ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The "Watson can be as good as Mahomes" media campaign
UChieffyBugger 10:51 AM 10-11-2019
That's started ahead of Sunday's game is just ridiculous to me. I couldn't see the other Watson/Mahomes thread so I thought I'd share the footage here.

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

It's interesting that folks are down in Pat for his last two games of which he's thrown 636 yards, one TD and no Ints with a game winning drive included in the mix. And that's without mentioning his and the teams injuries. And yet they aren't mentioning Watson's two games against the Jaggs and the Panthers of which he didn't even even throw a TD in either game and threw for less than 161 yards on both occasions!!..they also have seemingly forgotten his dismal performance In the playoffs against the Colts too!!.

I respect Watson and he'll no doubt cause problems on Sunday!!..but the fickle nature of the media is just stunning to me. They did the same thing when we played the Ravens and they hyped up Jackson!!..hopefully Pat will respond the same way.
[Reply]
rico 07:37 PM 10-11-2019
A large percentage of the balls I’ve watched Watson throw (I’ve watched a lot) have been straight up wobble-launchers that he has been consistently and luckily bailed out on by his WR’s.

Dude will be an afterthought eventually. Mahomes is the future.

Fuck Watson.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:48 PM 10-11-2019
It’s a national narrative.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:02 PM 10-11-2019
You know what the craziest shit you hear and read is? How Mahomes's mobility is his best strength. Some people think Mahomes doesn't really have the greatest and most accurate arm in the league. His mobility makes it seem so. They only seen Pat play one or two games.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:53 PM 10-11-2019
There is definitely a growing narrative that all you have to do is keep Mahomes in the pocket and he’s nothing special there. As near as I can tell this is a result of people not watching games and only seeing some highlights, which often are of the out of the pocket variety because those are just so far beyond what anyone else can do that they must be shown.

They don’t see the perfect pass 30 yards down field over a defenders head right into Kelce’s hands as he doesn’t even have to break his stride, unless it’s a TD. He literally makes so many great throws each game that some of his best throws go unnoticed and under appreciated because there are just too many to include in any single game highlight package.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:13 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You sucked that dick, too. Everybody sucked that dick whether they wanted to or not. It was forcibly shoved into your mouth. You couldn't avoid it.
Sure I could. Even in Manning's heyday my browser still had the ability to take me to another page. My TV had the ability to change the channel.

The only time I was "forced" to suck Manning dick was when he played the Chiefs. At that point... I didn't much mind because A) he was playing in the game I was watching & B) he was so good he deserved it.

Originally Posted by :
I suppose you could have lived in the woods and avoided human altogether for those 15 years. Then you would have avoided sucking that dick.

Is that what you did?
I simply chose not to consume media that was overly sucking off Manning/Brady/Young/Elway/Marino/Favre. It really isn't that hard if you aren't purposely putting yourself in the position to have it "forced" on you.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:24 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
You want to see more coverage of Chiefs games, especially for individuals out of state or out the common broadcast zone which one would get ass blasted by NFL Sunday Ticket.

The publicly is neccessary
So I should want the Chiefs to get more national run so that Clive in Toledo gets to watch an extra Chiefs game or two per season in the "primetime" slot?

Necessary from whom? Mahomes has no clue that Sondra from Piscattaway has tuned into the game or not. Even if he did... I'm certain it would provide him no further motivation.

Even then... what the fuck does all that publicity matter if our team doesn't win anything? When we prove we can win the important games... win it all, then the Chiefs will get all the publicity they can handle. Until then we should be happy to stay in our lane and laugh at these dumbass talking-heads as we hoist a trophy (I'll "settle" for the Lamar Hunt Trophy).
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:46 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
So I should want the Chiefs to get more national run so that Clive in Toledo gets to watch an extra Chiefs game or two per season in the "primetime" slot?

Necessary from whom? Mahomes has no clue that Sondra from Piscattaway has tuned into the game or not. Even if he did... I'm certain it would provide him no further motivation.

