ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Colts Hire Chiefs' Player Personal Chris Ballard
Mr. Laz 05:26 PM 01-29-2017
The #Colts have hired GM Chris Ballard, formerly of the #Chiefs.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 29, 2017

It's also been reported that Ballard might take the Chiefs' ST coach Dave Toub with him.

(I thought it deserved to have it's own thread for the people who aren't around much and will see it in the title.)
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:11 AM 01-03-2019
What's with all the fucking Colts threads?

Is this a Colts board now?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:13 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
While comparing picks is pointless, as has already been pointed out, this team really needs its 2nd round picks to contribute more, especially when he traded picks to get Speaks.

Speaks is definitely a disappointment at this point. That being said, he really hit on Tremon Smith IMHO and the trade for Ward looks like it might pay out.
Speaks just seems like the Dee Ford pick again. I mean I get it. Houston is our biggest cap anchor who turns 30 this month and Dee Ford has had questions about his health, plus his price tag combined with Houston’s potentially means one of these guys is out.

I think we’ll find more clarity on Speaks next year when he’s had a year to get his body ready. Interesting enough he is very similar body wise to Z’Darius Smith from then Ravens.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:16 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Speaks just seems like the Dee Ford pick again. I mean I get it. Houston is our biggest cap anchor who turns 30 this month and Dee Ford has had questions about his health, plus his price tag combined with Houston’s potentially means one of these guys is out.

I think we’ll find more clarity on Speaks next year when he’s had a year to get his body ready.
I get that but a 2nd round pick, especially one you targeted with multiple picks, shouldn't need a year to get his body ready.

As great as Ford is now, only hindsight suggests that was a good 1st round pick.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:22 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I think we’ll find more clarity on Speaks next year when he’s had a year to get his body ready. Interesting enough he is very similar body wise to Z’Darius Smith from then Ravens.
What potential do you see in Speaks? Even with an offseason of losing 20 pounds I still don't see him being wuick enough to be great at OLB. Add 20 pounds and I still don't see him as strong enough to hold up well at DL. He's a tweener that is fine as a 4th round pick. It's unfortunate we took him in the 2nd.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:24 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
What's with all the ****ing Colts threads?

Is this a Colts board now?
We're studying the Colts this week as the only possible Chiefs opponent that we have not yet faced this season .

Do you even Chief, bro??
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:28 AM 01-03-2019
People are actually trying to defend Veach :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 01-03-2019
After 1 year, I don't really know if you can defend or judge either way yet.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:33 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
1.5 years and yea you can. You dont pay an injured player like Watkins that kind of money and hes found literally 0 talent in the secondary. How many years is it supposed to take a "stud" GM to find talent?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
People are actually trying to defend Veach :-)
Pointing out that Veach didn't have any first round picks while Dorsey had TWO isn't a "defense", it's a statement of fact.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:33 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
As far as the draft goes, it's probably not fair considering the circumstances. There is room for improvement as far as his free agency signings, and that's about the nicest thing you can say.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:34 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
1.5 years and yea you can. You dont pay an injured player like Watkins that kind of money and hes found literally 0 talent in the secondary. How many years is it supposed to take a "stud" GM to find talent?
Kendall Fuller?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:38 AM 01-03-2019
Billay being a fucking moron

What else is new?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:44 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Pointing out that Veach didn't have any first round picks while Dorsey had TWO isn't a "defense", it's a statement of fact.
Veach's issue has nothing to do with not having a 1, it's that he used high picks to draft guys that at best would see marginal playing time while having a dumpster fire of a secondary..

He also saw fit to pay Anthony Hitchens like a all pro.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 10:46 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The Colts got extra picks for trading with the Jets for what became Darnold.

Also, the Browns and Colts had tons of holes to fill. Dorsey/Ballard were just more likely to draft immediate contributors.
Plus the 2nd round pick this year will at the very top of the 2nd round.
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Veach's issue has nothing to do with not having a 1, it's that he used high picks to draft guys that at best would see marginal playing time while having a dumpster fire of a secondary..

He also saw fit to pay Anthony Hitchens like a all pro.
It's also that he didn't really use a high pick because he didn't have one.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up