ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Best WR fits for each team...
htismaqe 07:25 AM 04-10-2021
Sorry, it’s an ESPN+ article. Can’t post the whole article from my phone it’s too long.

Originally Posted by :
Best team fits for wide receivers in the 2021 NFL draft: Landing spots for Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Kyle Pitts

D'Wayne Eskridge, Kansas City Chiefs

Height: 5-9 | Weight: 190 | School: Western Michigan

Where the Chiefs could get him: Round 3 (No. 94)

Why he fits: With Sammy Watkins leaving via free agency, I like Kansas City taking a chance on Eskridge, who has some straight-line juice. And while Eskridge shows some functional hip tightness on tape, his skill set would fit Andy Reid's route tree. Run the glance routes off run-pass options, crossers, overs and inside verticals. That's where you see his explosive traits after the catch.

With quarterback Patrick Mahomes throwing with velocity and location, Eskridge could be schemed up as another weapon with breakaway speed. He could be a steal for the Chiefs.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/i...dle-kyle-pitts
[Reply]
In58men 07:35 AM 04-10-2021
I’d rather go somebody bigger like Simi Fehoko and I’m sure he’ll be there in the 3rd round as well.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:32 AM 04-10-2021
Andy is as creative as any play caller in the league when it comes to his short yardage/goal-to-go offenses, but this team needs an X receiver with some size and good hands in a big way to take the pressure off of Kelce in those situations. I personally don't want us chasing more Dexter McClusters for this offense, especially when we have Hill and Hardman already.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:09 AM 04-10-2021
These fucks do zero research.

Chiefs love speed. Give them a fast, deep ball threat.

Fucking hell.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:23 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
These fucks do zero research.

Chiefs love speed. Give them a fast, deep ball threat.

Fucking hell.
It's Teicher-esque
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I’d rather go somebody bigger like Simi Fehoko and I’m sure he’ll be there in the 3rd round as well.
Fehoko is going around the 5th round in most mocks I've seen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Andy is as creative as any play caller in the league when it comes to his short yardage/goal-to-go offenses, but this team needs an X receiver with some size and good hands in a big way to take the pressure off of Kelce in those situations. I personally don't want us chasing more Dexter McClusters for this offense, especially when we have Hill and Hardman already.
What has Andy ever really had a guy like that in this offense? Yeah, he likes those bigger guys, 6'1" to 6'2" but he's never really had a jump ball guy. What you're wanting is another TE or a really big WR, which I just don't see the Chiefs doing. They've had several chances and they just don't pull the trigger.
[Reply]
In58men 11:39 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fehoko is going around the 5th round in most mocks I've seen.
Even better
[Reply]
staylor26 11:42 AM 04-10-2021
For what we need?

Rashod Bateman

For our prototype in general?

Elijah Moore
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
For what we need?

Rashod Bateman

For our prototype in general?

Elijah Moore
If you’re looking at 1st and 2nd round guys, for sure. Eskridge is a 3rd rounder most likely and option if we go LT, DE, or DB in the 1st two rounds.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:23 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What has Andy ever really had a guy like that in this offense? Yeah, he likes those bigger guys, 6'1" to 6'2" but he's never really had a jump ball guy. What you're wanting is another TE or a really big WR, which I just don't see the Chiefs doing. They've had several chances and they just don't pull the trigger.
That's fair.

But just imagine if we did get that prototypical X receiver in here and paired him with the weapons already present. At some point you'd think Andy would mix it up a little and throw opposing defenses a wrinkle, and a 6'2 X (or legit TE2) would be a wrinkle for sure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:39 PM 04-10-2021
That's fair.

But just imagine if we did get that prototypical X receiver in here and paired him with the weapons already present. At some point you'd think Andy would mix it up a little and throw opposing defenses a wrinkle, and a 6'2 X (or legit TE2) would be a wrinkle for sure.
I would have liked to see more of RSJ last year but Andy doesn’t seem to want to try it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:07 PM 04-10-2021
Bateman is nice, maybe they go Marshall if they want to keep the big body.

