ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who had the greatest QB TD run in NFL History?
Lamar Jackson vs. the Titans 2 2.63%
Patrick Mahomes vs. the Titans 44 57.89%
Steve Bono says, "Hold my beer" vs. the Cards 28 36.84%
Gaz, who scored 4 TDs for the Polk High School Panthers 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Greatest QB TD Run in NFL History?
Dartgod 08:46 AM 01-13-2021
I've seen Lamar Jackson's TD run against the Titans referred to as "the greatest QB TD run in NFL history" numerous times this week.

It was pretty impressive, but I seem to remember a certain QB run in the AFC Championship game last year, ironically also against the Titans.

Here they both are, plus a bonus run for you to vote on.

[Reply]
Rain Man 09:21 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Vick vs the Vikings.
That one popped into my mind as a candidate. Lamar Jackson can only dream of that kind of speed.

And Scorpio, I had to thumb you down for making an offensive post.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:23 AM 01-13-2021
As CoMo said - Vick's TD run was impressive. It was the first time I remember seeing a QB run, and he was so fast he made all defenders look like they were running in quicksand:

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:23 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
that was fun

CP thread exploded with laughter after that
This spawned one of the best memes I have ever seen.

pic.twitter.com/8ydaxiiWIb

— Skeeter (@Skeeter696969) October 23, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:24 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Im not putting Mahomes or Jacksons up there as the greatest. Both impressive. Mahomes kind of gets it on a lack of effort/ decieving athleticism. Jacksons was physically impressive from a speed standpoint, like comparing Hardmans big return last year to one of Dante Halls freak returns. Winning with sheer speed isnt as impressive as making 6 guys miss.
This. Lamar's ability to escape the pocket was impressive and then the pure speed after that.... there's obvious Mahomes bias, but it wss more impressive in terms of getting into the endzone.
[Reply]
DawgDays 09:30 AM 01-13-2021
Thanks.

Gotcha. The contrast definitely exposes the drive-by sports media and their race to declare every Lamar play as "godly". Wake me up when he can play like a real QB for more than one series at a time.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:31 AM 01-13-2021
I was looking for a Fran Tarkenton TD run and discovered Mahomes style is very similar to Frans.

https://youtu.be/zoNEZL-kUuk
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:33 AM 01-13-2021
The Mahomes Run vs the Titans is right up there with the David Freese triple in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series for most excited I’ve ever gotten during and after a play.

Both times I leaped up out of my chair and started jumping around and screaming like a maniac.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:34 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DawgDays:
Thanks.

Gotcha. The contrast definitely exposes the drive-by sports media and their race to declare every Lamar play as "godly". Wake me up when he can play like a real QB for more than one series at a time.
Modern media has nearly forgotten Randall Cunningham

https://youtu.be/cnHN7XPbVJ8
[Reply]
digger 09:48 AM 01-13-2021
Had Bono's "run" been in a playoff game that could be number one...
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 09:50 AM 01-13-2021
I mean, which one do you think is going to win on this website?
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:58 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Modern media has nearly forgotten Randall Cunningham

https://youtu.be/cnHN7XPbVJ8
Nice run, but didn't find the endzone.
[Reply]
ping2000 09:58 AM 01-13-2021
On the Bono run the announcer started to say Dave Kreig before he corrected himself.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:04 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The Mahomes Run vs the Titans is right up there with the David Freese triple in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series for most excited I’ve ever gotten during and after a play.

Both times I leaped up out of my chair and started jumping around and screaming like a maniac.
The Mahomes Run is right there with Salvy's hit in the playoff game vs the A's for me.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:06 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
As CoMo said - Vick's TD run was impressive. It was the first time I remember seeing a QB run, and he was so fast he made all defenders look like they were running in quicksand:

Made it look like a high school football game.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:06 AM 01-13-2021
The only thing impressive about the Bono play is how big of an idiot Buddy Ryan was sending an all out 11 man run blitz in an attempt to stop Marcus Allen from getting a first down. Ubeja Vontell could have crawled 75 yards for the touchdown on that play.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up