ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Severe Weather Thread-2020*****
displacedinMN 09:14 AM 04-11-2020
Many may know-I am a weather watcher. I have a weather station at school that posts to many weather services. Also have a website with a Twitter account. (with a Chiefs list)

Below is the Windy.com map. I centered it on KC but it can be moved to where you are located. Or go to Windy.com-there is also an app.
Very versatile and tons of possibilities. This map is fully functional for the viewer.

Some have already had severe weather-where as I am looking at 5 inches of snow for Easter.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/

penguinz 08:55 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Tip to the wise. Put your car floor mats on your windshield. Pull your windshield wipers up off the window and point them straight up. Take plastic grocery sacks and tie them up around your mirrors, then push your mirrors in toward the car window. It'll make de-icing your car tomorrow much easier. Or put the car in the garage for you rich bastards...
My wipers don’t stay up on there own. Stupid Jeep.
Coach 11:04 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
My wipers don’t stay up on there own. Stupid Jeep.
Just wrap it around with a plastic bag?
Easy 6 11:26 PM 12-31-2020
Its been an ultra mild fall and early winter so far around here, so some big shitstorm was inevitable... it wasn't staying 50 and 60 all day forever, lets get it over with already
LiveSteam 11:58 PM 12-31-2020
We just had 9 inches.the other day.
Had to break out the 2 stage snow blowers.
First time ive fired them up in a couple years
Buehler445 11:58 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I hope I don’t have to drive back in this crap. They got about 10” of snow at home yesterday so we missed that but we are driving back from Branson on Saturday.
I’d give my left nut for 10” of snow.
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:25 AM 01-01-2021
Used to keep your maskless faces at home. How can you smell & taste my uglies with covid
Bob Dole 08:30 AM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
We just had 9 inches.the other day.
Had to break out the 2 stage snow blowers.
First time ive fired them up in a couple years
Wait. You can fire up a snowblower but not a chainsaw?

That’s some cross-site shit talk right there, son.
htismaqe 09:50 AM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’d give my left nut to live anywhere but the fucking Midwest. If I don’t make it out of Iowa by age 50, they’re going to find my frozen body in a drift.
displacedinMN 09:55 AM 01-01-2021
I wish I could send it to you.

We went from 0 to 6 inches in just a few hours before Xmas. Now a bit more. It is ok.
Coach 10:12 AM 01-01-2021
I’d give my left nut to live anywhere but the fucking Midwest. If I don’t make it out of Iowa by age 50, they’re going to find my frozen body in a drift.

Same here, except out of Missouri.
Pablo 10:14 AM 01-01-2021
Snow is coming down steady here in north KC. It's a winter wonderland out there right now. Kid has already asked to go out and play in the snow three times, trying to hold him off until this afternoon.
htismaqe 10:19 AM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Same here, except out of Missouri.
I’ve actually considered moving down here (I’m in Branson right now). It might not seem like it but the winters here are 100x better than at home.
Buehler445 10:25 AM 01-01-2021
I'm here for the long haul, I hope anyway. Iowa is a different beast altogether.

I went to Iowa in the winter ONCE. It was Cedar Falls. I can't remember, I want to say for 4 days - It was buttfucking foggy every fucking day. When we rolled in, it was so foggy, I drove right by NIU and didn't realize it had changed from a field to a major university.

By the time it was over, I REALLY needed some sunshine. Sure, it's cold here, sometimes, but I get sun. And hell, if it's sunny and the wind stays out (big ask) or I can get on the south side of a building, it's straight up nice.

Originally Posted by Pablo:
Snow is coming down steady here in north KC. It's a winter wonderland out there right now. Kid has already asked to go out and play in the snow three times, trying to hold him off until this afternoon.
:-)
Coach 10:27 AM 01-01-2021
I’ve actually considered moving down here (I’m in Branson right now). It might not seem like it but the winters here are 100x better than at home.
Except it does get quite a bit of some ice storms every now and then, at least I know in Springfield. Kansas City isn't bad by any means, just I'm tired of the cold, in general. I'm thinking more further south than Missouri, myself.

Of course, maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.
htismaqe 10:28 AM 01-01-2021
I'm here for the long haul, I hope anyway. Iowa is a different beast altogether.

I went to Iowa in the winter ONCE. It was Cedar Falls. I can't remember, I want to say for 4 days - It was buttfucking foggy every fucking day. When we rolled in, it was so foggy, I drove right by NIU and didn't realize it had changed from a field to a major university.

By the time it was over, I REALLY needed some sunshine. Sure, it's cold here, sometimes, but I get sun. And hell, if it's sunny and the wind stays out (big ask) or I can get on the south side of a building, it's straight up nice.

:-)
The wind at home has gotten unbearable. The trees are all gone now, felled by farmers. We live in a hill and on a good day when it’s still downhill, there’s a breeze at our place. When you add in the storms and winter, about half of our days have winds 20mph or above.
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up