I could see Andy saying screw size and go get Elijah Moore.
[Reply]
kcbubb 01:01 PM 04-11-2021
I personally don't want us chasing more Dexter McClusters for this offense, especially when we have Hill and Hardman already.
I know y’all are sick of me pounding the table for Rondale Moore but you can see what I like about Moore here on this video.

https://youtu.be/vY8c0l5lVyQ

He’s built thick. His quads and butt are thick. He has functional speed. His 40 is blazing but his head is still as he runs. And most of all, his explosion out of breaks is elite. Elijah Moore is a poor mans Rondale Moore in this regard. Separation, separation, separation.... easy quick throws for mahomes and this also helps the oline.

I agree that having a big target would help in the red zone but I’m not sure that any of the guys we could get in the 2nd and later on would be a significant upgrade over the guys we already have.

And Hardman is no comparison. This is what drives me crazy. Hardman is a long legged long strider. He’s built extremely thin and his yards after contact are minimal. His separation out of breaks is average. And worst of all, hardmans feel for the game and football iq is poor. Rondale Moore has a high football iq. His slows down in zones and reads the field. Rondale and mahomes would be lethal.

Here’s on review of Rondale...

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-be...ore-163519670/

Top End Speed/Explosiveness: From the second you turn on Moore's tape his athleticism is probably the easiest thing to notices. He has great burst and breakaway speed, which should make him a serious big-play threat at the NFL level.

Playmaking/YAC Potential: Moore's speed, low center of gravity, and power made him very tough to tackle at the college level and could make him a reasonably tough open field assignment at the NFL level. He's shifty, powerful, and runs with a great motor. Additionally, he has a set of reliable hands and catch the ball well away from his body. He has a chance to excel at hauling in deep passes at the next level.

Production: When healthy, Moore has been a very productive player, this dates back to his high school experience. He can be relied on to produce like an "X" or lead receiver at the NFL level.

Route: 8.5/10 Hands: 9/10 Catch in Traffic: 8.5/10 Speed: 9.5/10 Playmaking: 8.5/10 Blocking: 8.5/10, YAC 9/10

My Take: Moore is an intriguing player whose tape and production should get a little praise within this draft class. Evaluators should know right away that he's a player that can excel as an inside or outside receiver and can come in and elevate whatever team he plays on when he's healthy. I think he has room to grow as a route runner but has impressed me with his skill and production as a receiver in college. I like a few receivers in this draft, but I don't think all of them have the same type of upside as Moore. His tape, production, and athleticism puts him among the best players this draft has to offer.

Here’s another article and I’ve included a few pieces of it... the football iq part is important. We’ve seen pat’s frustration with wrs not seeing what he does.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...addition-bears

This is a kid who spent a high school season in quarterback meetings and watched games from the press box to better understand coverages when he was ruled ineligible due to a transfer. In college, according to an ESPN story, he was almost late for the presentation of the Paul Hornung Award (nation’s most versatile player) because he was busy training. Distractions – even good ones like awards – don’t matter. He’s focused on football and getting better.

“I’ve surrounded myself with some really good people, even dating back to high school, before I even transferred to Trinity (in Louisville),” Moore said.

And that’s just one reason why the former Boilermaker will almost certainly have his name called in the first two days of the 2021 NFL Draft.

When it came to academics, Purdue’s academic advisors mapped out a plan to graduate in three years – Moore did it in 2.5. And when it came to the offense, Brohm had the “W” position ready to go in his system – a role that lined Moore up all over the offense and featured him prominently.

“We ran a spread-style offense, but we have plenty of pro-style concepts where we'll go 21 (personnel), we'll go 12, we'll flex a tight end. We'll put me in the slot with the tight end outside. We'll put five receivers on the field,” Moore said. “So I mean, the cool thing about Purdue, man, is we pretty much did it all.”
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:42 PM 04-11-2021
So besides size, why isn’t Moore getting more looks to go in the first round? Is it really all about size?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up