ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do You Shop at Thrift Stores?
gblowfish 10:07 AM 04-18-2021
We have several here in Independence. A couple have a bunch of old antique stuff that looks like all the crap in your great grandmama's house. I've found some cool old LP records, old blues and lounge stuff like Dean Martin and Louis Prima. The things I look for most are kitchen stuff like pots and pans, glassware (especially bar glasses like beer pint glasses, wine glasses and martini glasses) and gadgets like a garlic press. Electronics I like old radios. I just bought a Craig AM/FM/Ipod tabletop set for $5. It works, but it has a broken antenna, Replacing the antenna and buying some contact cleaner to clean up the switches inside will cost more than the entire radio! I got a red copper non stick skillet for $6. They're still sold on Amazon, and brand new it's $25. How bout you? Got a good deal on anything recently?

https://www.cnet.com/products/craig-...e-dock-cradle/
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:28 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Does anyone who does frequent thrift shops lately have any handle on how often KitchenAid mixers come around.

That's one big ticket kitchen appliance I often daydream about, but can't muster the number of uses to justify the price. I know they're worth it if you use it, but I also know they last forever, so if I can find one at thrift shop rates, I'd be sufficiently incentivized.
:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:16 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
This seems like a typical babbly lee pretentious twat response.

The thread title fucking says "thrift stores" so how about just going with that, twat?
God, you are so persistently aggressively utterly worthless.

Nobody's asking for your effeminate psychotic obsessive DC schtick in the main lounge.

Do the world a favor and put a bullet through your fucking sinuses.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:27 PM 04-18-2021
Does anyone who does frequent thrift shops lately have any handle on how often KitchenAid mixers come around.

That's one big ticket kitchen appliance I often daydream about, but can't muster the number of uses to justify the price. I know they're worth it if you use it, but I also know they last forever, so if I can find one at thrift shop rates, I'd be sufficiently incentivized.
I just checked ebay and they have like 800 used ones. Although by the time you pay shipping you're over halfway to a new one.

Thing to consider, counter space if you don't have a cabinet it will fit in.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:27 PM 04-18-2021
This seems like a typical babbly lee pretentious twat response.

The thread title fucking says "thrift stores" so how about just going with that, twat?
Jesus dude.

You need help.
[Reply]
Katipan 06:29 PM 04-18-2021
I'm thinking pasta for sure.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:29 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I just checked ebay and they have like 800 used ones. Although by the time you pay shipping you're over halfway to a new one.

Thing to consider, counter space if you don't have a cabinet it will fit in.
Careful not to get any shit on your shoe.
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:31 PM 04-18-2021
My wife is a pro. She picks me up nice outdoor clothing and occasionally motorcycle or fishing related gear. If I say, “Meh”, she drops it off at a local consignment.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:38 PM 04-18-2021

BL, I have a plan for you. Get a cabinet setup like this, but Mixer, use the hell out of it because it’s convenient, stop worrying about justifying the cost because you’re using the shit out of it. I’m here to help :-)

[Reply]
Buehler445 06:39 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
I'm thinking pasta for sure.
I’m going long odds on meat grinder attachment.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:41 PM 04-18-2021
Careful not to get any shit on your shoe.
You just have to learn to ignore it. It must have a very miserable life.
[Reply]
Katipan 06:48 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m going long odds on meat grinder attachment.
Dammit. I'm changing my vote.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:48 PM 04-18-2021
Get a cabinet setup like this
My aunt just in the last couple of months remodelled her entire kitchen and put one of those in her center island.

Mom is trying to figure out how to fit a cabinet setup like that into her kitchen now, . . but they have pretty new <5yo cabinets already, and she has shallow top drawers below all the counters.

I've been on the lookout if there is one of those racks that actually work around having a top drawer above the base cabinet. Seems like it could be engineered but haven't found it yet [like alluded to above, mom just got interested in one when she saw my aunt's finished project a couple weeks or so back].
[Reply]
Donger 06:50 PM 04-18-2021
[QUOTE=Buehler445;15633716]BL, I have a plan for you. Get a cabinet setup like this, but Mixer, use the hell out of it because it’s convenient, stop worrying about justifying the cost because you’re using the shit out of it. I’m here to help :-)

Did you match the dog to the tile, or the tile to the dog?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:56 PM 04-18-2021
My aunt just in the last couple of months remodelled her entire kitchen and put one of those in her center island.

Mom is trying to figure out how to fit a cabinet setup like that into her kitchen now, . . but they have pretty new <5yo cabinets already, and she has shallow top drawers below all the counters.

I've been on the lookout if there is one of those racks that actually work around having a top drawer above the base cabinet. Seems like it could be engineered but haven't found it yet [like alluded to above, mom just got interested in one when she saw my aunt's finished project a couple weeks or so back].
I know they make some screw in jobs for existing cabinets but have no idea what dimensions they need. It’s really good. At our last place wife stored it on top of the refrigerator:-). So Buehler445 then assumed the responsibility of moving the thing. The place we moved into needed a kitchen, so this was money well spent.

She uses it quite a bit more. Hell the homemade whipped cream by itself is worth the money. Real money is I don’t have to do it anymore.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:57 PM 04-18-2021
[QUOTE=Donger;15633743]
BL, I have a plan for you. Get a cabinet setup like this, but Mixer, use the hell out of it because it’s convenient, stop worrying about justifying the cost because you’re using the shit out of it. I’m here to help :-)

Did you match the dog to the tile, or the tile to the dog?
Dog came first, obviously. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up