ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 140
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
stumppy 11:58 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by xztop123:
Reason I don’t like this:

Seahawks have a great gm and coaching staff and they need pass rushers badly.

Why would they move on from this guy if he’s good? They have more info on him than we do.
Too many other players to pay.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:58 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
See? When you say it out loud, it gets real retarded real fast.
The issue is what we got for Ford, not what we spent for Clark.

I don't like the 1st round pick being gone either, but the Chiefs landed a premier player.

All of a sudden that Dline is a unit of strength, just like that.

We need playmakers and we don't have 2-3 years to wait for a rookie Edge rusher to grow up.
[Reply]
Steron 11:58 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by xztop123:
Reason I don’t like this:

Seahawks have a great gm and coaching staff and they need pass rushers badly.

Why would they move on from this guy if he’s good? They have more info on him than we do.

They paid Wilson and couldn't pay Clark?
[Reply]
In58men 11:58 AM 04-23-2019
Chiefs didn’t like what they saw in the 1st round. I like this trade a lot.

Chiefs will continue to prove us wrong when he balls out.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:58 AM 04-23-2019
we’ve known for weeks that 29 is a barren wasteland with 2nd rd talent available. I get not liking the compensation bc I don’t either, but Frank Clark is GOOD.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:59 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Look, I wasn't a fan of the idea of Clark. I'm leery of his off the field issues.

If you take that concern away, there's nothing to dislike here.

He's going to be 26 years old. He's a good all-around DE. He's a stud pass rusher. This isn't a one year fix, he'll be here for 3-4 years, and if we win a Super Bowl or two in that frame, he'll be a big part of that.

We had the cap space to do it. There wasn't going to be a guy at #29 with this sort of impact.

We still have two 2's and a higher 3rd now.

Would you really rather have like...drafted Jaylon Ferguson at #29?

Come on now. I'm worried about the off the field stuff. Nothing else to dislike here.
I don't really care about the contract. But with that trade comp, we could have easily traded up and we could spend our $25m elsewhere. I can't understand for the life of me why we had to give up a second. We got fleeced.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:59 AM 04-23-2019

Frank Clark has put forth three consecutive seasons with at least 56 pressures in Seattle and finished last season with a career-high overall grade of 77.4. https://t.co/HUyyZsl7RS

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
stumppy 11:59 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
It's not just about sacks. He plays the run well and stays on the field healthy.
And other teams won't be targeting Clark with the run like they did Ford.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:59 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I wonder what chris Jones must be thinking right now? I bet he doesn’t re sign now. He sees Vlark get a mega deal but Veach won’t re sign one of his own
Bullshit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:59 AM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well....there goes my dream of Tillery or Adderley. At this rate....we'll draft a WR and RB in the 2nd round.

Yeah well, at this rate that's not the worst idea in the world.

I'd like a CB, personally, but We certainly filled a major hole with a sure thing stud pass rusher.

Can't wait to see how many of you fuckers are wearing Clark jerseys by October.
[Reply]
Athis 11:59 AM 04-23-2019
Last year he had 41 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, 13 sacks and three forced fumbles.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:00 PM 04-23-2019
Making a big splash

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:00 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

I love it.

This team needs to load up on studs to make a push.

Also, some of you are just :-) :-)

Fucking celebrate trash signings like Attouchu while lambasting the acquisition of a real impact player.....JFC guys.

Newsflash: Real talent costs real assets.
This x 1000.

We just added a 25 year old Uber stud and all people care about is “OMG VEACH SUCKS AT TRADES”.

Guess what: we still have two seconds in a good second round. The chances that 29 becomes a guy as half as good as Clark are slim to none, and we’re trying to win now, so....
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:00 PM 04-23-2019
The worst part about this is have we really improved as a defense all that much? If we're doing a scheme transition, and if that causes confusion problems in the first year for many of the players, what's the point of moving heaven and earth to get a guy right now to fill a hole?

Why don't we fucking draft somebody and let them develop while the other guys on defense make the transition?

For fuck's sake. The defense is going to suck. With or without Clark. It's still going to fucking suck this year.

Clark is there... we suck. We draft some guys... we suck. The difference is in one situation we get the benefit of cheap players 3-4 years down the line in the initial stages of the Mahomes extension. In the other situation we're paying $20 million each year to one guy over the course of that time.

I'm pretty pissed. We eventually have to stop this revolving door of GMs, but at this point I really fucking hate Veach. He's goddamn clueless.

Carl, Pioli, and even Dorsey to some extent at least were able to put up the veil of walking away from a deal. They weren't afraid of inaction, because inaction is the only goddamn bargaining chip a team often has. Veach has none of that. "Buy low, sell high" means nothing to this loser. For as vocal as he is about certain players, he clearly doesn't trust his own ability to navigate a draft board or trust his scouting when Plan A doesn't go the way he planned.

He's horrible. He might be the weakest GM we've had since before Carl.

Other GMs clearly have him pegged as the douche who will give you anything you want.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 12:00 PM 04-23-2019
The draft picks don't bother me so much -- I won't pretend to have watched a ton of Clark like apparently everyone here, and he's CLEARLY regarded in a tier closer to Mack than Ford -- but the money worries me when Jones, Hill and Mahomes are coming. We've just got so many big contracts.

Other than that, my main concern is ending up with yet another guy who doesn't live up to his contract. It's one thing manipulating the cap with guys who are actually worth $15-35m/year but another with a bunch of Houstons and Berrys.

BTW, people would've been happier about this 2 months ago just because the draft is 2 days away. Same for me. That excitement is gone now.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 140
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up