ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>AMC's The Terror
SAGA45 04:07 AM 03-29-2018
Im a bit into the second episode but so far I am thoroughly enjoying this show. The tone...even the cinematography is excellent considering the isolated situation of the ships. Also, it is well cast....especially in terms of the two captains....specifically Sir John.

Not sure how to describe it but the writers did a great job of making you feel the mounting hopelessness of the situation. Minus the sub zero temperatures, it's as if you're there.

It's early in the series but there's already been some creepiness that Im assuming is just the tip of the iceberg (pun intended).

Im probably in a minority here that like this series or that have even watched it yet. But so far, thumbs up!
[Reply]
MTG#10 12:20 PM 04-14-2018
Just finished all 10 episodes. Outstanding show.
[Reply]
MTG#10 12:23 PM 04-14-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Getting ready to leave the house, but I'll be checking that out soon BL... its actually a very well done show thus far, easily the most watchable thing going on monday nights

When this bear is finally revealed, it better be a real mother****er, though...

:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 12:30 PM 04-14-2018
I like what they did with the nuns but...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MTG#10 12:44 PM 04-14-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:

Spoiler!
What show are you talking about?

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:49 PM 04-14-2018

Spoiler!
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
What show are you talking about?

Just finished all 10 episodes. Outstanding show.
Which one are you?
[Reply]
MTG#10 01:06 PM 04-14-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Which one are you?
The Terror...I dont remember nuns, monkeys and jukeboxes or Mongolian chefs. I remember one monkey on board but maybe I wasn't paying real close attention to the early episodes.

For anyone who cares, all ten episodes were apparently leaked on usenet/bitorrent, Ive already finished the entire series. I wasn't even aware the show wasn't very far along on AMC until seeing this thread.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:14 PM 04-14-2018
The Terror...I dont remember nuns, monkeys and jukeboxes or Mongolian chefs. I remember one monkey on board but maybe I wasn't paying real close attention to the early episodes.

For anyone who cares, all ten episodes were apparently leaked on usenet/bitorrent, Ive already finished the entire series. I wasn't even aware the show wasn't very far along on AMC until seeing this thread.
Ah, didn't know about the leak. Enjoying it, but not enough to binge instead of waiting.
[Reply]
MTG#10 01:18 PM 04-14-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Ah, didn't know about the leak. Enjoying it, but not enough to binge instead of waiting.
It gets better. Its one of the best new shows Ive watched in several years. Unfortunate they couldn't stretch it more than one season.

I guess AMC pushed out the entire series for its "Premier" customers, that's why you can find all ten episodes online.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/the-terr...rs-1202351519/
[Reply]
listopencil 01:22 PM 04-14-2018

I'm a few episodes in. I still wonder about the tunnel scene because...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MTG#10 01:31 PM 04-14-2018
I'm a few episodes in. I still wonder about the tunnel scene because...

Spoiler!
Okay now I know you're just fucking around...actually I was pretty sure after your first post but Baby Lee confused me. Well played.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:58 PM 04-18-2018
This past monday was the best show so far... the captain is a raging drunk and has surrendered command while trying to detox himself, and of course that bear attack was very well done

Whoever does the score for this is very good at their craft
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:27 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This past monday was the best show so far... the captain is a raging drunk and has surrendered command while trying to detox himself, and of course that bear attack was very well done

Whoever does the score for this is very good at their craft
I binged the entire season on Kodi ....you haven't seen anything yet
[Reply]
OmahaChief 08:19 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I binged the entire season on Kodi ....you haven't seen anything yet
Have been enjoying it and love to hear it only gets better.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:59 PM 04-30-2018
Binged the first 6 episodes that've aired on AMC yesterday. Soooooo good.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:30 PM 10-12-2019
Bumped because I literally cannot believe this thread is only two pages. This series is absolutely nuts and on par with Chernobyl. Frankly I think it's better. The atmosphere, the acting, the suspense, jesus this is some CRIMINALLY underrated television. Should be a 9 on IMDb not ****ing 8.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up