ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 68
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:42 AM 10-05-2010
Watchmen, while well made is a dour, depressing and too drawn out flick. But thats more the source material than Snyder.

Ironically, it reminded me of Singers Superman a little.....too depressing.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:53 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by frazod:
No, just a typo. Again, **** that movie. And I hate it just a little bit more every time somebody attempts to convince me how wonderful and visionary it is.
That about sums up my own feelings on 300 and Watchmen. It's like I'm supposed to love them because I'm a geek. But at the end of the day they're just not very good.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:54 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Watchmen, while well made is a dour, depressing and too drawn out flick. But thats more the source material than Snyder.

Ironically, it reminded me of Singers Superman a little.....too depressing.
I knew nothing about Watchmen the first time I saw it. I was expecting some cheesy mindless action film and was amazed by how dark, twisted and involved it was. Perhaps that's why I liked it so much.

As for Singer's SUperman - I still can't believe how bad it was, considering the level of talent involved. What a horrible story.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:56 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That about sums up my own feelings on 300 and Watchmen. It's like I'm supposed to love them because I'm a geek. But at the end of the day they're just not very good.
300 was silly and stupid, but fun. But I'd much rather see a well-made film adaptation of Pressfield's Gates of Fire.

As for Watchmen, it is just inconceivable to me that you don't like it.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:22 AM 10-05-2010
**** Dark Knight. Bale's acting was awful, the plot was ridiculously convoluted, the ending sucked, and Maggie Gyllenhaal is uglier than a bulldog's asshole. And Ledger's Joker did nothing for me. And NO, I don't give a **** that he drugged himself to death, nor do I think he deserved an Oscar because of it. My apologies to all of you out there who keep candlelit shrines to the guy in your closets.
I disagree with you on your thoughts about the movie, but that's just differing opinions.

However, I 100% agree with your take on Maggie Gyllenhaal. Good god she is a hideous creature. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:26 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I disagree with you on your thoughts about the movie, but that's just differing opinions.

However, I 100% agree with your take on Maggie Gyllenhaal. Good god she is a hideous creature. :-)
I think pretty much all of us can agree on that. Apparently they tried to get the ugliest actress in Hollywood, and since Sarah Jessica Parker wasn't available, the settled on Gyllenhaal.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:31 AM 10-05-2010
As for Watchmen, it is just inconceivable to me that you don't like it.
It just left me feeling flat. Stylistically I loved the way it looked, but I just didn't get anything out of the movie itself. I've never even felt the desire to see it a second time, which for me is as much of a sign that I don't like something as there is. Movies I like I'll watch over and over (in the theater with some, I'm not even talking about at home). Dark Knight I saw four times on the big screen. Ditto for Batman Begins. I think I saw Avatar five times. I'm not really moved by reviews (although I read them) or by popular opinion, either. I'm not going to go see something a bunch because somebody else likes it...

As far as Dark Knight goes, I just like the movie, although I don't think it's some kind of religious experience or high point in cinema. I just enjoyed the sum of the parts. Everything worked for me and I'm enthusiastic to see the final act of the trilogy.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:37 AM 10-05-2010
I loved Watchmen. I loved The Dark Knight more. I have confidence in Snyder. I have complete, total, fucking, undying faith in Nolan. I don't give a shit about Superman.
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:38 AM 10-05-2010
It just left me feeling flat. Stylistically I loved the way it looked, but I just didn't get anything out of the movie itself. I've never even felt the desire to see it a second time, which for me is as much of a sign that I don't like something as there is. Movies I like I'll watch over and over (in the theater with some, I'm not even talking about at home). Dark Knight I saw four times on the big screen. Ditto for Batman Begins. I think I saw Avatar five times. .
Heh. I've watched Watchmen like seven times.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:39 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Heh. I've watched Watchmen like seven times.
Err, good for you. I guess...?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:47 AM 10-05-2010
i like Snyders Dawn of the Dead remake and 300. Havent seen Owls of Gahooh....or whatever its called.....Sucker Punch looks interesting.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:48 AM 10-05-2010
Don't even get me started on Dances With Blue Aliens. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:49 AM 10-05-2010
Err, good for you. I guess...?
Perhaps I'll watch it again tonight, just to piss you off. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:56 AM 10-05-2010
Perhaps I'll watch it again tonight, just to piss you off. :-)
Ill go watch my 4 hour cut of Dune. : )
[Reply]
Frazod 09:58 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Ill go watch my 4 hour cut of Dune. : )
:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 68
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up