ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 24
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brett Veach
Titty Meat 09:16 PM 10-06-2019
Good job with the interior line bud. Keep spending all our resources on overpaid defensive players and draft picks who dont do shit
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:03 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
What Mahomes pick success? John Dorsey is the one who made the trade up and then selected Mahomes.

This narrative that Veach is 100% responsible for Mahomes is ****ing ridiculous and is a blatant PR attempt by the Chiefs to make him look better than he actually is.
Veach discovered Mahomes. Everyone knows this. Dorsey was here when we picked him but it was all Veach. This is why he deserves some time.
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:05 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Brett Veach has had 2 offseasons and all I've really seen him do is spend a shit ton of money and draft picks for marginal return...

If he hadn't stepped into Patrick Mahomes being the QB on an already made team by John Dorsey we'd see how bad he really is at this job.

Dude might be Ryan Grigson 2.0
Everyone agreed we needed to act quickly while Mahomes was on his rookie deal. That's what Veach did - he acted quickly. Maybe didn't work in all cases but he took a swing at it.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 12:07 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
John Dorsey did not build this team. Andy Reid did.

I don’t believe anybody who tells me Dorsey is responsible for finding any of our offensive players. Look at all the OL and weapons Andy drafted in Philly.

Dorsey’s role was far exaggerated
Sure even if that is correct didn't Reid fail in Philly trying to do much more than coaching?
With a great talent like Mahomes the GM's role is critical in building a complementary team under cap constraints. We need a real one, not yes men like Veach or an overloaded HC who has a list of gameday issues to fix.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:07 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Veach discovered Mahomes. Everyone knows this. Dorsey was here when we picked him but it was all Veach. This is why he deserves some time.
You aren’t seriously buying into that company line are you?

Maybe Veach scouted Mahomes but that’s what scouts are supposed to do.

DORSEY is the one who had to ultimately take Veach’s advice, and then make the big trade up to the exact spot he needed to get to in order to draft Mahomes.

We don’t give Dorsey nearly enough credit here. And as for Veach “discovering” Mahomes? It’s not like Mahomes was some grunge band playing in a dive bar that Veach happened to stumble upon. He was a well known commodity that every scout and GM in the league had their eyes on. So I’m not buying this “discovery” shit for one second.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 10-07-2019
It isn’t just the “company line” dumbass. Mahomes camp and the people Veach dealt with at TT have said the same things.

And it started well before Mahomes Junior year.

You want to vent about Veach after a disappointing loss? That’s fine, but let’s not try to change the facts to fit your narrative.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 12:13 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
You aren’t seriously buying into that company line are you?

Maybe Veach scouted Mahomes but that’s what scouts are supposed to do.

DORSEY is the one who had to ultimately take Veach’s advice, and then make the big trade up to the exact spot he needed to get to in order to draft Mahomes.

We don’t give Dorsey nearly enough credit here. And as for Veach “discovering” Mahomes? It’s not like Mahomes was some grunge band playing in a dive bar that Veach happened to stumble upon. He was a well known commodity that every scout and GM in the league had their eyes on. So I’m not buying this “discovery” shit for one second.
Yes Dorsey traded up to #10 not higher not lower while giving up just enough. Dorsey had his ups and downs but with a powerful HC like Reid directly reporting to the owner I don't know how "great" a GM can be.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:33 PM 10-07-2019
The thing about this thread it's not just after a loss though. The interior has been getting Mahomes creamed all season. Well actually since atleast the new England game last year and the run defense has always been trash. It's a bigger picture thing then just reacting to 1 game.
[Reply]
TEX 02:35 PM 10-07-2019
Everyone agreed we needed to act quickly while Mahomes was on his rookie deal. That's what Veach did - he acted quickly. Maybe didn't work in all cases but he took a swing at it.
What cases did it work?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:38 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
What cases did it work?
None. Team loses the battle at the LOS constantly.
[Reply]
TEX 02:50 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
None. Team loses the battle at the LOS constantly.
That's how I see it also. I just thought I may be missing something, so I was asking.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:00 PM 10-07-2019
Veach has done the best he can with the cards he was dealt. He picked up decent talent in the offseason to overhaul the D in: Wilson, Okafor and Ogba. Hitchens and Clark were also very good pickups at the time. Not Veach's fault they haven't lived up to their contract. The safety position which was a major weakness was drastically improved.
The only weakness, and a major one, I see with Veach has been his drafting. It's been hit or miss. Saunders and Speaks look to be busts. Thornhill and Hardman do not. We need to have a really solid draft next year.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:02 PM 10-07-2019
LB is bad for us right now. We have zero at that position that's worth a damn.

Huge problem that can't be fixed during the season.
[Reply]
kcclone 03:09 PM 10-07-2019

It doesn’t matter that “everyone agreed” to whatever. Veach is the one getting a large paycheck to get it right, and he’s not getting the job done.
[Reply]
nychief 03:10 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
LB is bad for us right now. We have zero at that position that's worth a damn.

Huge problem that can't be fixed during the season.

Ugly. Best rush of the day came from Ragland.... let that sink in.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:58 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Don't forget the 2015 Steelers playoff game at Arrowhead, which last night was basically a carbon copy of...
Every big loss we've had in recent memory is a carbon copy of each of the other losses...it's a pattern and nothing about it is changing and that's concerning.

That was my big takeaway from last night...
[Reply]
Page 7 of 24
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up