ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurant must in KC for a 5 year old boy?
luv 08:31 PM 04-05-2021
Doing a family weekend in KC in a few weeks. Going to Legoland, etc. Are there any dining experiences that a 5 year old boy would enjoy? Came across Fritz's. Just not sure we're that into trains.

EDIT: Thanks for the recommendations. We were going to try Fritz's at Crown Center after going to Legoland, but there was a line well out the door. We decided to go across the hall to Burnt Ends BBQ. Not the best I've had, but not bad.

Legoland was fun, but cramped and much smaller than expected. We went to Top Golf on Sunday morning, and the kiddo actually liked it, too. Hit up the Science Center at Union Station before leaving town that afternoon. It was probably our favorite destination. The kiddo had a great weekend, so mission accomplished. :-)
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:46 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
In fairness, I was referring to the Waldo location, but after googling, it appears the River Market location is up and running as well.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:07 PM 04-05-2021
Kid will definitely enjoy Fritz’s, even if he’s only mildly interested in trains.
[Reply]
srvy 09:10 PM 04-05-2021
Science City at Union station is cool for a kid but book tickets in advance online to make sure on the day you plan to visit. Places to eat in Union Station or take sky bridge over to Crown Center to eat.

https://www.unionstation.org/calendar
[Reply]
luv 09:11 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Unfortunately, there aren’t really any great restaurants for kids in KC. I mean, there are plenty of kid friendly places, but no real kid destinations. Fritz’s is probably the closest thing to what you’re looking for, but it’s not that great.
That's what I was thinking. We'll probably just find a good diner type atmosphere someplace close to where we're staying. Wanted to check in case there was something I just wasn't thinking of.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:15 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you looking for ball pits?

:-) I was gonna suggest this
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:16 PM 04-05-2021
Shady Lady Lounge has decent food
[Reply]
lewdog 09:16 PM 04-05-2021
Chuck E Cheese.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:36 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Shady Lady Lounge has decent food
The crabs are great!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:38 PM 04-05-2021

[Reply]
srvy 10:11 PM 04-05-2021
Well I was going to suggest Crayola Cafe at Crown Center but covid killed them too. Been there since 1999 died in January 2021
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:23 PM 04-05-2021
Most 5 year Olds hate food IMO. Places that didn't suck having children there longer than 30 mins:

Sushi Train Restaurants: you sit around a big train track and the chefs continually put stuff on a little train that slowly works around all the guests. Pay by the plate color and count. Pretty low quality sushi but fun.

Hibachi Grill - They are all the same in the KC Metro mostly.

Incredible Pizza - Mediocre Golden Corral buffet, but the play area is amazing and much better suited for kids.
[Reply]
srvy 10:53 PM 04-05-2021
No 5 year old is going to eat sushi but kids love trains.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:04 AM 04-06-2021
Another vote for Fritz’s. I took my nephew there when he was 5 or 6 and it blew his mind. Highly recommend. Science City is also great.
[Reply]
eDave 12:46 AM 04-06-2021
Does KC have Rainforest Cafe's?
[Reply]
KCWolfpack 02:05 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Does KC have Rainforest Cafe's?
Used to, but none left in KC now. In fact, there's only a little over a dozen left in the entire country. Definitely a dying chain.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up