ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>With Hill's likely return, let's return to the subject.
Direckshun 10:25 AM 10-01-2019
Here's what I said before, assuming the Chiefs still have the #1 offense without Hill.

Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Do you entertain the notion that we could trade him?

If our offense is the best in the league, and it may not be considering what’s going on in New England, but isn’t this a conversation worth having?

Imagine what he could net you in a trade.

A 1st plus additional picks.

Patrick Peterson.

etc etc

I know Hill is popular, but if we’re already unstoppable, maybe he could make us better by netting us resources we need in other spots.
Well, egg is on my face.

Turns out the Chiefs don't have the #1 offense without Hill. They have the #2 offense. (Ravens have the #1 offense by an average of 8 yards/game.)

We're also tied with the Ravens for 1st in points/game with 33.8.

Do you entertain the notion of trading any WRs right now (or by trade deadline) for defensive help?
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:12 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Now that we know we can put up 34 points without Mahomes throwing a single touchdown, should we look to trade him?? Think of the haul we could get!
That is the general gist of the argument, yes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:11 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
No way. Hill is a generational talent. Plus, if I'm not mistaken we would have a huge dead cap money hit since we just re-signed him.
You are, in fact, mistaken.

Hill's signing bonus is relatively low....for obvious reasons.

His deal is low base salaries with high roster bonuses. So if he's traded or cut, the Chiefs don't pay 'em. He's essentially on a contract with 1 year rolling options (very team friendly).

The signing bonus is under $6 million; that's not terribly significant. The Chiefs could trade him if they wanted to from a strictly cap perspective. It just wouldn't be very smart...
[Reply]
Lzen 01:48 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

His deal is low base salaries with high roster bonuses. So if he's traded or cut, the Chiefs don't pay 'em. He's essentially on a contract with 1 year rolling options (very team friendly).

The signing bonus is under $6 million; that's not terribly significant. The Chiefs could trade him if they wanted to from a strictly cap perspective. It just wouldn't be very smart...
Really? I did not know this. Well, that was very clever of Mr Veach. Thanks for the info. :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:03 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

In other words, the very team friendly year to year contract Hill is playing under would make it doubly fucking stupid to trade him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:04 PM 10-01-2019
Haven't read the whole thread so I don't know where the chips are falling, but my opinion is that the Chiefs shouldn't entertain the idea of trading Hill. Hill makes this offense legendary.

And we're going to need that offensive firepower in January. Look at how every team we've played so far has changed the paradigm. Going for it on fourth downs early. From their side of the field. Trying to out-physical out receivers nearly every play. Trying to establish a physical running game. Trying to convert multiple two-point conversions. And so on.

This is going to be the story for the next ten years or more.

Hill gives the team an X-factor that, as we've seen, can't easily be replaced. Especially in the playoffs.

Besides, we for damned sure don't want to face Tyreek in the playoffs. It makes all the sense in the world just for that reason alone.
[Reply]
TEX 02:04 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
We learned how valuable he is Sunday. Love Watkins but he's a decent WR1... not elite. Demarcus is a scramble drill WR, not a WR you can constantly trust as a WR2 to run perfect routes. Hardman is still a little raw. Tyreek is an elite #1, Watkins becomes an elite #2, Demarcus is one hell of a third option.

Now, if we're talking first round picks... Technically Hardman and speaks would be like giving up a high pick. I wouldn't mind parting with Hardman...
Exactly. Though I want to keep Hardman.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:07 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Yea, Hill bumps all the other receivers down a level that takes our receiving group from good to elite. Hill helps Kelces a lot too by forcings a double and still stretching the field.
That's a great point. Defenses were chipping away at kelce and that's going to get exhausting for him. I also think Damien williams helps us more than we think. I'm not a fan of him as a runner. But I really like him as an extra option besides kelce in the short passing game. Mccoy and darrel are running backs who catch the ball really well. Damien can basically play receiver.
[Reply]
TEX 02:07 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
In other words, the very team friendly year to year contract Hill is playing under would make it doubly ****ing stupid to trade him.
Yep. You keep him for his MAD SKILLS and because he's on a team friendly contract. The end.

Lock the thread now. :-)
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 02:48 PM 10-01-2019
Incredibly stupid thread.

[Reply]
oldman 02:50 PM 10-01-2019
It's clear we're not the same team without Hill, regardless of our record. Keep him, end of foolish discussion.
[Reply]
kcclone 02:56 PM 10-01-2019
If you can get a LB or CB for Robinson, I think you have to look at it.

His trade value may never be higher.
[Reply]
Bump 03:07 PM 10-01-2019
Hill is a difference maker and the offense will look much more smooth when he comes back. Teams have to plan for him. I don't think a 4-0 team should be trying to trade anybody because it's Superbowl or bust.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:36 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by kcclone:
If you can get a LB or CB for Robinson, I think you have to look at it.

His trade value may never be higher.
Really not a big fan of that. I think he's a perfect fit for Mahomes. He's his go-to in the scramble drill. He'll be a far better fit for our offense when we don't need him to do nearly as much in terms of structured route running. He'll be flat out unstoppable as a safety valve once Tyreek comes back.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 04:20 PM 10-01-2019
Unless the Jags are offering up Ramsey, a pair of #1 picks, and a stud linebacker who can stop the run, this discussion is pretty pointless.
[Reply]
chiefsfan15 04:29 PM 10-01-2019
A great corner gets us closer to the super bowl than Hill’s return does. Good teams can play keep away from our offense with the brown bedsheets defense
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up