Page 200 of 205
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Mecca 12:16 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This has to be a joke.

Anybody that came to this place from the old Star forum knows you're absolutely wrong.

And that was 2-fucking-thousand.
Well to be fair back in those days people lost their shit over the political posts hence how we ended up with that sub forum.
eDave 12:16 PM 08-27-2020
So you want to confine their message and effectively mute them? Way to support the cause, bro.
WTF? Odd take. The no politics in the Lounge rule is still in effect.
Mecca 12:17 PM 08-27-2020
So you want to confine their message and effectively mute them? Way to support the cause, bro.
It doesn't accomplish jack or shit on this forum, no one cares what anyone else has to say. All it does is create animosity among the people posting here by debating an issue that no one has any desire to listen to anyone else about.
htismaqe 12:18 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
WTF? Odd take. The no politics in the Lounge is still in effect.
We're not talking about politics. We're talking about sports.

Sports is talking about politics.

Imagine that?
htismaqe 12:19 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It doesn't accomplish jack or shit on this forum, no one cares what anyone else has to say. All it does is create animosity among the people posting here by debating an issue that no one has any desire to listen to anyone else about.
It's easy for you to say to shut it down after you've posted a few dozen times how you feel about it. Come on man, you're better than that.
eDave 12:20 PM 08-27-2020
We're not talking about politics. We're talking about sports.

Sports is talking about politics.

Imagine that?
It honestly should just be moved.
Mecca 12:21 PM 08-27-2020
It's easy for you to say to shut it down after you've posted a few dozen times how you feel about it. Come on man, you're better than that.
Pretty much everyone has posted a few dozen times and it hasn't accomplished anything other than causing posters who dislike each others political standings to talk shit to each other, so yea fun shit.
TribalElder 12:25 PM 08-27-2020
WNBA suspending all games today

wow

I didn't know the WNBA was still a thing
Sassy Squatch 12:25 PM 08-27-2020
I'm pretty surprised a mod hasn't even stopped in yet to say hi.
htismaqe 12:25 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It honestly should just be moved.
Then have it moved. There's a a couple of mods active right now, report it.

I get that nobody wants politics to creep into the lounge. But to think the NBA and some NFL teams can do what they are doing and NOT talk about it in the lounge is ridiculously naive.

A lot of people that support these athletes want to "take it to DC" where it will disappear into the mire. That's like the exact opposite of raising awareness and facilitating change.
Buehler445 12:25 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Stating that Trump has divided the country is simply a fact (and I don't know why saying something so obvious would upset anybody). But stating it also doesn't mean nobody else on the other side has contributed to that (or that they're aren't various other reasons for it).
Look. I’m not particularly a trump guy. But when you say what you said with nary a mention of the other side this is the result you’ll have.

All I’ll say.

Fuck I hate politics.
DJ's left nut 12:26 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Pretty much everyone has posted a few dozen times and it hasn't accomplished anything other than causing posters who dislike each others political standings to talk shit to each other, so yea fun shit.
That's your takeaway from this thread.

And you have the juevos to say "nobody's listening to anyone anyway..."

Jesus you're a master of projection. You might as well have just said "Chicago Fans aren't listening" or "some people say they aren't listening..."

Pretty much all you have to add 'round here anymore. Casting yourself as an audience proxy of sorts and telling us what 'the world' thinks/does because you do it or think it.

Nah - I don't think I'll take my queues from you. There's been plenty of substantive back and forth in this thread. You're just not a big fan of the fact that your particular side of this argument sucks badly. I've listened to it. I've digested it. And it's been wholly unpersuasive.

Why? Because it's a bad argument. From a lousy messenger.

Seems to be the theme of the last couple days...
htismaqe 12:26 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'm pretty surprised a mod hasn't even stopped in yet to say hi.
I imagine if it gets reported enough, they would but much like a couple of other "non-political" threads that remain in the lounge, sometimes it's pretty hard to keep things nice and neatly separated.
Mecca 12:27 PM 08-27-2020
Then have it moved. There's a a couple of mods active right now, report it.

I get that nobody wants politics to creep into the lounge. But to think the NBA and some NFL teams can do what they are doing and NOT talk about it in the lounge is ridiculously naive.

A lot of people that support these athletes want to "take it to DC" where it will disappear into the mire. That's like the exact opposite of raising awareness and facilitating change.
Another issue is there's like what 15 people on this forum that give 2 shits about the NBA and now all of the sudden everyone cares when this comes up.
FloridaMan88 12:27 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
WNBA suspending all games today

wow

I didn't know the WNBA was still a thing
I am sure ESPN/ABC which are forced to broadcast WNBA games as part of their TV contract with the NBA are hoping for the WNBA to remain on a permanent boycott since showing dead air would get higher TV ratings than WNBA trash.
Page 200 of 205
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204 > Last »
Up