ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 207
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
O.city 07:41 PM 03-28-2018
Picked up a bottle of Jefferson’s Cabernet cask earlier with a gift card from my office staff

Surprisingly had enough left over on it for a few cigars
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:01 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
If anyone here can locate a Blanton’s with dumped on date of 1-23-18, I’ll pay you more than it’s worth.

Xoxo
Lewdog
Somehow I missed this post with your specific date. Yesterday, my beer store guy told me that he could probably get whatever dump date I was looking for. I'll walk over today and ask about 1/23/18 and report back.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 06:21 AM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Where did you find it in Joplin? I have looked a few places this week and hadn't found any yet.
MacAdoodles, they sell out quickly.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:55 PM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Somehow I missed this post with your specific date. Yesterday, my beer store guy told me that he could probably get whatever dump date I was looking for. I'll walk over today and ask about 1/23/18 and report back.
Hoo Boy!

That’s a good relationship you’ve got there. You must spend a lot of money there. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:44 PM 03-30-2018
Hoo Boy!

That’s a good relationship you’ve got there. You must spend a lot of money there. :-)
Don’t I know it. Anywho, he has a 12/6 and a 2/2 on hand, but knows someone with a 1/23. Apparently they keep a running spreadsheet with who has what bottles specially for this type of thing (wtf?). Said he’d text me when he finds it. You bourbon folks make beer folks look mild.

Also, any thoughts on Wathen’s? Sampled their single barrel and barrel proof while I was in today and really enjoyed the sweetness of it.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:00 PM 03-30-2018
Don’t I know it. Anywho, he has a 12/6 and a 2/2 on hand, but knows someone with a 1/23. Apparently they keep a running spreadsheet with who has what bottles specially for this type of thing (wtf?). Said he’d text me when he finds it. You bourbon folks make beer folks look mild.

Also, any thoughts on Wathen’s? Sampled their single barrel and barrel proof while I was in today and really enjoyed the sweetness of it.
Holy shit, a spreadsheet! That’s fantastic stuff. :-)

Thanks for looking out.

Never had it but if you like it, drink it. I like some heavy corn mashes for the sweetness. Always can read reviews too. But as I said, if you like it, that’s all that matters.

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/wath...le-barrel.html
[Reply]
ILChief 07:03 AM 03-31-2018
If you want to try an inexpensive bourbon that is pretty good, try Larceny. About $25 per bottle
[Reply]
lewdog 09:44 AM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
If you want to try an inexpensive bourbon that is pretty good, try Larceny. About $25 per bottle
Love Larceny! It’s great. Very strong banana taste to me and more unique than many higher priced bourbon.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:30 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Thanks for this today.

Enjoying during the b-ball games.
Attached: B20572BE-9100-4F81-B16B-A02382108BBD.jpg (86.7 KB) 
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:49 PM 03-31-2018
Hoo Boy!

Ok, excuse my stupidity but what's a dumped on date and why is it special?

FWIW Blanton's is our Derby bourbon so I'm curious. I just checked the bottle we have for May and its dumped on date is 7/20/17. Now you have me and the Mrs curious.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:51 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Ok, excuse my stupidity but what's a dumped on date and why is it special?

FWIW Blanton's is our Derby bourbon so I'm curious. I just checked the bottle we have for May and its dumped on date is 7/20/17. Now you have me and the Mrs curious.
Just the day they took the aged barrel and bottled it.

I’m looking for a date that matches my son’s birthday. In 21 years, I’ll gift him that bottle. Just sentimental bullshit here. :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:56 PM 03-31-2018

I’m looking for a date that matches my son’s birthday. In 21 years, I’ll gift him that. Just sentimental bullshit here.
Very awesome idea. Unfortunately our normal liquor store quit carrying it so we have a hard time getting it. They keep their expensive stuff in a locked up glass case so I'll look when I'm there on Monday.

I still need to make a setting for the wife's toppers. She has the whole set. I should have done that over the winter.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:58 PM 03-31-2018

I’m looking for a date that matches my son’s birthday. In 21 years, I’ll gift him that bottle. Just sentimental bullshit here. :-)
He’s going to find it as a 16 year old and use it to make whiskey Mt. Dew’s with his buds while you’re on a well deserved weekend getaway with his mom. Welcome to parenthood :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:01 PM 03-31-2018
He’s going to find it as a 16 year old and use it to make whiskey Mt. Dew’s with his buds while you’re on a well deserved weekend getaway with his mom. Welcome to parenthood :-)
LOL:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:12 PM 03-31-2018
:-)

So true.

I remember slowly siphoning bourbon into a plastic bottle out of my dad’s bottles over months and month in high school. After months sitting in plastic, you’re only choice not to taste ass was mixing with Mountain Dew. :-).
[Reply]
Page 67 of 207
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up