ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The "Watson can be as good as Mahomes" media campaign
UChieffyBugger 10:51 AM 10-11-2019
That's started ahead of Sunday's game is just ridiculous to me. I couldn't see the other Watson/Mahomes thread so I thought I'd share the footage here.

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

It's interesting that folks are down in Pat for his last two games of which he's thrown 636 yards, one TD and no Ints with a game winning drive included in the mix. And that's without mentioning his and the teams injuries. And yet they aren't mentioning Watson's two games against the Jaggs and the Panthers of which he didn't even even throw a TD in either game and threw for less than 161 yards on both occasions!!..they also have seemingly forgotten his dismal performance In the playoffs against the Colts too!!.

I respect Watson and he'll no doubt cause problems on Sunday!!..but the fickle nature of the media is just stunning to me. They did the same thing when we played the Ravens and they hyped up Jackson!!..hopefully Pat will respond the same way.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:09 AM 10-11-2019
Let's also not forget about Watson's little pouty tantrum he had after his playoff loss. And no, that wasn't healthy frustration from just being so competitive. That was being pouty.

Seems like Watson still has to learn that the NFL is a completely different animal than college.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:10 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
It's perfect. Its just what the Doctor ordered for the Chiefs, a big dose of disrespect.
Andy screwed up after the close call in Detroit.

He let the team rest on their laurels a bit with the painting comment.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:13 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Why does anybody object to content discussion when it involves Chiefs on this place? I don't fucking get it.

Why do you care about Chiefs fans who get kinda peeved when sports people put out BS fake news when it comes to other QBs? Sure, those networks do it to drum up interest. Just because you understand the reason behind something doesn't mean it's not wrong.

It's false that Watson is as good as Mahomes. Both physically and mentally. I can't name one aspect of Deshaun Watson's game other than his scrambling speed that I'd rather have than Mahomes. He's the inferior QB. There is no competition between the two. They're on completely different planets.
The content merely mentioning the Chiefs doesn't make it quality content.

This is literally talking heads drumming up controversy so that people will click their links, watch, and talk about the nonsense that is comparing Watson to Mahomes. Then people get riled up about *TALKING HEADS* saying their guy is as good as our guy as if it were an in-depth breakdown of how the switch to the 4-3 under Spags hasn't improved our ability to stop the run.

It isn't "content" as much as it is whining about people being paid to make dramatic comparisons... making dramatic comparisons.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:17 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
The content merely mentioning the Chiefs doesn't make it quality content.

This is literally talking heads drumming up controversy so that people will click their links, watch, and talk about the nonsense that is comparing Watson to Mahomes. Then people get riled up about *TALKING HEADS* saying their guy is as good as our guy as if it were an in-depth breakdown of how the switch to the 4-3 under Spags hasn't improved our ability to stop the run.

It isn't "content" as much as it is whining about people being paid to make dramatic comparisons... making dramatic comparisons.
Of course it's not quality content. It's false.

The point is it's false. And we, on a fan forum that celebrates the Chiefs, don't like that false content. What else are we supposed to talk about on a football forum for one specific team? Even if you're the ultimate, "Don't care what the media says," type of fan, there's no way this doesn't elicit an eyeroll from those people.
[Reply]
arrwheader 11:20 AM 10-11-2019
I mean CC went on talking about this and bringing down Mahomes but just before that he was talking up Brady for his 0 TD performance and bad QB last few weeks.

He also didn't mention anything about the injury to Mahomes or any of his WR but said that about Brady and his receivers.

Fuck them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:22 AM 10-11-2019
Watson's kind of a douche. They asked if there were any differences between the two QBs and his answer was "No, not really."

How bout the fact that you take way, way more sacks? I don't care about the lines. If Mahomes played for Houston, he wouldn't be sacked nearly as much.

He also doesn't see the field like Mahomes and isn't as accurate. Throws a lot of balls up for grabs.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:23 AM 10-11-2019
Watson is a good qb. But my God, sick of the comparisons. He's not even close to mahomes.

Maybe the most frustrating part is that on Sunday, Watson will try to beat mahomes. While mahomes will try to beat the Texans. Very big difference.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:26 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Watson's kind of a douche. They asked if there were any differences between the two QBs and his answer was "No, not really."

How bout the fact that you take way, way more sacks? I don't care about the lines. If Mahomes played for Houston, he wouldn't be sacked nearly as much.

He also doesn't see the field like Mahomes and isn't as accurate. Throws a lot of balls up for grabs.
Houston's OL has gotten much better since adding Tunsil from Miami. It still has holes, but blindside protection recently has not been one of them.

Unlike Mahomes being protected by Cam freaking Erving :-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:26 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Of course it's not quality content. It's false.

The point is it's false. And we, on a fan forum that celebrates the Chiefs, don't like that false content. What else are we supposed to talk about on a football forum for one specific team? Even if you're the ultimate, "Don't care what the media says," type of fan, there's no way this doesn't elicit an eyeroll from those people.
An eye-roll is literally all it deserves. Clicking on their links only serves to make them double down on idiocy in order to keep those clicks rolling in. Stephen A. Smith is a god among these media trolls and everyone has taken a page from his stupid ass, added a dash of National Inquirer, and a sprinkle of blogger quality "reporting" and we, in turn, get threads based on that garbage.

What else are we supposed to talk about? Anything of substance related to the team. Anything that isn't a high school popularity debate. ANYTHING.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:30 AM 10-11-2019

Not sure how that reads as douche. What's he supposed to say? Reads more like a dumb question than it is a dumb answer. Watson seems like a good dude.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:35 AM 10-11-2019

Wrong. He’s a good kid. Should be held up as an example like Mahomes is.

He isn’t as good as Mahomes, but he’s still very solid.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:45 AM 10-11-2019
If franchises were building from scratch...100% of them would choose Mahomes over Watson....including the Texans.

That's all you need to know...
[Reply]
-King- 12:10 PM 10-11-2019

:-) The shit some of you get mad at.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:23 PM 10-11-2019
Haven't really read any threads that discuss this topic, only read some of the reactions here.

I think hypothetically Watson could do many of the same types of things that Mahomes can do, if he were given the opportunity of being coached by an offensive mastermind like Andy. The fact that he's been saddled with Bill O'Brien for his entire career, plus the dumpster fire that they have called an OL, and the complete lack of a running game, has stunted his growth to this point. But it's obvious if you watch him play that he's very athletic, has an above average arm in terms of strength, good accuracy, and has a head for making plays.

And if Mahomes had gone to the Texans instead of the Chiefs, it's likely Pat would've performed in a similar manner to what Watson has done so far. Maybe Pat's inherent gifts of deep passing accuracy and elusiveness would've offset some of the short-comings of the Texans, but overall, without Andy to help him transition to the pro game, he'd probably struggle much as Watson did to begin with.

The comparisons kind of illustrate how important a good QB-oriented coach, a decent OL, and a decent running game, is to the development of a rookie QB.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:40 PM 10-11-2019
Watson is a really good WB. Don’t know why we hate him? Dude is an awesome person too
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up