ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Colts Hire Chiefs' Player Personal Chris Ballard
Mr. Laz 05:26 PM 01-29-2017
The #Colts have hired GM Chris Ballard, formerly of the #Chiefs.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 29, 2017

It's also been reported that Ballard might take the Chiefs' ST coach Dave Toub with him.

(I thought it deserved to have it's own thread for the people who aren't around much and will see it in the title.)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:42 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Pagano just signed a four year extension with the Colts a week or three ago.
It's actually a great situation for Ballard.

He goes to team that is talent depleted but with a coach is already in place.

If he provides talent but Pagano can't win, then Ballard can hire "his" guy and likely extend his stay by another 5 years or so.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:43 PM 01-29-2017
Personally, I'm glad he's gone now, as it was inevitable.

The Chiefs don't need this distraction every year, especially this late into the season, when they're preparing for The Combine and setting up their draft boards.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:44 PM 01-29-2017
I'm going be so pissed if Colts get back to the Super Bowl before we get a whiff of it.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Just sayin
[Reply]
bsp4444 05:48 PM 01-29-2017
Can he take Toub with him?
[Reply]
threebag 05:48 PM 01-29-2017
Did anyone see Andy and Dave Toub having a little tiff late in the game vs Steelers? Look like they had a difference of opinion in play calls.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:52 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

The Chiefs don't need this distraction every year, especially this late into the season, when they're preparing for The Combine and setting up their draft boards.
I'm wondering if he will take a scout or two from us and promote them on his staff. I also wonder who is going to replace Ballard on our staff
[Reply]
stumppy 05:55 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I'm going be so pissed if Colts get back to the Super Bowl before we get a whiff of it.

Just sayin
I'd just like to add fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:57 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Teams shouldn't be able to be aloud to ask for permission to speak to coaches that are still in the playoffs.

They should get draft picks taken away.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 05:59 PM 01-29-2017
GODDAMNIT, FUCK YOU INDIANAPOLIS
[Reply]
RunKC 06:01 PM 01-29-2017
Looks like Veach is taking his spot:

Matt Miller

Next in line from Kansas City? Keep an eye on Brett Veach. Has been climbing the ladder there. Great reputation as a scout's scout
[Reply]
Iconic 06:01 PM 01-29-2017
Fuck us on the field and off it. Thanks Colts.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:01 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Teams shouldn't be able to be aloud to ask for permission to speak to coaches that are still in the playoffs.

They should get draft picks taken away.
Teams are allowed to speak to coaches if there's a Bye Week or after teams have been eliminated. For example, the 49ers interviewed Kyle Shanahan during the Falcons Bye but hasn't been allowed to speak to them since, but he's expected to be the new head coach after the Super Bowl.

It would be a disaster to make teams wait until the last week of January to scramble to interview coaches because The Combines are just a few weeks away and teams need time to plan ahead, especially when there's a new offensive and defensive philosophy (not to mention, getting on board with the new owner, GM, etc.).
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:03 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Pagano just signed a four year extension with the Colts a week or three ago.
That was last year. He and Grigson were both extended at the end of last season when everyone thought they were gonna be fired.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:03 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
Can he take Toub with him?
The Colts could hire Toub if they gave him the Assistant Head Coach position.

But unless Pagano is fired, it would seem rather awkward to have Toub on staff because Pagano would be constantly looking over his shoulder.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 06:03 PM 01-29-2017
We will be fine stop panicking this happens to good teams
[Reply]
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up