ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>With Hill's likely return, let's return to the subject.
Direckshun 10:25 AM 10-01-2019
Here's what I said before, assuming the Chiefs still have the #1 offense without Hill.

Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Do you entertain the notion that we could trade him?

If our offense is the best in the league, and it may not be considering what’s going on in New England, but isn’t this a conversation worth having?

Imagine what he could net you in a trade.

A 1st plus additional picks.

Patrick Peterson.

etc etc

I know Hill is popular, but if we’re already unstoppable, maybe he could make us better by netting us resources we need in other spots.
Well, egg is on my face.

Turns out the Chiefs don't have the #1 offense without Hill. They have the #2 offense. (Ravens have the #1 offense by an average of 8 yards/game.)

We're also tied with the Ravens for 1st in points/game with 33.8.

Do you entertain the notion of trading any WRs right now (or by trade deadline) for defensive help?
[Reply]
tyecopeland 04:32 PM 10-01-2019
Of all the wrs I'd rather trade robinson. Hes probably gone after this season anyway. Let's get something for him now. Of course Watkins could be gone next year too but we'll be eating dead money if that happens.
[Reply]
Monkey God 04:33 PM 10-01-2019
Whitlock first floated the idea of a Hill for Ramsey trade on "Speak For Yourself" right after Ramsey asked for the trade. He championed the cause for a couple of weeks, and even got some of the "expert" guests to buy into why it was the perfect deal for both teams. I happened to be in Jax that second week and it was brought up on a sports talk show there and the Jags fans thought Hill was not enough in return for Ramsey and wanted Hill plus a first.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:41 PM 10-01-2019
Yeah let's trade our most explosive player on the team. :-)

Right now...if anything...our LB's need upgrading. Run defense is still VERY shitty, theyre shitty at tackling and filling gaps...and that's going to haunt the
Chiefs once again come Jan.

I was on the Ramsey train when the Pats picked up AB...Pats are the Chiefs only competitor in the AFC, unless the Browns somehow find a spark under their ass.

Now that AB is out of the picture in NE, I don't see them as much of a threat like I did before.

Claiborne returns this week....lets see what he can offer.

If anything I'd trade Watkins...not sure if there would be any suiters though given his salary.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:41 PM 10-01-2019
I thought all of your posts were supposed to be labeled LNBS
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:43 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
Whitlock first floated the idea of a Hill for Ramsey trade on "Speak For Yourself" right after Ramsey asked for the trade. He championed the cause for a couple of weeks, and even got some of the "expert" guests to buy into why it was the perfect deal for both teams. I happened to be in Jax that second week and it was brought up on a sports talk show there and the Jags fans thought Hill was not enough in return for Ramsey and wanted Hill plus a first.
Stupid.

Both Whitlock and Jags fans
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:45 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I love how Direckshun starts these threads asking really stupid questions and then just ghosts the thread. "Hey, here's a really stupid thought I had. Discuss it amongst yourselves why I stick my finder up my ass and smell it."
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:21 PM 10-01-2019
So, we are debating banning Ubeja while this clown has shit all over the board for years with dumbass threads?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:40 PM 10-01-2019
Keep Hill. Forever.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 05:56 PM 10-01-2019
Did we sign this piece of shit yet?!!?!
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:46 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
Honestly, if Whitlock signed on, that’s a pretty obvious sign this was a not a great idea.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:59 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Now that we know we can put up 34 points without Mahomes throwing a single touchdown, should we look to trade him?? Think of the haul we could get!
Not just a boatload of draft picks, but we could save 200+ million of cap space.

[Reply]
TEX 08:18 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
So, we are debating banning Ubeja while this clown has shit all over the board for years with dumbass threads?
Exactly. He AND Deberg.
[Reply]
TEX 08:22 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

Right now...if anything...our LB's need upgrading. Run defense is still VERY shitty, theyre shitty at tackling and filling gaps...and that's going to haunt the

I was on the Ramsey train when the Pats picked up AB...Pats are the Chiefs only competitor in the AFC, unless the Browns somehow find a spark under their ass.

Now that AB is out of the picture in NE, I don't see them as much of a threat like I did before.

Exactly. Funny that you mentioned the Browns. They have TWO RB's that could absolutely destroy our Run defense.

If anything I'd trade Watkins...not sure if there would be any suiters though given his salary.
Exactly...Funny you mentioned the Browns. They have TWO RB's that could absolutely destroy our run defense in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 08:36 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I listened to Chris Simms talk about that game, he said for a team that played a ton of man like Detroit did. Where are the Chiefs just letting a WR win 1 on 1? You didn't see any of that, run the fly, do a curl, now do a fake curl and go.

Basically saying with a guy like Mahomes where is that element of it's 1 on 1 in man just take the shot.

It is a solid point.
That's an element of the offense that I think could improve. Between Pat and Andy they've been so amazing at finding the open man, they don't always have to rely on those typical one on one just beat your man routes. I think Hill had always been that guy to Pat - as well as Kelce.. Doubling Kelce without Hill isn't something Pat had experienced a lot and shows just how important he is. I think having Hill run his reverses and jet flat routes is also so valuable to this team. Detroit didn't buy that movement as much as other teams have. I think Hill's ability forces you to respect it more.

The more we play man defenses like Detroit, as in teams who play man well - the better for Mahomes. The way he orchestrated that final drive shows what a quick study he is. One of Pat's most underrated traits is how quickly he adapts. I cant imagine how good he will be in a few years when d-coordinators have thrown every possible game plan at him and he's familiar with how to play each.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:07 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

As long as the interior defensive line continues to play undisciplined, upgrading the linebackers is a waste of time.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up