ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Chris Jones working towards a long term deal. .
DTVietnam 06:19 AM 04-03-2020
not sure how valid this source is. .

The #Chiefs are planning to keep DL Chris Jones.

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

The #Chiefs & Jones will work towards a long-term deal even though it will be very tough. Both sides have interest. Let’s see what happens.

News came from @AdamSchefter

— Chiefs Daily (@chiefsdaily15) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
Chargem 03:02 PM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Have their been any developments on this front, folks? Don’t feel like reading 100 posts.

Rep to any useful answers.
From Nate Taylor's Q&A on The Athletic, published yesterday:

Originally Posted by :
Is there any chance that Chris Jones enters next season still on the franchise tag? — Evan W.

The odds of that, I believe, are still low. The Chiefs are entering the next natural deadline to reach a conclusion with Jones with the start of the draft just 13 days away. As I’ve reported before, Jones doesn’t want to play next season on the franchise tag, a one-year salary of $16.1 million, since he desires long-term financial security. The Chiefs have expressed a desire to sign Jones to an extension, although one source last month described the ongoing negotiations as “neutral.”

The Chiefs still need to create more salary cap space ahead of the draft, and the team could add more flexibility in two ways. An extension with Jones would lower his cap hit for next season. Or they could trade Jones, likely ahead of the draft, to free up $16.1 million. Last year, the Chiefs acquired star defensive end Frank Clark, who was franchised-tagged by the Seattle Seahawks, just two days before the start of the draft.
Basically, no news.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:25 PM 04-12-2020

Sending positive vibes y'all way! Happy Easter! I love you all

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) April 12, 2020

[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:32 PM 04-12-2020
16 mil but he needs financial security. Gawd athletes live in another universe compared to ordinary people.
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 07:40 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
16 mil but he needs financial security. Gawd athletes live in another universe compared to ordinary people.
Yeah but after taxes... :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:48 PM 04-12-2020
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:14 PM 04-12-2020
Jones is looking at a 100+ million deal, somewhere no doubt.

Settling for 16, in a sport where each snap could be your last, its playing withh fire to sign the tag.

Hes not being selfish or stupid. Hes gotta get his guaranteed money that hes worked hiss ass off for, and frankly, earned.

I have zero ill will if he walks or demands trade.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 11:57 PM 04-12-2020
You know how much insurance cost on a Ferrari?
[Reply]
BossChief 12:10 AM 04-13-2020
No reason for KC to rush into signing a deal with huge guaranteed money and a big signing bonus when we might not even have a season. Lots can change for better or worse between now and June 15th.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:10 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
No reason for KC to rush into signing a deal with huge guaranteed money and a big signing bonus when we might not even have a season. Lots can change for better or worse between now and June 15th.
The only problem is, apparently he won't play on the tag so its extension or trade - If they are going to trade him, surely you want it to be before the draft rather than after.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:07 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
July 15th
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:28 AM 04-13-2020
They do. And you know who lives in another universe compared to them?

Owners.

I will never understand people complaining about the millionaires, when the alternative is billionaires pocketing more money.

Modern sports revenue isn't even driven by gate receipts and concessions, like it was in days in the past. Especially in the NFL, it is about TV and ad money. So it's not like paying Chris Jones - or anyone - is taking money out of fans' pockets. You pay for it by watching the games live and viewing commercials.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:30 AM 04-13-2020
Jones will be traded for a single first round pick 29 hours prior to the draft, mark it down.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:31 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They do. And you know who lives in another universe compared to them?

Owners.

I will never understand people complaining about the millionaires, when the alternative is billionaires pocketing more money.

Modern sports revenue isn't even driven by gate receipts and concessions, like it was in days in the past. Especially in the NFL, it is about TV and ad money. So it's not like paying Chris Jones - or anyone - is taking money out of fans' pockets. You pay for it by watching the games live and viewing commercials.
No matter how many times this is said, there are people who will never get it. It mainly comes down to the average fan doesn't see themselves comparable to an owner, they compare them to the rich guy that owns their company, they think the players are employees just like them and then they get super jealous...and here we are.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:39 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Jones will be traded for a single first round pick 29 hours prior to the draft, mark it down.
Yeah, I'm kind of leaning towards it coming down to this as well at this point.

I DO think the Chiefs WANT to keep him long term, but I think Jones and his agent are asking for too much money and they're not willing to tie up another $20 mil. + per year in another D-Linemen.

I think it will happen around 48 hours before the draft and the Chiefs will either get a late first or an early second with another pick packaged with that.

We'll see, I guess . . . . . . .
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:55 AM 04-13-2020
I think for teams with holes they really need to fill, the draft picks are a bigger risk this year than others.

I think if anything, this makes a sure bet impact player is more valuable, not less.

IF we're going to move Jones, I expect the compensation will be high.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up