Even then... what the fuck does all that publicity matter if our team doesn't win anything? When we prove we can win the important games... win it all, then the Chiefs will get all the publicity they can handle. Until then we should be happy to stay in our lane and laugh at these dumbass talking-heads as we hoist a trophy (I'll "settle" for the Lamar Hunt Trophy).
Bigger market, if more people want to see KC and then more coverage in general, that's the idea instead of watching the media felating NE 24/7 because now they're attempting to shift to Houston because Texas.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:03 AM 10-12-2019
Bigger market, if more people want to see KC and then more coverage in general, that's the idea instead of watching the media felating NE 24/7 because now they're attempting to shift to Houston because Texas.
I'm really trying to understand here but your post provided no further clarification.

Outside of stuffing the Hunt's bank account with heavier deposits... how does "bigger market" help the Chiefs win anything? If there is a player out there that wont sign with the Chiefs because Stephen A. Smith is still talking shit on Mahomes... then I don't want that dumb piece of shit on the team anyhow.

As for "the media" shifting from NE to the Texans... I ask again. So fucking what? Let them fellate Watson and the Texans. Short of *YOU* feeling good because the media is stroking you off... what does "bigger market" bring the Chiefs?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:12 AM 10-12-2019
I'm really trying to understand here but your post provided no further clarification.

Outside of stuffing the Hunt's bank account with heavier deposits... how does "bigger market" help the Chiefs win anything? If there is a player out there that wont sign with the Chiefs because Stephen A. Smith is still talking shit on Mahomes... then I don't want that dumb piece of shit on the team anyhow.

As for "the media" shifting from NE to the Texans... I ask again. So fucking what? Let them fellate Watson and the Texans. Short of *YOU* feeling good because the media is stroking you off... what does "bigger market" bring the Chiefs?

So fucking what? As fans we crave information, and if Mahomes reigns king in the media's eye guess what instead of a brief line on the ticker we actually get a thorough news piece instead of obscure Twitter comments.

Ultimately, do like Chiefs news and coverage or do you want to dig for it. Speaking from experience posting news for over 20 years including the KCSTAR BB days it's refreshing to have such availability on the main mediums of information specifically TV when you want to relax when you have a star like PMII.

The distain for Watson is simple as stated, if you like vague information that's brushed off then continue sifting the internet for morsel's of tangible value when the media wants to pump up news that takes up 35 minutes of airtime then be happy with it which connects game broadcast availability.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:23 AM 10-12-2019
So fucking what? As fans we crave information, and if Mahomes reigns king in the media's eye guess what instead of a brief line on the ticker we actually get a thorough news piece instead of obscure Twitter comments.
We crave *INFORMATION*. What we are getting is talking head idiocy, created specifically to incite controversy, that people here are getting their panties in a twist over. Oh noes... some dumbfuck D-Lineman thinks Watson may be as good as Mahomes! Kansas City is ruined and we will never get an article written on us by someone who watched parts of 3 games in order to write it.

Boo Hoo

When Mahomes wins big games consistently the media coverage will come.
You know what will squash all this Mahomes isn't great in the pocket talk? Mahomes whipping his cock out each game and slapping people with it... from the pocket. You know what will make sports writers all over the US reach climax from an opportunity to write something about the Chiefs/Mahomes? Titles.

Until then... this *I WANT ATTENTION NOW* is petulant crybaby instant gratification bullshit that you wouldn't tolerate from your kid. Imagine how it looks on you as an adult.

I'm happy being a brief line in that ticker for now. More time for actual fans of this team to enjoy what Mahomes is doing before the inevitable bandwagoners climb on board with us.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:36 AM 10-12-2019
We crave *INFORMATION*. What we are getting is talking head idiocy, created specifically to incite controversy, that people here are getting their panties in a twist over. Oh noes... some dumbfuck D-Lineman thinks Watson may be as good as Mahomes! Kansas City is ruined and we will never get an article written on us by someone who watched parts of 3 games in order to write it.

Boo Hoo

[B]When Mahomes wins big games consistently the media coverage will come.
You know what will squash all this Mahomes isn't great in the pocket talk? Mahomes whipping his cock out each game and slapping people with it... from the pocket. You know what will make sports writers all over the US reach climax from an opportunity to write something about the Chiefs/Mahomes? Titles.

Until then... this *I WANT ATTENTION NOW* is petulant crybaby instant gratification bullshit that you wouldn't tolerate from your kid. Imagine how it looks on you as an adult.

