ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I think Fisher is coming back
HemiEd 08:30 PM 03-31-2021
It just seems to be lining up where the Chiefs are planning on it to me.

His injury against Buffalo in the AFCCG was sudden and sad.

Bart Verch said he planned on him coming back in August.

Then he is suddenly cut/released.

A complete new OL minus a LT.

Yeah, I know about the draft, but it just seems to be stacking up for Fisher's return to me.

Discuss
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:54 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's early. For sure.

But it's not hard to read the tea leaves to see that there aren't really any options left out there atleast ones we know about.

FA for a LT is pretty sparse and the draft puts is in a tough spot to get one.
So, if I know that, and you know that, we can assume Veach knows that.

We can also assume that the agents for Okung and Villanueva know that as well. Why would they be in a hurry? I'm sure they're shopping around, and they should, and that doesn't mean Veach hasn't been in touch if he's interested. I would imagine he would be; but who knows which and whether?

Veach apparently didn't like Reiff; his deal was reasonable.

I'm just saying assuming there's no plan because it hasn't happened yet on April 1st is silly.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:55 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hey at least you can always fall back on the "homer defense".

Nevermind that you've been presented plenty of information and evidence.

But yeah, they're just being homers. You're the only realist here.
I'm not really interested in those labels. I'm most interested in who's making pertinent football arguments.

Logic is not a democracy, however, and it doesn't really matter to me how many people are on whatever sides of whichever argument.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:58 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
:-)

The same exact roster, and they'll probably bring back Brown at WR, too.

I'll take them over the field in the NFC at this point.

If the Bucs played in the NFC West it’s entirely possible they would finish 3rd or worse.

Something important to learn from our run it back campaign: You’re returning the same team, but everybody else is different. We were still by far the best team in the AFC, but some bad luck at the wrong time derailed the whole thing.

That shit can happen to anybody. And it often does. It’s hard to maintain the familiar over a full season and have it still come out on top over new different and shiny.

The Bucs will be good again. But back in the Super Bowl? No way I’m taking them over the field in the NFC
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:02 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If the Bucs played in the NFC West it’s entirely possible they would finish 3rd or worse.

Something important to learn from our run it back campaign: You’re returning the same team, but everybody else is different. We were still by far the best team in the AFC, but some bad luck at the wrong time derailed the whole thing.

That shit can happen to anybody. And it often does. It’s hard to maintain the familiar over a full season and have it still come out on top over new different and shiny.

The Bucs will be good again. But back in the Super Bowl? No way I’m taking them over the field in the NFC
This is off topic, but is there a team you'd take over them?

Not a team who could beat them, a team you'd legit take over them.

I know it's early, but still. That's Tom Brady with great weapons, protection, and defense.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:09 AM 04-01-2021
This is off topic, but is there a team you'd take over them?

Not a team who could beat them, a team you'd legit take over them.

I know it's early, but still. That's Tom Brady with great weapons, protection, and defense.

I’d take the Rams over the Bucs if I had to bet.

That plus the randomness of the field is why I don’t think they’ll return to the SB. The Cards or Seahawks are both “hey, if they get hot...” teams. The packers aren’t going away and will continue to challenge. I’ll even extend a puncher’s chance to Ratface Jr. and his merry band of dumbfucks.

Hell, we still don’t know about the Saints. Brees was an albatross to that team after he came back from that injury. I don’t trust Taysom Hill, but you never know about Famous Jameis...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:10 AM 04-01-2021
How can someone watch so much football buy still be absolutely clueless about it. It's amazing.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:24 AM 04-01-2021
We may have no choice. They’re probably going to sign Okung but they absolutely have to have a plan B because that guy is a fatter Sammy Watkins at this point and a project is not seeing the field year 1 unless Andy has no choice.

But Fisher could sign somewhere else in May. That’s the time to look at him
[Reply]
Fish 11:29 AM 04-01-2021
No chance. But if he did, he'd probably play his natural position at RT...

:-) :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:38 AM 04-01-2021
I'm gonna say it again. It's possible the Chiefs believe the starting LT of the future is already on the team in Niang.

"They'd be foolish to trust such an important position to some guy like that!"

They know more about their own players than anybody else, including sportswriters. He opted out, yes, but he did participate in the online OTAs. And opting out doesn't mean the Chiefs couldn't keep in contact with him.

I'm not predicting it. Just saying that if we come out of the first 3 rounds of the draft without an OT, I'm not going to be worried. Most people will set their hair on fire, but I'll actually be quite optimistic. It means the Chiefs think they've already got the problem solved.

We went on the Silverforeskin ride before we brought back Remmers. It could be the Chiefs went into the offseason saying, "Niang is good. Let's put him in at RT and get a bookend on the other side." When we lost the bidding, we just went back to Remmers and said, "We'll still be fine with Niang at LT."
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:42 AM 04-01-2021
You don't view Fisher/Schwartz to Niang/Remmers to be a massive downgrade?

You saw the same Super Bowl I did. Protecting Mahomes needs to be the highest possible priority.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:45 AM 04-01-2021

You saw the same Super Bowl I did. Protecting Mahomes needs to be the highest possible priority.
Schwartz barely played last season and Remmers filled in at RT just fine. So from 2020 to 2021....RT isn’t really a downgrade.

And no one knows what Niang is compared to Fisher at this point.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:48 AM 04-01-2021
Comparing this line to the Super Bowl is stupid and disingenuous.

Wylie isn’t going to be our RT. Remmers isn’t our LT. And we have an all new interior line.

Fucking Christ.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:49 AM 04-01-2021
Fisher is a two time pro bowler at LT and CP continues to shit on him. I swear you people don’t deserve someone like Big Fish who has been an excellent LT protecting Mahomes. I mean Mahomes has a losing record when Fisher isn’t playing
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:51 AM 04-01-2021

Well, we LITERALLY don't know.

I mean, we can objectively say that Remmers < a healthy Schwartz.

We literally don't have any idea if Niang < a healthy Fisher. The Chiefs do have an idea. We don't.

We had neither Fisher nor Schwatz in the Super Bowl, which is the whole problem.

I can tell you that Thuney > any lineman at any position we employed in 2020.

I can tell you that a healthy Long > any lineman at any position we employed in 2020 not named Schwartz. Is that what we'll get in 2021? Dunno, but if not, we're DEEP at OG.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:51 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Fisher is a two time pro bowler at LT and CP continues to shit on him. I swear you people don’t deserve someone like Big Fish who has been an excellent LT protecting Mahomes. I mean Mahomes has a losing record when Fisher isn’t playing
How about you bring something to the discussion or you shut the fuck up. No one here has shit on Fisher, you fucking mouth breather.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:51 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
How about you bring something to the discussion or you shut the fuck up. No one here has shit on Fisher, you fucking mouth breather.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up