ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 207
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:58 PM 11-04-2017
Drinking some Bulleit the orange one. It's surprisingly good!
[Reply]
KCTitus 07:37 PM 11-04-2017
Originally Posted by OmahaChief:
Yeah, I am not sure what exactly it is. I have mostly had Pappy 15. I don't like the start I think is the issue, it starts a little bitter to me. For some reason Maker's hits the spot for me. When looking at them by cost, Makers is just a better buy for in regard to my palate. Eagle 17 is my favorite but I have not been able to get my hands on a bottle in some time. I do enjoy Buffalo Trace as well.
yeah, I understand...an initial bite can be off putting, and Makers is pretty sweet, almost too sweet for me throughout. I do like a little kick, which is why I've started to move to scotch...

Bourbons today are almost candy compared to a single malt. It makes sense, though, if you comparing sweetness...by far Makers is pretty sweet, almost as much so as Eagle Rare, which I find pretty sweet.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:12 PM 11-04-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
Drinking some Bulleit the orange one. It's surprisingly good!
You are learning young lad.

A great cheap bourbon. I've seen others here say they don't like it but definitely quality for under $20.

I love their green label rye for a great cocktail mixer as well. Manhattans are a great drink if you want some bourbon without being straight bourbon.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 01:13 AM 11-05-2017
With a mixer only, but Jesse James isn't so bad for being $15. If I don't want Buffalo Trace or want something super cheap, that's the go-to.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:35 PM 11-24-2017
Buddy came by and brought some bourbon called 'The Burning Chair' the other night. Five year aged in wine barrels or some such shit. Like $60/bottle apparently. Charcoal colored bottle is a pretty cool touch, but odd for whiskey.

I made an old fashioned with it and thought it was pretty tasty, but I was pretty fucked up at that point so I could have probably finished a cat piss drink and been content.

I'm gonna sip on it later and report back I believe.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:53 PM 11-24-2017
The Burning Chair is pretty tasty stuff. Just a splash of water and it tastes great. Easy sipping whiskey. Smells great too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:02 AM 11-25-2017
Originally Posted by Pablo:
The Burning Chair is pretty tasty stuff. Just a splash of water and it tastes great. Easy sipping whiskey. Smells great too.
I remember my first drink
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:37 PM 12-09-2017
Any of you guys in KC seeing Blanton's or Colonel EH Taylor in stores?

I'm down to my last bottle of Blanton's and completely out of Taylor.

Side note: Anyone tried Whistlepig? Worth the money?
[Reply]
phisherman 07:29 PM 12-09-2017
I've liked all the Whistle Pig stuff that I've tried, but I really dig rye.

Which EH Taylor are you looking for? It should be pretty easy to find the Small Batch, Single Barrel or Straight Rye. Blanton's is still pretty easy to find but you really have to look around. The KC Whiskey Society just did a single barrel pick of Blanton's and I'm excited to get my hands on a bottle!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:19 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by phisherman:
I've liked all the Whistle Pig stuff that I've tried, but I really dig rye.

Which EH Taylor are you looking for? It should be pretty easy to find the Small Batch, Single Barrel or Straight Rye. Blanton's is still pretty easy to find but you really have to look around. The KC Whiskey Society just did a single barrel pick of Blanton's and I'm excited to get my hands on a bottle!
For some reason, it's not easy at all in STL.

It may be that I'm just REALLY unlucky, but I've seen one bottle of Blanton's (marked up to $100) and no bottles of any variant of Taylor in STL in months.

Might be worth the trip up to visit friends over Xmas break if I know I can stock up while I'm there. Where should I be looking?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:41 PM 12-30-2017
Purchased a bottle of Four Roses Small batch for new years
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:44 PM 12-30-2017
First drink thoughts on this Four Roses Small Batch:

First few sips holy fuck this shit has some kick to it. Wasn't enjoy but had a nice after taste. Thought I was going to be really disappointed. Few more sips and damn this is some pretty good shit. Might be better as a cocktail.
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:59 AM 12-31-2017
I got some Yellow Label for tonight, I actually prefer it over the Small Batch. I am going to try an Old Fashioned or six for the first time ever.
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 AM 12-31-2017
Got some eagle rare single barrel for tonight. Wife and kids are just getting over the flu so we’re just hanging at the house. Gonna have a few old fashioned and call t a night
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:02 PM 12-31-2017
Picked this up at Cosco last night for $99.

[Reply]
Page 61 of 207
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up