ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The "Watson can be as good as Mahomes" media campaign
UChieffyBugger 10:51 AM 10-11-2019
That's started ahead of Sunday's game is just ridiculous to me. I couldn't see the other Watson/Mahomes thread so I thought I'd share the footage here.

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

It's interesting that folks are down in Pat for his last two games of which he's thrown 636 yards, one TD and no Ints with a game winning drive included in the mix. And that's without mentioning his and the teams injuries. And yet they aren't mentioning Watson's two games against the Jaggs and the Panthers of which he didn't even even throw a TD in either game and threw for less than 161 yards on both occasions!!..they also have seemingly forgotten his dismal performance In the playoffs against the Colts too!!.

I respect Watson and he'll no doubt cause problems on Sunday!!..but the fickle nature of the media is just stunning to me. They did the same thing when we played the Ravens and they hyped up Jackson!!..hopefully Pat will respond the same way.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:25 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
They’re so stupid they’d still probably pass on Pat if give. Another chance. So cursed
For all the browns terrible decisions, this was actually a year that they got a good pick. Myles Garrett is outstanding. They actually made the right call by not drafting Trubisky. Can't blame any team for not seeing mahomes as the #1 draft pick.Where they messed up big time was, how in the world did they sit on that 12 pick with DeShaun Watson on the board and trade down?

That was the idiocy of the browns former GM. More interested in stockpiling picks than swinging for the fences. The browns traded out of picks that could have gotten them Wentz and Watson, and instead ended up with baker Mayfield. It's almost poetic.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:49 PM 10-12-2019
The Browns have made some historically bad decisions at the draft for years now. Especially at QB. But also at several other positions. Josh Gordon, Johnny Manziel, etc.

But Miles Garrett was a great pick. But their offensive line is one of the worst in football. And I don't think they did anything about it in the draft. Or if they did, they chose poorly. Again.

However, the promotion of Kitchens to HC is yet another terrible decision that will cost them in both the short and the long term, unless they replace him next season with a competent HC.
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:07 PM 10-12-2019
I understand the comparisons. Just enjoy the next Manning/Brady rivalry.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:14 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by rico:
Watson’s career ceiling is mediocre at best on a long-term scale and I am not fooling myself.

Mahomes’s career ceiling is best ever.
Mahomes is better than Watson, yes. Doesn’t mean Watson is average, saying that his ceiling is “average” is absolutely ridiculous when he’s already a well above average QB.
[Reply]
-King- 02:25 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Mahomes is better than Watson, yes. Doesn’t mean Watson is average, saying that his ceiling is “average” is absolutely ridiculous when he’s already a well above average QB.
This. He was better than Rodgers and Brady last year and so far this year.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:33 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
This. He was better than Rodgers and Brady last year and so far this year.
I legitimately wonder if some of the posters here actually watch non Chiefs football with some of the declarations they make. Saying Watson is average is some Bayless level spewing, I do not understand how someone could turn on a Texans game and say “hmmm yeah this Watson guy? He’s nothing special”. He has a shit o line and shit coach, there’s only so much he can do. He wrings every drop of potential out of that skeleton of a roster. Take him away and that’s a 6-10 team at BEST.
[Reply]
-King- 03:17 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
I legitimately wonder if some of the posters here actually watch non Chiefs football with some of the declarations they make. Saying Watson is average is some Bayless level spewing, I do not understand how someone could turn on a Texans game and say “hmmm yeah this Watson guy? He’s nothing special”. He has a shit o line and shit coach, there’s only so much he can do. He wrings every drop of potential out of that skeleton of a roster. Take him away and that’s a 6-10 team at BEST.

We saw when that happened his rookie year. He went 3-3 his first 3 games and when he got injured the Texans won 1 more game the rest of the year.

I think some people here think admitting how good he is somehow diminishes how special Mahomes is when really it's the opposite.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:24 PM 10-12-2019
We saw when that happened his rookie year. He went 3-3 his first 3 games and when he got injured the Texans won 1 more game the rest of the year.

I think some people here think admitting how good he is somehow diminishes how special Mahomes is when really it's the opposite.
It’s all Deberg’s fault :-)
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:23 PM 10-12-2019
People are kinda overlooking the obvious.

The media's favorite thing to do is build someone up and then tear them down.

The media helped build up Mahomes (I've never seen a player more hyped than Mahomes, justified or not), but now they're all aching to tear him down.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:24 PM 10-12-2019

This board has a weird habit of kinda group-think hatred towards specific players.

Russell Wilson and Watson are two guys that, for whatever reason, a ton of folks around here love to insist aren't good even though they OBVIOUSLY are. You can watch videos of Watson throwing over 55 yards accurately and people act like he's got the weakest arm of all time. It's dumb. There was a lot of pre-draft hate for the guy, and you know how people are. Most would rather double down on being wrong than just admit they were wrong.

Prior to Mahomes I'd have been more than happy with either guy.

One annoying thing about Watson is media still acts like he's a big game QB because of what he did at Clemson. Dude had one playoff game and he was ****ing TERRIBLE. He was turfing passes 3 feet in front of wide open guys. It was a train wreck. I prefer guys make big plays in big NFL games before giving them that moniker, and I don't personally believe 'primetime' makes a game more important. Big games are playoff games or games with major playoff implications at the end of the season.

I saw all I needed from Mahomes in the 4th quarter of the Patriots game. What he did to tie the game up and send it to OT was SPECIAL. People can focus on the loss, but I know what I saw.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:04 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
This board has a weird habit of kinda group-think hatred towards specific players.

Russell Wilson and Watson are two guys that, for whatever reason, a ton of folks around here love to insist aren't good even though they OBVIOUSLY are. You can watch videos of Watson throwing over 55 yards accurately and people act like he's got the weakest arm of all time. It's dumb. There was a lot of pre-draft hate for the guy, and you know how people are. Most would rather double down on being wrong than just admit they were wrong.

Prior to Mahomes I'd have been more than happy with either guy.

One annoying thing about Watson is media still acts like he's a big game QB because of what he did at Clemson. Dude had one playoff game and he was ****ing TERRIBLE. He was turfing passes 3 feet in front of wide open guys. It was a train wreck. I prefer guys make big plays in big NFL games before giving them that moniker, and I don't personally believe 'primetime' makes a game more important. Big games are playoff games or games with major playoff implications at the end of the season.

I saw all I needed from Mahomes in the 4th quarter of the Patriots game. What he did to tie the game up and send it to OT was SPECIAL. People can focus on the loss, but I know what I saw.
Solid post. 'Nuff said.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:08 PM 10-13-2019
Well, he even spotted Patty HFA. . .
[Reply]
Monkey God 02:10 PM 10-13-2019
Based on today's performance/result...seems to be a very legitimate conversation. Stats close to equal and Watson get the "W" in Pat's house.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:13 PM 10-13-2019
Watson is legit. Houston has a better roster than us. How sad is that?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:16 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
You want to see more coverage of Chiefs games, especially for individuals out of state or out the common broadcast zone which one would get ass blasted by NFL Sunday Ticket.

The publicly is neccessary
Bigger market, if more people want to see KC and then more coverage in general, that's the idea instead of watching the media felating NE 24/7 because now they're attempting to shift to Houston because Texas.
God damm right, It's now we have a chance to watch and attain news coverage. So yeah, I have a fucking opinion about it after watching most of my life the Chiefs being an afterthought.

So don't give me fucking bullshit about that
Get ready for some of that exposure that comes with national media attention, bud.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up