ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The "Watson can be as good as Mahomes" media campaign
UChieffyBugger 10:51 AM 10-11-2019
That's started ahead of Sunday's game is just ridiculous to me. I couldn't see the other Watson/Mahomes thread so I thought I'd share the footage here.

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

It's interesting that folks are down in Pat for his last two games of which he's thrown 636 yards, one TD and no Ints with a game winning drive included in the mix. And that's without mentioning his and the teams injuries. And yet they aren't mentioning Watson's two games against the Jaggs and the Panthers of which he didn't even even throw a TD in either game and threw for less than 161 yards on both occasions!!..they also have seemingly forgotten his dismal performance In the playoffs against the Colts too!!.

I respect Watson and he'll no doubt cause problems on Sunday!!..but the fickle nature of the media is just stunning to me. They did the same thing when we played the Ravens and they hyped up Jackson!!..hopefully Pat will respond the same way.
[Reply]
-King- 12:42 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Watson is a good qb. But my God, sick of the comparisons. He's not even close to mahomes.

Maybe the most frustrating part is that on Sunday, Watson will try to beat mahomes. While mahomes will try to beat the Texans. Very big difference.
What does that last part even mean?
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:42 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Watson is a really good WB. Don’t know why we hate him? Dude is an awesome person too
I dont care about the comparisons...it's just talking head fodder. He's a really good QB...Mahomes is an alien.

Reid would have faired pretty well with Watson too...he's probably the 2nd best young QB in the AFC.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:52 PM 10-11-2019
Watson is just a slower Lamar Jackson who is a slightly better passer.

They have the same issues - they don't process or anticipate the way an elite talent like Mahomes can.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:58 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Because Mahomes needs rivals.

Batman needs a Joker.

Just let it happen.
Of course PMII is injured, and Watson is isn't. So there will be optics and the narrative that Desaun can always keep up with Patrick
[Reply]
RunKC 01:02 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Watson is just a slower Lamar Jackson who is a slightly better passer.

They have the same issues - they don't process or anticipate the way an elite talent like Mahomes can.
Watson has had a 100+ QB rating every year. He’s not the elite passer Mahomes is, but he’s very good.

Watson probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in the league.

He’s what we wanted Alex to be.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:05 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watson has had a 100+ QB rating every year. He’s not the elite passer Mahomes is, but he’s very good.

Watson probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in the league.

He’s what we wanted Alex to be.
He's inconsistent. The same defense Mahomes shat on held Watson to 7 points in a playoff game last year.

He's only as good as the opponent he's facing.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:14 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He's inconsistent. The same defense Mahomes shat on held Watson to 7 points in a playoff game last year.

He's only as good as the opponent he's facing.
Watson’s OL was complete garbage without Tunsil, no RB threat, Will Fuller out and Hopkins was playing hurt.

In that same type of scenario, Mahomes only lead us to 13 points.
[Reply]
notorious 01:15 PM 10-11-2019
Cowherd said that this game will be a good time to compare them....this is after he said Watson has been without oline and weapons, which is exactly where Mahomes is now.

Dipfuck fogot that Houston has the best jump ball WR in the league along with another excellent WR threat.

The are simply saying shit to get attention. Stop giving it to them.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:17 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watson’s OL was complete garbage without Tunsil, no RB threat, Will Fuller out and Hopkins was playing hurt.

In that same type of scenario, Mahomes only lead us to 13 points.
And what about last week vs Carolina?

He is up and down depending on the opponent.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:36 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Cowherd said that this game will be a good time to compare them....this is after he said Watson has been without oline and weapons, which is exactly where Mahomes is now.

Dip**** fogot that Houston has the best jump ball WR in the league along with another excellent WR threat.

The are simply saying shit to get attention. Stop giving it to them.
Houston has the best WR period
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:08 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
What does that last part even mean?
It always drives me crazy that people act like mahomes lost the qb duel to Russell Wilson and Brady.

No... Wilson and Brady beat a bad chiefs defense. Mahomes almost won both games in spite of his defense.

Not that Houstons D is all that great. But mahomes has to win these games at a handicap.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:12 PM 10-11-2019
Is there a reason anyone feels threatened by the comparisons between Mahomes and Watson? Really, I don't see why it's a thing. Watson is a really good QB. If Mahomes didn't exist, and somehow we got Watson two years ago, I think right now we'd be pretty happy?

But we do have Mahomes and he's a truly amazing QB.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:28 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Is there a reason anyone feels threatened by the comparisons between Mahomes and Watson? Really, I don't see why it's a thing. Watson is a really good QB. If Mahomes didn't exist, and somehow we got Watson two years ago, I think right now we'd be pretty happy?

But we do have Mahomes and he's a truly amazing QB.
If attention starts to shift to Watson it would meanless national exposure and primetime games because of the Chiefs are a small market
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If attention starts to shift to Watson it would meanless national exposure and primetime games because of the Chiefs are a small market
We care about that... why?

Exposure means nothing. People die of it. Are you just wanting the sporting world to fellate you because you are a Chiefs fan and they have Mahomes?

Does watching Mahomes do alien shit on the field mean less to you, is it somehow grayer, because the talking heads want to give Watson a little bit of run?

Prime Time games exist only in the playoffs. This "prime time" Sunday, Thursday, Monday night bull is a manufactured thing. Why the fuck do we care if Carl in upstate new York watches our team play?

/ says that with the Thanksgiving day game I attended being my favorite game I've been to so far
[Reply]
-King- 03:04 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It always drives me crazy that people act like mahomes lost the qb duel to Russell Wilson and Brady.

No... Wilson and Brady beat a bad chiefs defense. Mahomes almost won both games in spite of his defense.

Not that Houstons D is all that great. But mahomes has to win these games at a handicap.
So...how does that mean Watson will try to beat Mahomes instead of Watson will try to beat the Chiefs?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up