« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>Joker - Warner Bros. movie
Sure-Oz 08:45 AM 04-03-2019
New teaser....I'm intrigued

https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc
[Reply]
Bowser 07:16 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What pushy messenging was supposed to be in this movie?
Or, if PJW doesn't do it for you....

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:17 PM 10-09-2019
What pushy messenging was supposed to be in this movie?
anguish of a fractured mind leading to violence AKA Columbine shooting if you want to stretch it for pussies
[Reply]
Lzen 08:09 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This makes me want to see this movie. From the previews that I have been seeing a lot in the past month, I didn't think I would care that much. But now, it seems that this may be worth checking out.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:22 PM 10-10-2019
Really good movie. Go see it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:06 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
He looks way older than 30.

He actually looks older than 44.
He's about 10 months older than I am. I thought he was at least ten years older.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04:19 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
He's about 10 months older than I am. I thought he was at least ten years older.
He has always looked a bit older than he actually is. Guy has had a crazy life.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:38 PM 10-10-2019
I enjoyed the film. Not what I would consider a 'must see' but it's worth a rental. It did have one of the funniest knock knock jokes that I've heard in quite a while but I'm kind of a sick puppy with my taste in humor.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:41 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I was surprised he was 44. He looks old as shit in this movie.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:07 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
This makes me want to see this movie. From the previews that I have been seeing a lot in the past month, I didn't think I would care that much. But now, it seems that this may be worth checking out.
It's not a super hero movie. Some don't realize that and trash it. Some wanted more action. More "stuff" to happen. More Batman etc. etc.

It doesn't make it crystal clear when reality is occurring and when its in the Jokers mind. You figure it out on your own but the Director assumes your an intelligent being and he doesn't have to put huge blinking signs up when we are in the Jokers mind and when its the movies reality.

This is mainly a movie about one mans decent into his madness and what happens when he looses his grip on reality. It didn't have to be a joker movie. Phoenix's performance of that descent is why you go see this movie.

Actors have said playing a crazy person is too hard because it either comes off as cartoonish or you back off and then it doesn't really show the depth and menace of mental illness. You WILL believe Phoenix is really crazy. Hope someone is checking on his welfare after playing this role.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:31 PM 10-11-2019
So I didnt enjoy the movie. Its not a movie that is enjoyable. Its fascinating? Maybe thats a better word but its a very sad dark film thats main purpose is to spread awareness of self pity and mental illness...and kind of championing it?
[Reply]
-King- 12:23 AM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So I didnt enjoy the movie. Its not a movie that is enjoyable. Its fascinating? Maybe thats a better word but its a very sad dark film thats main purpose is to spread awareness of self pity and mental illness...and kind of championing it?
I don't think that was the main purpose. They just wanted to tell a story
[Reply]
FanXiche 08:17 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
They just wanted to tell a story
Do you think that was their main purpose?
[Reply]
Sorry 10:08 PM 10-13-2019
It's not a super hero movie. Some don't realize that and trash it. Some wanted more action. More "stuff" to happen. More Batman etc. etc.

It doesn't make it crystal clear when reality is occurring and when its in the Jokers mind. You figure it out on your own but the Director assumes your an intelligent being and he doesn't have to put huge blinking signs up when we are in the Jokers mind and when its the movies reality.

This is mainly a movie about one mans decent into his madness and what happens when he looses his grip on reality. It didn't have to be a joker movie. Phoenix's performance of that descent is why you go see this movie.

Actors have said playing a crazy person is too hard because it either comes off as cartoonish or you back off and then it doesn't really show the depth and menace of mental illness. You WILL believe Phoenix is really crazy. Hope someone is checking on his welfare after playing this role.
Phoenix actually says he has no issue after he's done with a role. You should watch some of his interviews, he's totally not into the Hollywood star image.. totally straight shooter
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:04 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And for Chiefs fans, the movie even had a little Gary Glitter to really set the mood.
Well, nevermind:

https://nypost.com/2019/10/14/joker-...ture-releases/
[Reply]
Lprechaun 02:56 PM 10-14-2019
Saw it last weekend. Films like this should wake people up to many things, to some of us it may very well have.
To others unfortunately it's just a movie.
When you see a film where on one hand you can relate to the "bad guy" and on the other you wish this wasnt the reality for some people.
This movie wasnt just entertainment, it was an outstanding film that hopefully means more going forward.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up