ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Daly is a Trojan horse
BossChief 02:30 PM 10-13-2019
Took a lateral move to a competitor and we had high hopes, but it’s clear as day our new DL coach/run defense coordinator is a huge downgrade from a bad unit last year. By now, we should at least be seeing some improvement. We are seeing regression.

This run defense is going to prevent us from making the playoffs.

I think this guy is a Trojan horse.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:14 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'd say it more about Jones being out, and Clark and Ogbah both playing with undisclosed injuries from last week (remember that point in the Indy game when every starter on the d-line was out injured - eventually Clark came back out).

Although I do keep waiting to see this stunting, twisting NASCAR approach start showing up up front, but it's just not happening. It feels like it's all safety blitzes so far.
Not trying to :-) you here keg, but even IF Jones played the defense still would have played the same. Jones still underperforms in the run defense.

What this is, is our defensive drafts coming back to haunt Reid/Veach. You can't keep missing on those defensive picks year after year and expect FAs and new coaches to be the fix all. It just doesn't happen that way. Jones is the only real defensive draft pick that has lived up to his pick and like I said he still sucks at defending the run.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:31 PM 10-13-2019
It is quite clear that the mastermind behind the Pats D is Belicheck. Hiring away his coaches is fools gold and this time Reid was the fool.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:44 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Not trying to :-) you here keg, but even IF Jones played the defense still would have played the same. Jones still underperforms in the run defense.

What this is, is our defensive drafts coming back to haunt Reid/Veach. You can't keep missing on those defensive picks year after year and expect FAs and new coaches to be the fix all. It just doesn't happen that way. Jones is the only real defensive draft pick that has lived up to his pick and like I said he still sucks at defending the run.
I still don't much care about the run defense. Maybe we actually touch the quarterback at some point today if Jones can play. It was way, way too easy for them to convert some key downs today, and they were virtually all passes. Talk about his lack of discipline against the run all you want, the one thing he can do better than anyone else on this team is collapse the pocket, and it's not even close

In any case I didn't say it was just because Jones was out. I said it was because Jones was out and several other guys were, I believe, playing hurt.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:45 PM 10-13-2019
Losses make this forum say some crazy shit lol fucking hell...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:21 PM 10-13-2019
OP needs to read history book to figure out what a Trojan horse is.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up