I'm happy being a brief line in that ticker for now. More time for actual fans of this team to enjoy what Mahomes is doing before the inevitable bandwagoners climb on board with us.
God damm right, It's now we have a chance to watch and attain news coverage. So yeah, I have a fucking opinion about it after watching most of my life the Chiefs being an afterthought.

So don't give me fucking bullshit about that
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:02 AM 10-12-2019
God damm right, It's now we have a chance to watch and attain news coverage. So yeah, I have a fucking opinion about it after watching most of my life the Chiefs being an afterthought.

So don't give me fucking bullshit about that
What was I right about? Your acting like a petulant child demanding attention, the fact that we aren't getting (and won't be getting) media run until we actually do something bigger than winning our first division round win since 1993, the part where I stated that people will continue to question Mahomes' ability in the pocket until he whips his dick out and slaps them in the face with it?

We've had news coverage, and to be honest, that coverage has been *FAR* better in both quality and access by the fanbase than anything the national sportswriters can/have/will do. (see Teicher at ESPN vs Mellinger doing interviews and basically repping that banner shit). For fucks sake... you really want to be clued into what Adam Teicher has to say about this team?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/searc...archid=1444077

Well, perhaps you do. I get it now. Teicher is hot fucking garbage but that doesn't matter to you... you just want to see Kansas City Chiefs "in print".

/I, for one, would rather the national media keep their spotlight away from the Chiefs until we fix the fucking defense and get an offensive line to keep Mahomes healthy. If we don't we will be a national fucking laughing stock for spoiling the career of a football god.

//and we thought we fucking wasted J. Charles. Can you imagine if we do the same with Mahomes... but with a national spotlight on us as we do it?

///you watched Willy Wonka at some point in your life, right?

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:05 AM 10-12-2019
What was I right about? Your acting like a petulant child demanding attention, the fact that we aren't getting (and won't be getting) media run until we actually do something bigger than winning our first division round win since 1993, the part where I stated that people will continue to question Mahomes' ability in the pocket until he whips his dick out and slaps them in the face with it?

We've had news coverage, and to be honest, that coverage has been *FAR* better in both quality and access by the fanbase than anything the national sportswriters can/have/will do. (see Teicher at ESPN vs Mellinger doing interviews and basically repping that banner shit). For fucks sake... you really want to be clued into what Adam Teicher has to say about this team?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/searc...archid=1444077

Well, perhaps you do. I get it now. Teicher is hot fucking garbage but that doesn't matter to you... you just want to see Kansas City Chiefs "in print".

/I, for one, would rather the national media keep their spotlight away from the Chiefs until we fix the fucking defense and get an offensive line to keep Mahomes healthy. If we don't we will be a national fucking laughing stock for spoiling the career of a football god.

//and we thought we fucking wasted J. Charles. Can you imagine if we do the same with Mahomes... but with a national spotlight on us as we do it?

///you watched Willy Wonka at some point in your life, right?

It's called passion being involved with 37Forever to SOC, I have an attitude about it since Mahomes and the regime is the spoils of the movement.

That's why members of the BB and SOC were pissed at Whitlock concerning his Tyreek comments because he donated to the cauae
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:25 AM 10-12-2019
It's called passion being involved with 37Forever to SOC, I have an attitude about it since Mahomes and the regime is the spoils of the movement
It is called throwing a tantrum because the bad tv men compared Watson to Mahomes as if their numbers at the end of the season/careers isn't going to tell the tale.

It is being childish because, just like a child, you cannot wait for your reward... you have to have it *NOW*. You would think that our chosen team being, mostly, a pile of dog shit since 1994 would have taught our fanbase some humility.

Originally Posted by you:
I have a fucking opinion about it after watching most of my life the Chiefs being an afterthought

that's the idea instead of watching the media felating NE 24/7 because now they're attempting to shift to Houston because Texas.
“The oppressed want at any cost to resemble the oppressors.” - Paulo Freire
[Reply]
lcarus 02:26 AM 10-12-2019
Can he have a better game and throw more yards and TDs and win? Yes. In terms of pure QB talent though, Mahomes is better and it's not that close.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up