ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 68
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:55 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by bowener:
Watchmen is not better, unless you are referring to the original comic series... then yes, it is better than most comics ever written.

The movie... no.
Never even knew about the comics before the movie came out. I've never seen one. But that movie was fantastic. I liked it better than Batman Begins, and much better than the eternally overhyped and overrated Dark Knight.
[Reply]
Pushead2 12:12 AM 01-31-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
Never even knew about the comics before the movie came out. I've never seen one. But that movie was fantastic. I liked it better than Batman Begins, and much better than the eternally overhyped and overrated Dark Knight.
Dark Knight was certainly not over rated. Watchmen comics kicked ass, movie sucked balls....
[Reply]
KcMizzou 12:16 AM 01-31-2011
Meh, personal tastes. I loved both.
[Reply]
bowener 12:22 AM 01-31-2011
Dark knight is superior. I wanted to love watchmen with a mega hard boner, but just couldn't. The only thing in it that let me rewatch it once was the fact that Dr. Manhattan is awesome no matter what media he is portrayed in... though comic form is better since it allows for the author to break time down in an awesome fucking way... but just to see that blue being do awesome shit is always cool.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:30 AM 01-31-2011
I didn't particularly like Watchmen the first time I saw it, and I liked it even less a few weeks ago on HBO. It's very interesting visually and stylistically, and you can see the comic's frames almost slavishly translated on screen, but it just doesn't work for me as a movie. I didn't like the flow of it; the whole thing felt flat to me.

It's sort of like a playboy centerfold. Very plastic and shiny and pretty to look at, but once they start talking, I lose interest.

300 was much the same for me. Which is why I'm concerned with Superman. Snyder is, to me, the embodiment of 'style over substance'. I'm hoping Nolan can balance that out a little.

(And maybe Snyder will help with what some people consider to be Nolan's weakness in the Batman movies, the action sequences.)

The two Batman movies I loved, particularly the second. They're to me the first films that really started to take the step from "comic book movie" to "film", and it's looking like we'll see Marvel's first steps in that direction this summer with both Thor and Captain America (although the last Hulk was more along those lines).

(That's not counting Road to Perdition as a comic book movie...)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:57 AM 01-31-2011
The main reason I loved Watchmen so much was because I knew nothing about it going in, and was therefore expecting some silly our-group-of-heroes-vs.-their-group-of-bad-guys thing, and was totally blown away by a story that was anything and everything but that.

As for Dark Knight, I found it to be ridiculously overblown and convoluted. Bale's performance was one-dimensional and shitty, Maggie Gyllenhaal is uglier than a bulldog's asshole, Ledger's Joker annoyed me, and I absolutely hated the ending. And everytime somebody tries to prop it up as the comic movie equivalent of Citizen Kane, I dislike it just a little bit more. Not only do I vastly prefer Batman Begins to Dark Knight, but I think BOTH Burton Batman movies are better. Although obviously Dark Knight is better than the other two.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:03 AM 01-31-2011
Anybody see Snyders Owl movie? Legend of the Guardians?

I watched it with the kids and thought it was flat and somewhat boring. Dude has style to spare, but his stories fall flat....Im hoping he bounces back with Sucker Punch, but who knows?

I liked HIs Dawn of the Dead remake and 300, but since 300 he seems to be copying himself stylistically.
[Reply]
Frankie 12:07 PM 01-31-2011
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think he was originally up to play Superman in SR but when Singer took over, he went for Brandon Routh, saying Cavill was too young, or something along those lines.
That too.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:34 PM 01-31-2011
Watchmen>>Batman Begins>..........................Dark Knight>>>>>>your stupid ass
You, sir, have terrible taste in movies.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:37 PM 01-31-2011
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
No, I'm just not a fucking sheep and I think for myself. Thank you for playing.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:07 PM 01-31-2011
No, I'm just not a ****ing sheep and I think for myself. Thank you for playing.
Just because my thoughts on the movie falls in line with popular opinion doesn't mean I'm a sheep; I just recognize what a bore that trash movie is. I literally got bored watching the previews for that steaming pile of gonorrhea-infested horse shit.

What, if I may ask, was so interesting and gripping about the plot of Watchmen?
[Reply]
Frankie 02:14 PM 01-31-2011
...and asses too, evidently.

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:17 PM 01-31-2011
Just because my thoughts on the movie falls in line with popular opinion doesn't mean I'm a sheep; I just recognize what a bore that trash movie is. I literally got bored watching the previews for that steaming pile of gonorrhea-infested horse shit.

For starters, how completely different it was from every other comic book superhero movie, most of which are complete shit.

Tell me what's so interesting and gripping about Dark Knight except for BIG AND SHINY and LOTS OF EXPLOSIONS and HEATH LEDGER'S DEAD AND WE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVED HIM IN BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN?
[Reply]
Frazod 02:19 PM 01-31-2011
Originally Posted by Frankie:
...and asses too, evidently.

:-)
I guess the ass would be okay, assuming she'd be facing the other way while I was looking at it.
[Reply]
bowener 02:19 PM 01-31-2011

Wild guess here, but since he has the Comedian as his Avatar, the use of violence and blunt language???
[Reply]
Page 10 of 68
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up