ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>With Hill's likely return, let's return to the subject.
Direckshun 10:25 AM 10-01-2019
Here's what I said before, assuming the Chiefs still have the #1 offense without Hill.

Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Do you entertain the notion that we could trade him?

If our offense is the best in the league, and it may not be considering what’s going on in New England, but isn’t this a conversation worth having?

Imagine what he could net you in a trade.

A 1st plus additional picks.

Patrick Peterson.

etc etc

I know Hill is popular, but if we’re already unstoppable, maybe he could make us better by netting us resources we need in other spots.
Well, egg is on my face.

Turns out the Chiefs don't have the #1 offense without Hill. They have the #2 offense. (Ravens have the #1 offense by an average of 8 yards/game.)

We're also tied with the Ravens for 1st in points/game with 33.8.

Do you entertain the notion of trading any WRs right now (or by trade deadline) for defensive help?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:01 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Other side of the ball, but I feel that way about Thornhill too. I'm glad he's playing over Sorenson, but I hope he shows improvement as the season goes along.
Yeah, but on defense you can make up for a lot of mistakes through athleticism and effort.

I'm gonna be a little more tolerant of letting a guy like Thornhill learn on the fly because frankly it's the ONLY way for him to learn. He can't practice gamedays. He can't practice reacting to what's in front of him.

Whereas Hardman can hit the books harder. Hardman can go out there and run footwork drills and clean his routes up. Hardman can get better without actually playing a big part in the gameplan.

But since defense is reactive in nature, Thornhill can only learn through reps. Keep giving them to him and we'll be better off for it.

Hardman's not sound to the point that reps are gonna make a big difference. He has to firm up his foundation first.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:03 AM 10-01-2019
only way I would entertain trading a WR is if Hardman becomes more consistent in the next 2-3 weeks, Pringle comes on strong, Hill comes back healthy. Then, and only then, would I look to move Watkins for a starting caliber defensive player.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 11:04 AM 10-01-2019
Nooooooooooooo!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:07 AM 10-01-2019
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:08 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
only way I would entertain trading a WR is if Hardman becomes more consistent in the next 2-3 weeks, Pringle comes on strong, Hill comes back healthy. Then, and only then, would I look to move Watkins for a starting caliber defensive player.
I'm still a HUGE Marshon Lattimore fan.

You can put this firmly in the 'would never happen' camp, but if the Saints would talk on Lattimore for Watkins, I'd listen. His '18 was off from his '17 season and until this week he'd been among the worst CBs in football in '19. But the talent is immense and he showed as a rookie that he can be a genuine #1 corner. With another cheap year on the books next season, he'd be awfully nice to have around.

But A) that's not the kind of trade teams ever make (player for player; especially not major players mid-season) and B) I think the Saints are in cap hell next season and probably don't want to carry Watkins figure, even the reduced figure after his signing bonus hits our cap.

But that's the kind of deal I'd consider. And only if, as you said, Hill proves to be fully healthy. Robinson can give you a rough facsimile of what Watkins provides right now. Hardman can't do anything close to Hill. You can't trade Hill under any circumstances but you could see a way to move Watkins if the return was right.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:09 AM 10-01-2019
Now that we know we can put up 34 points without Mahomes throwing a single touchdown, should we look to trade him?? Think of the haul we could get!
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

You can put this firmly in the 'would never happen' camp, but if the Saints would talk on Lattimore for Watkins, I'd listen. His '18 was off from his '17 season and until this week he'd been among the worst CBs in football in '19. But the talent is immense and he showed as a rookie that he can be a genuine #1 corner. With another cheap year on the books next season, he'd be awfully nice to have around.

But A) that's not the kind of trade teams ever make (player for player; especially not major players mid-season) and B) I think the Saints are in cap hell next season and probably don't want to carry Watkins figure, even the reduced figure after his signing bonus hits our cap.

But that's the kind of deal I'd consider. And only if, as you said, Hill proves to be fully healthy. Robinson can give you a rough facsimile of what Watkins provides right now. Hardman can't do anything close to Hill. You can't trade Hill under any circumstances but you could see a way to move Watkins if the return was right.
Everything we're doing is thru the prism of beating New England and other good teams in late January and Feb.

I don't think Robinson or Hardman are ready to be the #2 guy. So no, I'd just deal away draft picks for a CB if they think they need to.

I still also think a 3rd for Geno Atkins would be a huge help.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:13 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I don't support any trade that involves sending a productive player away. The point is to get stronger, not just reorganize our strengths. If you want to mortgage the future with draft picks, so be it. I personally think it's a mistake, but I won't complain in February. May? sure. February? No.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:15 AM 10-01-2019
Straight up for Ramsey???
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:15 AM 10-01-2019
Tyreek good, Direckshun pooed
[Reply]
jettio 11:19 AM 10-01-2019
Reid, Toub, Bieniemy and Veach would not trade somebody like DRob that does his work and fits in well with his teammates.
[Reply]
scho63 11:20 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Now that we know we can put up 34 points without Mahomes throwing a single touchdown, should we look to trade him?? Think of the haul we could get!
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I don't support any trade that involves sending a productive player away. The point is to get stronger, not just reorganize our strengths. If you want to mortgage the future with draft picks, so be it. I personally think it's a mistake, but I won't complain in February. May? sure. February? No.
This.

You don't pay off credit cards with credit cards. Get better, don't just move your problem somewhere else.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:28 AM 10-01-2019
We could trade DRob
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:30 AM 10-01-2019
I’d trade Tyreek for John Ross
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up