ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith announces retirement
-King- 09:57 AM 04-19-2021
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Elizabeth Smith (@lizbsmith11)

[Reply]
-King- 12:04 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, for one he's already been a coach for years and was a coach on two Super Bowl teams. I'd rather have Mike Vick coach than Alex Smith.
Yeah but he was probably teaching Mahomes to throw incompletions and interceptions!! Dude played 4 games in his career and had 0TDs and 2INTs! Why would you want that guy to teach your qb anything?!?!
[Reply]
TEX 12:19 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Alex fumbled late in that Indy game. The ball was recovered by an Indy defender whose ass cheeks were split by the boundary at the edge of the field.

in other words...he was out of bounds when he recovered the ball.
Yep, and it was the turning point in the game. The ball went backwards for like 20 yards and the guy falls on it near the sideline, but when he gets control, he was clearly out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
See this is the kind of moral victory horse shit that turns people off of the whole topic.

3 of those guys have Super Bowl rings. Alex is a nice guy and a decent QB but nobody gives a shit about a guy that won 70% of his regular season wins but is 2-5 in the playoffs with no Super Bowl appearances.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 01:03 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
3 of those guys have Super Bowl rings. Alex is a nice guy and a decent QB but nobody gives a shit about a guy that won 70% of his regular season wins* but is 2-5 in the playoffs with no Super Bowl appearances.

*in the past 10 seasons , (so ignores the worst chunk of his stats) if you look at the graphic...Huge asterisk there, another reason people dislike that kind of "stat"
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:04 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm genuinely shocked he didn't end up in Jax, he would've been an ideal backup/mentor for Lawrence
Well they tried. Jville's docs had a look at him.

Jax told him his leg was fucked and they weren't gonna sign him. So he retired.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:05 PM 04-20-2021
See this is the kind of moral victory horse shit that turns people off of the whole topic.

3 of those guys have Super Bowl rings. Alex is a nice guy and a decent QB but nobody gives a shit about a guy that won 70% of his regular season wins but is 2-5 in the playoffs with no Super Bowl appearances.
Fire up the bbq and beer for the tailgate for the regular season but not in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:38 PM 04-20-2021

And it would something to note if he made it to a SB, or multiple conference championship games etc.... but, his playoff success was basically the one divisional win 10 years ago on an otherwise very good team with a 29th rated passing attack.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:40 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Alex fumbled late in that Indy game. The ball was recovered by an Indy defender whose ass cheeks were split by the boundary at the edge of the field.

in other words...he was out of bounds when he recovered the ball.
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep, and it was the turning point in the game. The ball went backwards for like 20 yards and the guy falls on it near the sideline, but when he gets control, he was clearly out.
Meh, if we were on defense and made that same play, I'd be furious if they didn't give us the ball.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:59 PM 04-20-2021
No Tom Brady doesn't win one every year but the thrill of winning one can often last long enough to get you through to the next one. Hell, the Super Bowl win 2 years ago will probably be enough to get me to my DEATH. It was that awesome. I wasn't even disappointed in losing this year. NOTHING can take away 2019.

That's the real issue. Been a fan since 1989 and after a while a handful of hope doesn't cut it anymore.
This.

Seeing them win the Superbowl cannot be stated how much that means to me. We easily forget that there were fans who went their entire lives, some of them were members here, who died never seein their Chiefs win it all.

I want them to win more, but if they never do again before im gone, its enough.

Ive seen them win, and lose the big one.

Now I just want to enjoy Mahomes' career here, and see how it all plays out.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:05 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Good discussion, boys. Very chill, civil. I like it.

yeah. I agree. Good times.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:12 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

One of those is not like the others

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 06:08 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Seems we all mostly agree.

Good discussion, boys. Very chill, civil. I like it.
Yeah man, this is a great thread.

Not only was it all amiable but it was civil in a thread about ALEX SMITH - probably the most divisive non-political topic in the history of Chiefsplanet.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:09 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
This.

Seeing them win the Superbowl cannot be stated how much that means to me. We easily forget that there were fans who went their entire lives, some of them were members here, who died never seein their Chiefs win it all.

I want them to win more, but if they never do again before im gone, its enough.

Ive seen them win, and lose the big one.

Now I just want to enjoy Mahomes' career here, and see how it all plays out.

[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 07:00 AM 04-21-2021
Cheers Alex, to a great few years that set up the greatest years.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 08:48 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
*in the past 10 seasons , (so ignores the worst chunk of his stats) if you look at the graphic...Huge asterisk there, another reason people dislike that kind of "stat"
Ehhh the worst chunk of his stats though is easy to ignore because they were from his first years in the league and not later in his career...

I still wonder how he would’ve done sitting behind a favre for years like Rodgers did, and then how Rodgers would’ve done starting right away like smith did. For some reason I think Rodgers would’ve still been fine starting right away, because of his personality but Alex’s personality makes me feel like he woulda been pretty bad ass in the nfl had he been able to sit behind favre for those years...
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up