ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Chris Jones working towards a long term deal. .
DTVietnam 06:19 AM 04-03-2020
not sure how valid this source is. .

The #Chiefs are planning to keep DL Chris Jones.

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

The #Chiefs & Jones will work towards a long-term deal even though it will be very tough. Both sides have interest. Let’s see what happens.

News came from @AdamSchefter

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 04:52 PM 04-05-2020
He’ll be the highest paid guy til the next guy gets his deal
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:26 PM 04-05-2020
I’m wondering if this is based on economics.

The NFL is negotiating new TV deals in what looks to be a fairly protracted and/or deep recession, and there may be no/little in stadium revenue for 2020.

I think you extend Jones banking on a big 2021 salary cap increase at your peril.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:34 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

The NFL is negotiating new TV deals in what looks to be a fairly protracted and/or deep recession, and there may be no/little in stadium revenue for 2020.

I think you extend Jones banking on a big 2021 salary cap increase at your peril.
Assholes are puckered
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:59 PM 04-05-2020

I dont know how we keep everybody
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:00 PM 04-05-2020

Stadium revenue is a mere fraction of the current $11 billion dollar TV contracts. Merchandise is still selling.

Regardless of what happens to the economy, sports broadcasts are recession-proof. People aren't going to turn off their TV's on Saturdays and Sundays because the economy isn't doing well and in fact, it's the polar opposite.

There's absolutely no rush at this point to sign Chris Jones. The Chiefs are Cap Compliant and most likely have enough to sign their rookies before TC begins.

If Jones isn't signed by July 14th, then yeah, it might get a little dicey but the Chiefs will still be Cap Compliant, even if they're carrying $16 million for Jones this season.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:01 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I dont know how we keep everybody
Who are the Chiefs going to lose now? As of today?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:09 PM 04-05-2020
Jones deal just seems unlikely.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:15 PM 04-05-2020
If they find a way to televise Football games this season, it will likely be the most watched season in history.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:16 PM 04-05-2020
If they can't get him signed by the deadline then they fucked up. I guess the new CBA makes holdouts less likely, but he won't be happy and we'll just go through this all over again next year at which point he'll be more expensive and eventually it could be cost prohibitive to even franchise him again.
[Reply]
eDave 06:48 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If they find a way to televise Football games this season, it will likely be the most watched season in history.
With no crowds?

sounds awful.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:58 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Who are the Chiefs going to lose now? As of today?
Fair assessment. As of today we have our core of studs. no reason to be a chicken little just yet.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:08 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Making Jones highest paid would be a mistake.
That doesn’t mean that him or Pat would be “the highest paid” players any time soon. It would only be in overall money, not in a year-by-year basis. It would be at least 3 years away for both which means players will come off the books freeing up money and the cap will rise.

You look at this the wrong way, but that’s no surprise
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:40 PM 04-05-2020
Can you trade for future draft picks. Not knowing if there will even be a college football season
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:49 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DanT:
Exactly. Veach spends his money well. I love having him as our GM.
Yeah, that Hitchens contract was incredible.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:00 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Jones deal just seems unlikely.
It doesn't matter.

He'll either play for the Chiefs this season or he'll be traded for draft picks.

And considering that there are a number of guys that need medical re-checks but aren't allowed to have team physicals, it would be better to hang on to Jones for the 2020 season under the Tag instead of trading him for unknowns.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up