I disagree with this. Clark has been way more involved than his Dad and had the stones to fire a GM who witnessed a real human tragedy right in front of his eyes (the second GM he canned - how willing was Lamar to cut bait like that again?). Clark isn't the problem. He's done everything we could ask for from an owner.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:30 PM 10-13-2019
So, here we are, wasting year 2 of Patrick Mahomes because we have no fucking idea how to assemble a D, and have zero OL depth. Our front office is awful.

Sorry, not sorry
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:36 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yep. Andy went out and hired his other buddy who is just as clueless.
This right here! Andy totally fucked this up and you can bet your ass Spags gave a lot of input to Veach on defensive players to bring in!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:44 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Watching Ford harass Goff is depressing.

We threw away possibly the best pass rusher in the league and now have zero pass rush.
No. Not even close. And I liked Ford, but he's always been a one move wonder, and he disappeared against better OLs. And forget playing the run. Or doing anything remotely right in coverage.

Eventually the Chiefs will get their pass rush sorted out, either by getting healthy, or scheme, or changes in personnel. Or a combination of all of the above.

Dee Ford will never be more than a one move wonder.
[Reply]
kcclone 05:46 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
So, here we are, wasting year 2 of Patrick Mahomes because we have no ****ing idea how to assemble a D, and have zero OL depth. Our front office is awful.

Sorry, not sorry

Yep. You have to figure you have approximately 16 seasons of Mahomes (new rules help extend career of QB, could be more, could be less), but if we keep screwing up the D and OL, less is a real possibility.

We're in year 2 (3 technically but he's pretty young and didn't take any hits his first year). This season looks like it's trending ugly, so essentially we're 1/8th of the way through his career with no SB to show for it.

If we don't start drafting better, we're not going to be able to surround him with what he'll need to win it all. He's about to be 10x more expensive than what he is now. That money will have to come from somewhere. Most likely it means you have a more average unit of offensive skill players.

We around 1-2 more years to get this right, or we will be way behind the 8-ball when we're deep into his second contract.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:10 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think the defensive scheme is better - but I'm not sure why everyone blamed Dee Ford and Justin Houston for our bad defense. They did their part last year, but our scheme was so bad our defense overall was still bad.
Really? REALLY!? What the fuck do YOU know about "scheme"? Our defense last year was less predictable than this horseshit by Spaggot. No pressure, no man, no press...it's all soft zones and bullshit. No adjustments.

Watching this mess makes me wish we kept Sutton.
[Reply]
kcclone 06:17 PM 10-13-2019
Last year's D sucked, but we at least occasionally sacked the QB to stop a drive.

Coverage maybe looks a little better, but so far run D is the same or worse and our pass rush is significantly worse.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up