ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Netflix: Lost in Space
stumppy 03:37 PM 04-13-2018
Didn't see a thread about it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80104198

Dropped today, I'm going to have to give it a go. Robot looks cool as hell.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:53 PM 10-05-2019
I couldn't get past turning Dr. Smith in to a woman. I know, bad on me...
[Reply]
PHOG 07:58 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
That does make one sit back, and think, wth?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:19 PM 10-07-2019
Pft, she did a great job with that role.

This might be enough to get me back on Netflix. Dropped it due to lack of interesting content a couple months back.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:12 PM 10-07-2019
That looks better than the first season. I was always a sucker for the original. No matter what I say I'm sure I'll have to watch all of this season too.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:12 AM 10-08-2019

Damn right. If Dr. Smith isn't played by a flaming homosexual, it ain't Lost in Space, by God.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:02 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Damn right. If Dr. Smith isn't played by a flaming homosexual, it ain't Lost in Space, by God.
Kinda makes you wonder what the parents were thinking. Always leaving Will alone with Dr. Smith. The original character in the black and white episodes would have been thrown out of the airlock.
[Reply]
007 12:03 PM 12-07-2019
Looking forward to season two on Christmas Eve
[Reply]
Coyote 09:17 AM 12-13-2019
There are some strange agents at Trona, Ca.
But where many films and series using bizarre terrain have been filmed at the Pinnacles. To include the original Lost In Space:

https://youtu.be/jWjIV2wNdQg

Hagen canyon Jupiter II crash:

https://youtu.be/JPjLmOEUks8

Naval Weapons Center Electronic Warfare ranges are adjacent to trona pinnacles. I used to make daily “Kodak” passes for the weird ohs out there. Some couples never saw me inbound.
[Reply]
banecat 02:10 AM 12-24-2019
I'm just starting season two now. I'll be back after three or four episodes to give some unspoilered opinion
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:17 PM 12-25-2019
Season 2 was pretty good. Not a bad show, all things considered. Although Maureen sometimes seems like the biggest heel on the show the way she's portrayed, and nearly every male character with an iota of power is a villain, while all the female characters are heroes, except for "Smith", who's only bad because she's a victim of circumstances growing up.
[Reply]
banecat 02:35 PM 12-25-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Season 2 was pretty good. Not a bad show, all things considered. Although Maureen sometimes seems like the biggest heel on the show the way she's portrayed, and nearly every male character with an iota of power is a villain, while all the female characters are heroes, except for "Smith", who's only bad because she's a victim of circumstances growing up.
Better than the first one. And I liked the first one. Smith is just pure evil. I'm not buying that she's bad because of her family. If she were Judy, or Penny, or even Maureen, she'd still be bad. And her kind of evil is kinda fun to watch
[Reply]
srvy 07:55 PM 12-25-2019
I am to the point they just found the robot. I am debating continuing am a bit bored and sick of Dr Smith. I was curious about the canal through the ocean with the steel bottom. then they jumped off and on to the resolute. Just to much jumping around with little action am a bit disappointed.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:17 AM 12-26-2019
Couldn't make it through Season 2. It was one ridiculous crisis after another. Will touching a claw print from the robot and getting a flashback was the last straw. Had to turn this stupid, annoying, shitty acting, terrible plot and writing show off. Worst reboot ever.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:37 AM 12-26-2019
I've made it through 3 episodes this season. Shitty writing, one contrived situation after another. A killer robot has almost made to your kids and you start singing to get it's attention? JFC. I could go on and on but this thing isn't even worth the effort to trash it.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:49 AM 12-26-2019
I sort of enjoyed the first season, the role reversals bothered me a little however I just decided that this is what we get now. The characters seemed rather flat and didn't really drive the story, they are all paper boats on a river. No chance to change course or control their destiny. Just going along for the ride. Seems to be a major issue with writing today.

Haven't started the second season yet, trying to keep an open mind on it. Still makes no sense to keep someone around (Dr. Smith) that shouldn't be sharing oxygen with anyone else. In the original Lost in Space, they had to change Dr. Smith or he would have been pushed out of the air lock (and realistically should have been). I guess it's like Star Wars, Star Trek or any of the long running science fiction shows; times change and the shows change with it. Maybe not always for the best.

I think I will catch Clownado first. It's supposed to be bad; intentionally bad and sometimes, that's good.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up