ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>I own the 2021 KC Draft guide. AMA.
Direckshun 11:04 AM 04-05-2021
It's a 300 page superdocument created by the smart kids behind the AP Lab, to document as many NFL prospects as possible, specifically with a KC angle that allows for them to tell us how good of a fit such-and-such players are for the 2021 Chiefs.

Any questions about it and its contents, I will answer with the guide.

Ask away.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:26 PM 04-08-2021
Spencer Brown?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:46 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Spencer Brown?
He has one of the best pro-day workouts in history. Interesting prospect for sure.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:51 PM 04-09-2021
Brown played tight end all through high school. Put on tons of artificial weight in college.”when he was converted to O-line. While his athleticism is through the roof, I worry that he will suffer from JJ Watt syndrome and always be injured because he has to work so hard to keep weight on.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:01 PM 04-09-2021
Artificial weight? :-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:01 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Artificial weight? :-)
?

You think these dudes walk around naturally at these weights when their careers are over let alone entire off-seasons? Industry term.

When Akiem Hicks was recruited to LSU out of high school, it was as a linebacker and he weighed between 225-240 lbs. max. He is currently listed at over 350 lbs.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:05 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
?

You think these dudes walk around naturally at these weights when their careers are over let alone entire off-seasons? Industry term.

When Akiem Hicks was recruited to LSU out of high school, it was as a linebacker and he weighed between 225-240 lbs. max. He is currently listed at over 350 lbs.
I’m fully aware. You’re using it as some knock on him when most offensive linemen do the exact same shit.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:12 AM 04-11-2021
I’m fully aware. You’re using it as some knock on him when most offensive linemen do the exact same shit.
Not all. With age, metabolism slows and it is easier for them to keep the weight on. Read an interview with Brown and he admitted his struggles with it as he is a hard-gainer and wasn’t crazy about the toll it took on his body.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:15 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Not all. With age, metabolism slows and it is easier for them to keep the weight on. Read an interview with Brown and he admitted his struggles with it as he is a hard-gainer and wasn’t crazy about the toll it took on his body.
Mind posting the link?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:52 AM 04-12-2021
Mind posting the link?
Struggling to find the damn thing - it actually quoted Brown grumbling a bit about having to wake in the middle of the night to eat to pack weight on.

PFN alludes to his high school/college transformation here:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/s...le-uni-tackle/

Decent read.

I’ll see if I can’t find it...
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:20 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by iSavedLatin:
Would you mind sharing what they think of the pair of Clemson receivers Amari Rodgers and Cornell Powell?

TIA!
You're welcome.

Amari Rodgers is WR14 (95th prospect overall) with a 3rd round grade. His playing style is compared to Randall Cobb's and he's given a "medium fit" designation for the Chiefs.

They say he's "one of the grittiest, smartest" players in the draft, built like a RB who showcases a great vertical and great speed to get deep, playing completely fearlessly and was still productive after Trevor Lawrence went down. However, he is mostly a threat to zone defenses, and may have trouble shaking CBs in the NFL, as his route running needs a lot of work and he can get out-physicalled quite a bit.

Cornell Powell is WR31 (220th prospect overall) with a 5th round grade. He does not have an analysis in the guide.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:21 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I listen to the pod and often wonder as they clamor about their guys, have they hit on any previous picks?
They do not address that in the guide.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:25 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Can you post the top 31 ranked players? I’m really curious.
1. QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson
2. QB Zach Wilson, BYU
3. TE Kyle Pitts, Florida
4. OT Penei Sewell, Oregon
5. QB Justin Fields, Ohio State
6. LB Micah Parsons, Penn State
7. OT Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
8. CB Jaycee Horn, South Carolina
9. EDGE Kwity Paye, Michigan
10. WR Ja'Marr Chase, LSU
11. CB Patrick Surtain II, Alabama
12. EDGE Jaysen Oweh, Penn State
13. EDGE Jaelen Phillips, Miami
14. QB Trey Lance, North Dakota State
15. EDGE Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
16. WR Devonta Smith, Alabama
17. OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State
18. OT Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech
19. CB Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech
20. WR Jaylen Waddle, Alabama
21. RB Najee Harris, Alabama
22. OT Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC
23. OT Jalen Mayfield, Michigan
24. WR Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
25. CB Greg Newsome II, Minnesota
26. EDGE Joseph Ossai, Texas
27. TE Brevin Jordan, Miami
28. IOL Landon Dickerson, Alabama
29. S Trevor Moehrig, TCU
30. EDGE Joe Tryon, Washington
31. OT Liam Eichenberg, Norte Dame
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:27 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
WR Tommarion "Scary" Terry from FSU have any upside?

He'd be a late rounder WR I'd take a flyer on.
Terry is WR33 in the guide (244th overall) and does not have a player evaluation in the guide. He has a 6th-7th round grade.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:28 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
What’s the story on Larry Borom from Mizzou?
Borum is OT25 in the draft guide (201st overall) and does not have a player analysis. He has a 5th round grade.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:34 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Spencer Brown?
Brown is OT16 in the guide (94th overall) and has a 3rd round grade.

He's, clearly, "massive," and moves like a much smaller player. His strength is in the run game, where he roadgrades and eradicates at the 2nd level. His play in the pass is strong, too, showing savvy abilities in managing passrushers. He is still very, very raw, however, and has a lot of technicalities to clean up -- he's still relatively new to the position.

They compare his playing style to Kaleb McGary, and conclude he has a rare set of skills that are appealing but is only a "medium fit" because the Chiefs are so pass-heavy. A long-term project.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up