ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Independence Center brawl
Mecca 10:18 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Most parents these days just give excuses to why their kid is a shithead. It's the schools. It's the tv. It's the video games. It's the government. On and on.

I don't have any kids because I know I'd be a shitty parent. That is the first step. Tons of people who don't want the responsibility, but they do it anyway.
This goes a lot of different ways, schools and psychologists have gotten way over involved in parenting and coddling really. When I was a kid if I fucked up I got the shit smacked out of me, these days they expect when your kid fucks up that you should hug them and tell them it's ok.

Society in general turned children into these little cult objects that should be worshipped and coddled and it's created a real problem.
[Reply]
scho63 07:55 AM 01-05-2021
If I lived in the town, I would open a store in the mall called "Boxing Center" and let everyone who wants to fight come in and charge the other kids admission.

BOOM- problem solved! Win win
[Reply]
Valiant 10:44 AM 01-05-2021
I heard over the latest shooting, Chick fil a also closed early and will look into relocating.

That is a cash cow that could be leaving. Shit, I bet a small portion of mall traffic is from there. Practically an anchor tenet.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:52 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I heard over the latest shooting, Chick fil a also closed early and will look into relocating.

That is a cash cow that could be leaving. Shit, I bet a small portion of mall traffic is from there. Practically an anchor tenet.
Agreed. Chick Fil A doesn’t play around. They typically only open stores in affluent and low crime areas.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:10 PM 01-05-2021
They should all be charged with murder for spreading the Coronaidz.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:56 PM 01-10-2021
Arrested for toy guns this time

Three carrying toy guns arrested after disturbance at the Independence Center https://t.co/wgFZIixPwM

— KMBC (@kmbc) January 10, 2021

[Reply]
Halfcan 05:19 PM 01-10-2021
^ How would shots be fired with toy guns?
[Reply]
Bowser 10:13 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
^ How would shots be fired with toy guns?

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:11 AM 01-13-2021
You know kctv5 won’t let this die.

Bannister, Indian Springs and the fate of Independence Center https://t.co/INglqMP9aP

— KCTV5 News (@KCTV5) January 12, 2021

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:46 AM 01-13-2021
Bannister is gone? Holy cow.

Indian springs was crap when I lived there and taught school close to it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:48 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Bannister is gone? Holy cow.

Indian springs was crap when I lived there and taught school close to it.
Dunno if this was a sarcastic comment or not lol...but Bannister has been gone for a looooooooong time.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:34 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Dunno if this was a sarcastic comment or not lol...but Bannister has been gone for a looooooooong time.
Not sarcastic. I did not know that. It was a huge place.
First time I saw a Walmart that big.

What else is there now?

I have not lived in KC since 1995
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:41 AM 01-13-2021

What else is there now?

The mall is just gone. Empty field is all. The surrounding area where the Walmart and other strip mall stores was is now a Cerner campus.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:42 AM 01-13-2021

What else is there now?

It's now a huge office complex for Cerner Corp. The mall was razed years ago. The land was originally a horse riding ranch called Benjamin Stables. Warpaint was stabled there in the 1960 snd 1970s.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:00 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
It's now a huge office complex for Cerner Corp. The mall was razed years ago. The land was originally a horse riding ranch called Benjamin Stables. Warpaint was stabled there in the 1960 snd 1970s.
tearing down and vacating a walmart is not an easy task either
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up