ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>AMC's The Terror
SAGA45 04:07 AM 03-29-2018
Im a bit into the second episode but so far I am thoroughly enjoying this show. The tone...even the cinematography is excellent considering the isolated situation of the ships. Also, it is well cast....especially in terms of the two captains....specifically Sir John.

Not sure how to describe it but the writers did a great job of making you feel the mounting hopelessness of the situation. Minus the sub zero temperatures, it's as if you're there.

It's early in the series but there's already been some creepiness that Im assuming is just the tip of the iceberg (pun intended).

Im probably in a minority here that like this series or that have even watched it yet. But so far, thumbs up!
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:41 PM 10-12-2019
I like season a little bit more than this season but Im still enjoying it. Big fan of Asian horror films so this season was just what the doctor ordered.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:14 PM 10-15-2019
Haven't watched the 2nd season. Just didn't grab me.

The 1st was outstanding.

Jared Harris is the reason I watched it after his turn in Mad Men. And his performance in The Terror is why I watched Chernobyl.

Just an excellent actor.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:29 AM 10-16-2019
Had no idea they were making this into an anthology and there is a second season.

I agree completely with DJ.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:37 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Haven't watched the 2nd season. Just didn't grab me.

The 1st was outstanding.

Jared Harris is the reason I watched it after his turn in Mad Men. And his performance in The Terror is why I watched Chernobyl.

Just an excellent actor.
He's great in the first season of the Expanse.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:52 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
He's great in the first season of the Expanse.
Yes.

He's a terrific actor and a real chameleon. There have been several times I've seen him and had to go, "Wait, that's Jared Harris!"
[Reply]
eDave 01:03 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Yes.

He's a terrific actor and a real chameleon. There have been several times I've seen him and had to go, "Wait, that's Jared Harris!"
TIL: His father is Richard Harris.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:06 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
TIL: His father is Richard Harris.
I know, but he doesn't look like him (or really sound like him ... probably hasn't drank enough).
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up